Tripadvisor
Adelaide Bike Hire - Performance Road Bikes
Open today: 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
Road bike hire

Martin was super accommodating and flexible. The whole process was really easy and casual. Highly... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Elliotrl
via mobile
Bike riding in Adelaide

Excellent service from Martin. Perfect road bike delivered to our door. He suggested perfect... read more

Reviewed 5 weeks ago
janetbW2198EI

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Adelaide
from $205.04
from $316.32
from $424.57
from $93.75
More Info
All reviews great place to ride great riding drop off and pick up whole process maclaren vale local knowledge carbon willunga helmets saddle companies instructions mount collection region coffee
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Excellent service from Martin.
Perfect road bike delivered to our door.
He suggested perfect routes to try.
Adelaide is amazing!
A must do while in S.A.
Got to see a koala...extra added bonus.

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed December 30, 2019 via mobile

Had a great time renting from Martin, who could not have been more friendly and helpful - with flexible drop off and pick up of the bike to my hotel and great suggested rides.

The bike itself was perfect with the performance for some fairly long distance rides.

Date of experience: December 2019
MartinG6025, Owner at Adelaide Bike Hire - Performance Road Bikes, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2019

Thank you Liam. It was nice to meet you. Glad you like the riding in Adelaide. Just a bit hot sometimes :)

Reviewed December 26, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I booked two road bike with Martin for two days and it was awesome.
Martin is a very nice guy. Because the first day of our rent fell on christmas, he brought us the bikes for free late on Christmas Eve.
The bikes were in an awesome condition. Merida Carbon road bikes. Kind of brand new.
We got a lock and helmets. He also gave us very good advice where to cycle.
We have had a very good time with these cool bikes. Everything worked wonderful.

The end of the renting was also great. Martin picked up the bikes as late as possible: 9pm! So we cycled till 8.50pm.
Just wonderful!!! Thank you so much Martin!!!!

Date of experience: December 2019
MartinG6025, Owner at Adelaide Bike Hire - Performance Road Bikes, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2019

Thank you for the great review. It was really nice to meet you both. Great to hear you liked riding in Adelaide. Hope you enjoy the rest of your holidays.

Reviewed December 17, 2019

I arrived for a 2 day stop in Adelaide as part of our honeymoon. Just before arriving into Adelaide, Martin messaged to get in touch to see if I wanted to have the bike delivered the evening before I was scheduled to have the bike so I could get out first thing on day 1. This sounds a minor thing but in a very short stay, this made the world of difference.

On arrival I messaged Martin with a ETA to the hotel and he responded that he checked a suitable time for after arrival (which was late on a Sunday night!) and then sent me a link so I could follow where he was so I could set about normal unpacking etc without the inconvenience of sitting in a hotel lobby wasting time. Again a minor thing but was really good from a customer service perspective.

On arrival, I met Martin who was a really friendly and chilled guy who clearly loves cycling and loves the local area. His local knowledge is massive. I told him my brief ideas for the couple of days and he was able to give me some really invaluable pointers around the local bike paths (particularly on the way to Willunga Hill) which really came in handy as the first days ride was planned to be a stretch and the pointers meant that there was very little in the way of wasted mileage. He provided a number of maps that really helped with the mental navigation around Adelaide and out to Mclaren Vale.

The bike was a Merida Scultura with 105 groupset on it. It was clear and well serviced. It was a comfortable ride for a couple of long days in the saddle.

Collection was hassle free as well. Martin came to the hotel and collected from the luggage room whilst I was out enjoying some well earned food. Again, nothing seemed too much hassle and the convenience factor cannot be understated.

I would highly recommend Adelaide Bike Hire to anyone as the service was nothing short of excellent. It seems like all of the little extras seemed to be considered standard practice. Hopefully I get to come back in the future and if so I will definately be using these guys.

Thanks again for a brilliant service. Could not have asked for a better start to the holiday (except maybe not 41 degrees on day 2!)

Date of experience: December 2019
MartinG6025, Owner at Adelaide Bike Hire - Performance Road Bikes, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2019

Cheers Scott. Thank you for the great review. Glad to hear you really enjoyed the riding and the bike.

Reviewed November 10, 2019

I rented a bike from Martin for a couple of days last week.
The bike was great (recent and well maintained).

It was very practical to have the bike delivered at and picked up from my place. Martin was very arranging for the schedule. He also gave me excellent advice on the where to go.

Cycling is a great way to discover the Adelaide hills, and Adelaide Bike Hire delivered a fantastic bike to do it !

Date of experience: November 2019

Cheers Ben. Great to hear you liked the bike and riding.

ps. Sorry for the late reply. Didn't get an alert from Trip Advisor that a new review had come through.