“Good value hotel with a kitchen on each floor”

Adabco Boutique Hotel
Ranked #5 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
Jakarta
“Good value hotel with a kitchen on each floor”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed here with my wife and my 1,5 years old boy. I booked through www.booking.com and got a good deal on it. The bed was small but comfortable enough and the sheets were clean. Bathroom was good enough, considering that it was clean and very well maintained, although it's not a fancy bathroom. What we really love is that every floor has its kitchen with a complete kitchen appliances for us to prepare food for our baby. We can also bring some food back and use the microwave to reheat it if we're too tired to go out for dinner.
Locationwise, it's a bit far from any grocery stores or places to eat, there's no room service at the hotel too, but you can always use the kitchen. It's a 15 min walk to the tram station and 7mins to the bus stop, which i just found out at the end of our stay that there's a free bus going around the cbd. Although it's a bit far from the station, it is a nice 15 mins walk.
Overall, we love this hotel and we recommend people to stay at this hotel when they visit adelaide. It's value for money.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Our first visit to Adelaide and chose this hotel from Wotif (good value) and reviews.
Very happy with our choice and would definately stay again on any future trips to Adelaide.
The room comfy and clean, the staff helpful, friendly and efficient.
We didnt use the kitchen or brekky because it was only one night, but for a longer stay I would certainly factor this in.
The kitchen was amazing!
But theres too many lovely brekky spots in Adelaide and we were on holidays after all.
Good walking distance to central markets, downtown and also Hutt street for dinner.
Best advice we received from staff was to go to Goodlife Pizza in Hutt St....OMG!!!
Without a doubt best pizza in town, if not Australia.
Much prefer the sociability that a small boutique hotel can offer as opposed to the souless professionalism of the larger generic ones and this one ticks all the boxes.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed September 14, 2012

My room was large, well appointed and clean.
Getting to the Central Markets and city was not not a problem - I enjoyed the walks.
I spoke with three reception staff over my one-day stay and all were friendly and helpful.
Although I didn't avail myself of the free continental breakfast or use the communal kitchen (with dining facilities), I thought these were very useful extras and added to the value-for-money of this hotel.
This will now be my hotel-of-choice for any Adelaide visits.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Hawaii
Reviewed September 14, 2012

This was my favorite hotel of my three week trip to Australia. The staff was super helpful and friendly. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. I loved the decor and the breakfast was complimentary. Ok the breakfast wasn't anything fantastic but its free and you don't have to worry about finding breakfast. The bed was really comfortable. If I'm back in Adelaide I will definitely stay here again. The only negative is its not right downtown. Its several blocks to the center, but close to some restaurants. David at the front desk is exceptional!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank travel_fanhawaii
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I'm reluctant to keep praising this terrific hotel and its staff because it's already moved to rank as No 3 of 73 hotels rated in Adelaide. If this keeps up, I may not be able to book a room!
Seriously, I don't know how they do it for the price but I'm so glad they do.
Congratulations to the hardworking Housekeeping Team that does such a great job of always presenting guests with an immaculate room. Then there're the Reception staff who seem to be unbelievably polite late in the day.
While Adabco isn't your 'regular' hotel if you're looking for room service and valet parking, it really is great value and a genuinely nice place to stay. I've booked in for another three stays and will be coming back for at least the next 10 months. That's assuming it hasn't hot No 1 of 73 because then I'm sure I'll never get in!
Well done and the positive reviews really are well deserved.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank Shallie B
Hervey Bay, Australia
Reviewed September 10, 2012

My Husband & I really enjoyed staying in this friendly Hotel ,It was very handy to everything that we needed , and very comfortable & clean. We stayed for several nights and would give it a v good rating overall . We would definiatly be staying there again in the near future as we haven't finished with visiting Adelaide yet, We live in Hervey Bay QLD and have recommended the Adabco Boutique Hotel to all our friends & family.

Room Tip: We found maybe it was a tad noisy on the walkway side of the building ( we were on the 2nd floor, ro...