“Noisy Place”

Ranked #5 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
Chester, United Kingdom
“Noisy Place”
Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

Stayed a few times every thing people are saying is right however if your on the apartment side it's very noisy also the reception are very poor at custom service very abrupt very little sympathy to any problems you may have

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Pachac

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Adelaide Central
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Nice furniture, clean room, but windows are full of dust and rooms lack oxygen. The windows in the ground floor room couldn't be opened. Otherwise, nice stuff and very good location, close to the city.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds

3 Thank Visitor2012-20
Alexandra, New Zealand
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We were very impressed with the facilities and the service at Adabco, a lovely character hotel which has been updated to offer all mod cons. Reception staff friendly and helpful, Our room was spacious, very quiet and comfortable and immaculately clean. Excellent full kitchen facilities on each floor with access to an outdoor patio area.Tariff includes a continental breakfast served in the main dining area. Easy walking distance to free bus and only a few minutes from town. Would definitely stay here again

Room Tip: We chose an upper floor away from Wakefield street and it was very quiet
1 Thank monag8
Here'n'there
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stayed three nights at the Adabco. When arriving I felt that it was a little down-market from what I expected by the advertising photos and blurb, but not too much. When I see 'boutique' I expect some fancy bits and pieces; white linen napkins or fluffy dressing-gowns in the rooms. The Adabco is comfortable, the staff were welcoming, but there are not many frills.

The room was large enough, clean and tidy. No mini-bar, just tea and coffee and UHT milk. There are kitchens for guest use where you can prepare what you want, and a supermarket about 200 metres around the corner which is open until 10pm. Large desk area, which was useful for me.

The bathroom was also clean and tidy, with a shower, no bath. Fairly basic toiletries. The basin was bit of an oddity, in that there wasn't much space around it for my own toiletries, and there was a fake drawer underneath it. That is, a panel made to look like a drawer with a handle, but it doesn't open. So you notice a lack of space around the basin, then realise there's a drawer to use instead, then discover the drawer isn't a drawer.

The water spout over the basin is also a bit odd, in that it emits a jet which is three or four centimetres wide rather than cylindrical. This looks cool, but is impractical if you need to use a thin stream of water, as I do to fill up the reservoir of a dental implement. It's artistic and clever at the expense of being useful.

The 'Continental' breakfast was a choice of two standard cereals, white, wholemeal or multigrain toast, canned fruit, tea or coffee and orange or apple juice. Sufficient, but not what most hotels would call 'Continental', and not what I would have imagined at a 'boutique hotel'.

There's a guest laundry on the ground floor. Large machines, $4 a load, $4 for a dryer too. I used them with no problems.

On my first night I arrived late (8.30pm), unpacked my most creaseable clothing to hang it, and immediately went to Hutt St for dinner. I got back about 11pm, went to the room and finished unpacking, then did some computer work. About 1am I wanted to have a cup of tea to settle for the evening - but the kettle didn't work. I phoned reception, the chap brought another kettle. I plugged it in, it didn't work either. I phoned reception again, saying i couldn't tell whether the problem was the kettles, the power board or the socket, that the situation was pathetic and that I was too tired to sort it out then.

Next morning I went to reception and they immediately said their electrician could go to the room to work out the problem. I had breakfast, went back to the room, the electrician showed up and fixed the problem within a couple of minutes. It was a problem that shouldn't have happened, and it was annoying to me late at night when I wanted to wind down, but at least they solved it fairly promptly and efficiently.

Room Tip: I was there on a very busy weekend so there was little choice of room. Mine was on the east side nea...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Michael J
Perth
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed for a weekend sightseeing trip to Adelaide and to see the musical Jersey Boys before it comes to our home town of Perth next year. The rooms were of a high standard, very clean, quiet (we were at the back on level 2) and the facilities and hotel generally were well deserving of the positive reviews we read before booking. Large people might find the shower a little on the cramped side but we found nothing to fault. With the shutters open our room was particularly light and airy. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Adelaide is a small city so the location was fine for walking around and into the city. We had great weather and enjoyed our excursion to Glenelg via the tram. Overall a very pleasant stay.

1 Thank RFW
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed here for my girlfriend's birthday. We had the Executive Suite, and certainly felt like we were staying somewhere special. Would have loved to stay here for more than one night, but circumstances didn't permit.
Would stay again, perhaps in a less expensive room next time.
Only downside is the walk to the CBD/Central Markets, but is made up for by having quiet cosy surroundings.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I spent five nights in this hotel while visiting Adelaide on business. I am a light sleeper and despite contacting the hotel to request a quiet room, I was given a room directly on the main road. On requesting to change rooms, I was told that there was nothing else available. The traffic noise was considerable and disturbed me throughout my stay. On checking into my room, I noticed used toothpicks and potato chips crumbled on the carpet. These remained during my entire stay. It was extremely hard to get my door key out of the lock, requiring up to five minutes of yanking. I saw and heard other guests having the same problem. Despite advertising in-room wifi, the hotel only offer cable internet in rooms. The guest kitchen was handy but I didn't really have time to use it much. The free breakfast consisted of cereal, toast and fruit juice. The hotel is located a 15-20 minute power-walk away from the CBD. Overall, this place was definitely not worth the price. It is really like a motel and as such is overpriced. For only slightly more per night, there are many vastly better places to stay in Adelaide. I cannot recommend this hotel and will never stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business