Adabco Boutique Hotel
Chancellor on Currie(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
$95
$82
  • Pool
Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
$112
Adelaide Inn(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
$72
$59
Agoda.com
Mantra on Frome(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
$82
$79
    BreakFree Adelaide(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
    $75
    $73
    Agoda.com
    Comfort Inn Regal Park(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
    $88
    $85
    1,247 results
    All reviewscommunal kitchenhutt streetcontinental breakfastwakefield stown mealsguest laundrygood sizeself caterstreet parkingminute walkheritage buildingthe ground floorrundle malllovely hotelquiet locationcentral marketfree wifi
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed June 4, 2013

The Adabco has a good mix of all the things that add up to a good choice of accommodation - the rooms are comfortable, staff are friendly and helpful, the price is good value for what you're getting, and the location is convenient for getting around the city.

When we checked in to our room, I was pleasantly surprised by the size of it - it was very spacious for two people, and we didn't need to worry at all about having to squeeze past each other.

From the hotel, it was a leisurely 15-minute walk or so to the heart of the action, Rundle Street Mall, or about the same amount of time to get to Central Market. It was about a 10-minute walk to the nearest tram stop, at Victoria Square, where you can hop on a tram to Glenelg.

No matter which member of staff we encountered during our 2-night stay, they were all consistently friendly and helpful and made us feel very welcome.

I thought the rate was good value considering the comfortable room and the location of the hotel - plus the rate included breakfast (even if it was very basic - toast, cereal, tea, coffee and juices).

The hotel is housed in a charming old heritage building to boot, so it's a pretty sight from the outside, too.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Adelaide and will stay here on any future visits.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
    Reviewed June 1, 2013

This hotel is good value for the price. I have stayed here twice on both business and for personal reasons.The price includes a basic breakfast of toast, cereals, coffee, tea and juice. No fringe benefits. The hotel itself does not have a restaurant or room service but at $119 per night that's not my main concern. The rooms I have stayed in have been, clean, comfortable and reasonably large. The windows don't open :(. It is a quiet hotel as it's away from the busy areas of the city, but is still a comfortable 10 minute walk to the Central Market, and 15 minutes to Rundle Mall. It is very close to the Hutt St precinct which has a number of restaurants, ATMs, and also a small supermarket. Each level of the hotel has a shared kitchen area which I found to be clean and easily accessible during both of my stays. Parking can be a problem as the hotel has no undercover parking and the on-street parking is limited to one hour (free in Frome St) or two-hour (ticketed) parking. The closest parking station is about 5 minutes walk across from the Fire Station. Overall it's nothing fancy but I still like it.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
    Reviewed June 1, 2013

Our first experience of the Tour Down Under was made more memorable by the adabco hotel. Modern with traditional heritage, roomy, arty surroundings, breakfast included in rate, in a friendly self serve breakfast area. Kitchens on each floor were clean and well equipped. Location was excellent, walked or cycled everywhere. Hutt St nearby with great quality food options. Staff very helpful. Will return.
    NZ cyclists.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor, no problems at all, spacious room, room for bike too!
    • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
    Reviewed May 31, 2013

We just had a single night stopover on our way to the Ghan.

Nice big room, huge bed, modern furnishings, clean and tidy, nothing to complain about.

15 mins walk to the mall, decent eating places 5 mins walk away.

Very helpful desk staff.

Included simple breakfast was enough for us. We also enjoyed the use of the shared guest kitchen facilities (located on each floor).

Tip; for my wife and I the taxi from the airport to the hotel and again from the hotel to the Ghan cost less than the shuttle bus service.

If in Adelaide again I would stay here.

Room Tip: The view from the back rooms is a little bland, ask for the front.
    • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
    Reviewed May 22, 2013

Can't add much to what others have said really. Our room was huge and high-ceilinged, which meant it wasn't exactly 'cosy', but the loads of storage space and desktop area, and space for suitcases, an enormous and very comfortable bed, and a small fridge made it one of the best value rooms we stayed in during our 5 weeks in Australia. I agree with everything TIRinOZ said about the bathroom, and sadly the lack of somewhere to put your toiletries and hang towels to dry is typical - I'm sure the designers never actually spend a night in the rooms they design or things would be different! On the plus side, there were plenty of towels and they were a good size - so often the bath towels are way too small.

We didn't have a car, so parking wasn't an issue, and although our room was overlooking the fairly busy main road, we didn't find noise a problem. Considering breakfast was 'free', I wasn't expecting much, but it was more than adequate - I've had far worse and had to pay through the nose for it. We didn't use the guest kitchen, but it seemed well equipped.

As we don't travel with a laptop we appreciated being able to use the Internet for free on the computers in the lounge area - such a pity this appears to be dying out. All the staff we came into contact with were friendly and efficient.

I'd happily stay at the Adabco again if we ever return to Adelaide.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple