Majestic Minima Hotel
Adelaide Inn(Adelaide)
O'Connell Inn(Adelaide)
Hotel Richmond(Adelaide)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmelbourne streetrooms are smallgreat locationfree laundrylion hotelcar parkshort staysmall fridgeacross the roadironing boardfree busking sizesecure parkingcafes and restaurantscomfortable bedadelaide ovalwill stay there again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed here for three nights while I attended the Womad music festival last weekend. Checking in using the automated system was smooth and without any problems. The room is small and clean. It is fine if you just need a place to sleep. I was at the festival most of the day and didn't need any other amenities. The room has the basics - A/C, TV, kettle, coffee/tea, ironing board, hair dryer and safe.

The hotel is situated on a great strip in North Adelaide - there were great little cafes and restaurants in both directions as you left the building. There is also a little grocer if you want to buy some fruit etc diagonally across the road. I walked from the city to the hotel. However it is on a bus route from city with buses stopping every 15 minutes on weekdays. A taxi from this hotel to the airport at 6am cost me $22.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Ethan40
Greg_Vaughton, Manager at Majestic Minima Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dear Ethan40

Thank you for the kind review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our convenient location. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

The place was clean and everything worked AOK.

We had a balcony which looked straight onto a wall and the air-conditioner sounded like you were on a jet plane (so if you are a ligt sleeper and your trip's in summer maybe this isn't for you) but other than those things the place was a great crash pad. Compact and comfortable and the table on the roof terrace is a great escape above the street.

Yes I would go back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear g7t

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our property, I do hope you stay with us again.

Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here as it was recommended by adelaide friends. I did find checking in a bit frustrating but think it would be easier next time. The rooms are small but had everything we needed including an iron & ironing board. Our room did have a strange mural in it with birds on the ceiling which creeped me out a bit. I would stay here again great location. Lovely shops.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Familytravels21

Dear Familytravels21

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate your comments and look forward to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Really like this Hotel great value for money.We have stayed here a couple of times, some great rates available on the net. North Adelaide is a lovely leafy suburb of Adelaide, you can easily walk to the Zoo and the Botanical gardens and its not that far to the river Torrens and CBD of Adelaide. The rooms are on the smallish side, but its just as the name suggests.. Minima! Its very clean, modern and comfortable with King size bed, clean & modern bathroom, tea and coffee making facilities, iron & ironing board and everything else you would expect in a good Hotel. Cheapest secure off street parking in Adelaide and the self check in system is quiet easy to use.The rooms that we have stayed in have all had a balcony, not much of a view but nice to have some fresh air if you wish. Found it to to be a quiet location even on the weekend. There are lots of great Restaurants and Cafes all along Melbourne street, highly recommend the Himalayan Restaurant, The Old Lion on the corner and there is a great Desert Cafe just down from the bakery on the corner, they specialise in Spanish Chiros and chocolate.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Kerryk47

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our property, I appreciate your comments about the facilities and I am glad to welcome you back. I look forward to your next stay with us again.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed here when I was in Adelaide for a couple of nights. It really is very small but comfortable for one person. The room is clean, modern and equipped with the basics of tea, coffee, bar fridge, cup, bowl, spoon etc.

A friend of mine also stayed across the hall who was with his partner. They found it difficult having two people in such a small room.

For $100 it was great value for one person who wants a clean secure room close to the city and close to North Adelaide.

The street is pretty quiet. I was expecting something with a bit more groove and energy when they said it was full of cafes and restaurants. Yes there are cafes and restaurants but it's quiet. Which was fine just don't go there expecting Ackland St.
I was originally put in a ground floor room (the balcony opened onto the carpark) but this made me feel a bit uneasy so I called the reception from the phone in the foyer and I was allocated a room on a higher floor without a fuss.
I didn't see any staff when I was there which felt weird but I had everything I needed and they were just a phone call away.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank babysun

Dear babysun

Thank you for taking time to post a review. We always promote our rooms being smaller than that of a standard hotel room which allows us to offer affordable pricing. I am pleased to hear you had enjoyed your stay and that are staff where able to attend to your needs as required. I thank you for your comments and do hope you will choose to stay with us again.