“Everything we needed”

Majestic Minima Hotel
Ranked #12 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here as it was recommended by adelaide friends. I did find checking in a bit frustrating but think it would be easier next time. The rooms are small but had everything we needed including an iron & ironing board. Our room did have a strange mural in it with birds on the ceiling which creeped me out a bit. I would stay here again great location. Lovely shops.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Familytravels21
Greg_Vaughton, Manager at Majestic Minima Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dear Familytravels21

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate your comments and look forward to have you stay with us again.

There are newer reviews for Majestic Minima Hotel

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Really like this Hotel great value for money.We have stayed here a couple of times, some great rates available on the net. North Adelaide is a lovely leafy suburb of Adelaide, you can easily walk to the Zoo and the Botanical gardens and its not that far to the river Torrens and CBD of Adelaide. The rooms are on the smallish side, but its just as the name suggests.. Minima! Its very clean, modern and comfortable with King size bed, clean & modern bathroom, tea and coffee making facilities, iron & ironing board and everything else you would expect in a good Hotel. Cheapest secure off street parking in Adelaide and the self check in system is quiet easy to use.The rooms that we have stayed in have all had a balcony, not much of a view but nice to have some fresh air if you wish. Found it to to be a quiet location even on the weekend. There are lots of great Restaurants and Cafes all along Melbourne street, highly recommend the Himalayan Restaurant, The Old Lion on the corner and there is a great Desert Cafe just down from the bakery on the corner, they specialise in Spanish Chiros and chocolate.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Kerryk47

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our property, I appreciate your comments about the facilities and I am glad to welcome you back. I look forward to your next stay with us again.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed here when I was in Adelaide for a couple of nights. It really is very small but comfortable for one person. The room is clean, modern and equipped with the basics of tea, coffee, bar fridge, cup, bowl, spoon etc.

A friend of mine also stayed across the hall who was with his partner. They found it difficult having two people in such a small room.

For $100 it was great value for one person who wants a clean secure room close to the city and close to North Adelaide.

The street is pretty quiet. I was expecting something with a bit more groove and energy when they said it was full of cafes and restaurants. Yes there are cafes and restaurants but it's quiet. Which was fine just don't go there expecting Ackland St.
I was originally put in a ground floor room (the balcony opened onto the carpark) but this made me feel a bit uneasy so I called the reception from the phone in the foyer and I was allocated a room on a higher floor without a fuss.
I didn't see any staff when I was there which felt weird but I had everything I needed and they were just a phone call away.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank babysun

Dear babysun

Thank you for taking time to post a review. We always promote our rooms being smaller than that of a standard hotel room which allows us to offer affordable pricing. I am pleased to hear you had enjoyed your stay and that are staff where able to attend to your needs as required. I thank you for your comments and do hope you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I booked the room booking.com to spend the night in the city for New Year's Eve , to watch the fire work in the room ( via the balcony ). When I got there my booking confirmation didnt work, so i used the intercom, the staff guided me through the process but when I insert my credit card to pay the screen says the room selected was not available, then it just reset to home screen, i rang the intercom again and the staff told me to try checking again it should work, not until the third time i tried it the screen froze and keep telling me to inserted my credit card, long story short
Checking process big hazel, not only for me but also other couple who came after me.
When we got in the car park, there were not parking left, but i paid already it was 11 pm NYE.
Vending machine didnt work in the basement
10 mins to firework i went out to the foyer to get snack from vending maching( what it says in the book). Went I got out there were no vending machine because it was moved to the basement, however i couldn't get back into my room on ground floor because my card didnt work, my husband was still inside the room waiting for me to get back, the fire work start and ended and i was still stuck in the foyer, two ladies tried their cards to let me inside but their card didnt work either. The security staff came over with the master key but still he couldn't get it to work, i ended up using his phone to call my husband to come out and let us in.
I was disappointed because i missed the firework, which was the main reason for staying at the hotel on NYE.
After my stay i didn't thought of writing this review until i checked my account balance and realised i was charged 105$ x 3.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Duyen N

Dear Duyen N

Thank you for taking time to post a review. I apolgise for the great inconvenience caused to you on your stay with us. In response to your comments with the difficulty encountered with the self check in kiosk unfortunately due to booking through a 3rd party the confirmation number provided to you was incorrect and Majestic Hotels confirmation is required through the self check in kiosk, the problems encountered with the remainder of the check in process could have been caused from a number of issues from room type availability and card issues. Yes our vending machine is now located in basement and based on your feedback new signage has been placed at the entrance to indicate this. Again I apologise for the disappointment during your stay. I thank you for your comments and do hope you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Utterly shocked at some of the other reviews on here! My A/C worked fine, the room had everything, there is a supermarket and a cracking burger bar on the opposite side of the road.

Slept very well, and the bathroom was very well equipped. Was concerned about noise, but the AC drowned out all noise, and I slept fantastically on a Saturday night.

Only failing is the vending machine advertised on their website has been removed, which is a shame.

Large range of TV channels, this place was good value for money.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Greg_Vaughton, Manager at Majestic Minima Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Dear RobWedekind

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our property, I welcome your comments about your recent stay and how you enjoyed the property, we still do have the vending machine avialable but now it is located in the basesment car park. I look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

This property is without exageration the worst place I have ever paid money to sleep. Not only is the room smaller than a walk-in closet, but it was so small and uninhabitable that an airport Formule One motel would put it to shame (and that says something). The room has been recently painted and the bed seemed clean but prior to people handing over their hard earned cash, they should be warned about these claustrophibia-inducing capsules. I've been annoyed previously when I've stayed in motels swarming with biting insects but Magestic Minima Adelaide was disgustingly hot without A/C and there were no staff on site to answer for the poor standard of accomodation. What should one expect from a cheap, dodgy motel? Certainly not to be deliberately scammed by the Magestic Minima owners. These people actually installed a room card switch with two settings so the first setting turns on the lights and power but a second firm push is required to power the air conditioner. Of course there is no notice informing the guest of this but the sweltering room does have a lie posted on the wall next to the A/C remote saying it will turn on after 5 minutes. This is so the guest will forget about it and go to sleep, meanwhile the Magestic Minima owners save on A/C bills while their paying guest swelters in squalor. To make matters worse, the on-call attendant reached over the phone knew exactly what the problem was and had been instructed not to reveal the method of powering up the A/C unless pressed. This property is run like a railway ticket vending machine and should be avoided. Sleeping in the car in the overpriced guest car park proves to be a better option that sleeping in that sweltering sty. Vagrants should be paid good money to stay at the Magestic Minima Adelaide.

• Stayed: December 2012
5  Thank dantheman151

Dear dantheman151

Thank you for taking time to post a review. We always promote our rooms being smaller than that of a standard hotel room which allows us to offer affordable pricing. In response to your comments about no staff available onsite Concierge services are on hand from 2.00pm through to 10.00pm at reception, outside of these hours the intercom at the front of reception will connect you directly to after-hours guest services whom can assist. You are correct in saying that the in room card switch which actives power to the Air Conditioning requires to be firmly pushed down, this is clearly explained via the sign which is located above the key tag switch itself and in the compendium located in your room. I thank you for your comments and do hope you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Very easy to book on line yet could speak to a real person about preferences. Easy self book in. Great to have secure parking and great access to all on melbourne st. A good stay that i would highly recommend. I was cautious initially about self check in but all went very smoothly. Modern facilities that are well mauntained. Just do it....

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Dreaming01

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our property, I appreciate your comments about the ease of check in and the well maintained facilities. I look forward to having you stay with us again.