“My favorite Hostel in Adelaide”

Hostel 109 Flashpackers
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I came back a second time (and I am looking forwad to the next stay already).
Hostel 109 is in a convenient location within easy walking distance of CBD. A very good pub/restaurant lies just across the road.
The hostel is run in a very personal and professional way. The organization of the kitchen area results in a miracle of tidiness and cleanliness.
The guests are a delightful mix of ages and interests.
Internet access is free, a bonus for those who travel without a computer.
The rooms all open onto skylight-areas (no windows to the outside) which makes the place quiet and restful.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Quiet, clean and well serviced hostel near to the centre of Adelaide. The free wireless Internet is an excellent feature which is accessed from rooms rather than just around the reception (a cop out for a lot of hostels). Free tv and coffee is also a nice touch. Staff were friendly, helpful and knowledgeable and other guests quiet and considerate during our stay.

Overall an excellent hostel and I'd have no problem recommending it to friends.

Room Tip: A double room for $70 per night is tough to beat in the city
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2012

This is my first time staying in a hostel dorm room. I believe this is one of the better hostels around the city. Free and fast internet, clean and quiet as well. Good rating overall.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 12, 2012

my boyfriend and I stayed here earlier in the year. we found it very clean and the staff were very friendly. good atmoshpere but still quiet enough to get to sleep.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Me and my girlfriend arrived very early in the morning and was met by the owner of the hostel. He told us our room would not be ready as it was 7am but he showed us around the hostel and all the things we needed to know. The double beds are 2 twins beds pushed together but to me it made no difference as they were comfortable and not the typical prison style mattress you get at a hostel. It is very safe and in a great location, no noise whatsoever.

The owner goes out of his way to make sure you are ok and having a good time. We had a greyhound bus at 8pm and as we were leaving to go there, he offered to drive us there (2 rucksacks, 2 backpacks and a food bag) You can imagine how happy we were to get a lift instead of walking.

Perfect

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jimbobgraham
Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

We arrived at this hostel expecting it to be ok from reviews but found a dirty unmade bed which claimed to be a double. I changed the sheets myself and when speaking to the owner the following morning was told they just made it look tidy from the guests before - entirely disgusting! Apparently we were compensated by having a double bed which is what we had paid for which incidentally is twin beds pushed next to each other - overall a dirty place with unhelpful staff - avoid if you can.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Jen2000_4
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I stayed in the ladies only dorm. Thankfully max 4bed dorm, I wouldn't wanna share with too many. The place is clean eg. toilets, bath, room, kitchen etc. All sheets are cleaned whenever anyone leaves. Comfy mattress. The place is quiet with FOC wifi. I wasn't a tourist so I stayed indoors most of the time. It's about 10mins walk away from the busy city streets, so there's less noise at the surrounding area. I had to check out earlier than expected, and was given a refund. The Skylink from the airport drops right in front of the hostel.

Cons : Ladies only dorm is right next to the computer area, so for the late nighters typing away would keep you awake.
Pros : its away from the kitchen, so you won't be awaken by the clingclang of pots & pans in the morning & burnt toast.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo