“Lovely Hotel - very pleased with our choice”

Adabco Boutique Hotel
Ranked #5 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
Tauranga, New Zealand
“Lovely Hotel - very pleased with our choice”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Our first time visiting Adelaide, and we picked this hotel off the internet and read Trip Advisor comments.
We weren't disappointed. Well situated, clean and well presented. Staff very helpful always. Breakfast was as advertised, a continental and more than enough to satisfy us - and best of all, included in the price.
Our room was always well stocked with clean towels and shampoos/soaps etc.
The TV had a wealth of channels to choose from.
Within easy walking distance to some gorgeous restaurants and pubs, and to the City Market, Chinatown, Malls, tram, museum and art galley to name a few.
We hope to come back to Adelaide again some day...and we would definitely stay here again.
Karen and Kevin, NZ

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights and ticked all the boxes. Room was clean and big. Good location and nice front desk agent. The breakfast was nothing fancy but toast and coffee is what we needed. Great value for money!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Booked as a result of reviews for a two night stay. The descriptions of the rooms,service and breakfast were spot on. Very handy location and helpful and friendly staff . The guest kitchens which we did not use were very well equipped and an unusual feature for a hotel. Two computers available for guest use free but no wifi only cable in rooms for which you had to pay. I would recommend.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I travelled to Adelaide for work and stayed on for the weekend, moving to the Adabco. I usually prefer older buildings to flash hotels, so it seemed a reasonable choice judging from the positive reviews. As I walked there from North Adelaide it did seem a bit out of the way. I'd asked for a room on the top (third) floor if possible but was first offered one on the second floor where the window was partly obscured, making it dark and unappealing. The next one offered was on the ground floor with an uninviting outlook and the potential to be noisy, and finally I was offered a room on the third floor which I was happy with. It's not the place to go if you're looking for a view. The rooms are nice, clean and spacious with a large window coverered by wooden blinds, and the bathrooms are spotless and well designed. The staff was helpful, as evidenced by their willingness to let me see different rooms until I was satisfied. The lounge which includes two computers available to guests is large and attractive and adjoins the breakfast room. Breakfast was entirely adequate. I'm not sure I would recommend this hotel though I can't fault it in any practical way - it's great in many respects and its location isn't that bad, but I think I'd look for somewhere closer to town and activity next time (I must say, it was quiet). Nevertheless, I want to thank the hotel staff for making me welcome and comfortable.

Room Tip: Avoid the ground floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed four nights and the hotel has lots going for it (thus the 4 out of 5 rating) but I couldn't help wondering how the few negatives (there were not many!) would impact on other guests. So, let's get those negatives out of the way first! The room we had, which cost the least, was quite small; breakfast was limited; the TV had very poor picture quality and was at such an angle to the bed that my head ached after a while; the touristy advice I overheard the receptionist giving a guest was, shall we say, less than helpful - I lived in South Australia for many years!; there was no in-room safe; and finally, the hotel is stingy with replenishing soaps and shampoos etc. None of these things were a particular bother to us because we weren't in the room much - had too much to do! The many positives included: the excellent location (10 minute walk to Victoria Square, Rundle Mall etc, 5 minute walk to Hutt Street with its restaurants, banks and a grocery shop); 2 bright ceiling lights in the room - beats stumbling around in the semi-dark!; 2 very well kitted out guest kitchens where you can prepare and eat food; lots of peace and quiet; and ease of parking - it is no problem to find a park on the street almost at the front door of the hotel! On balance, I have no problem recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: Check to see if a little more expensive room gives you more space.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AussieBJ
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for the 1st time on Monday, Hotel was excellent, The reception staff were excellent, the place was fresh and clean. The room was as good as any modern hotel. Location was great, and the free light buffet breakfast was nice. Definitely my chosen hotel for Business Trips to Adelaide from now on.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Minneapolis
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My wife and I recently spent 6 nights at the Adabco. Clean, comfortable, affordable. What else needs to be said? Great value for Adelaide! These people know how to run a hotel and understand they are in the hospitality business. Hotel is about 8 blocks from CBD, but lower rates compensate for that slight inconvenience. Being outside the CBD made it very quiet.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple