“A excellent central city hotel.”
Review of Mantra on Frome

Mantra on Frome
Ranked #16 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
Christchurch
“A excellent central city hotel.”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We planned to stay 4 nights but stayed five. A great location in the city to be able to walk to all the attractions. Excellent parking under the hotel. Cost a bit high, but convenient to be able to leave the car locked up and off the road. Very helpful and courteous staff. We had a studio room with a good sized bathroom and balcony. A small fridge with lots of goodies to buy, but not a lot of room for your own food. It was very clean and well serviced. We would have no hesitation in using it again and recommending it to friends.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Daniel A, General Manager at Mantra on Frome, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear FinlayBanks,

Thank you for your glowing review about your stay at Mantra on Frome. It is always nice to hear positive feedback like this and I will ensure to pass it onto all the staff that were involved.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future, and maybe next time we can negotiate your car parking - just contact me prior to your stay.

Daniel Ap-Thomas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Indonesian first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Several of our friends booked rooms in this hotel and were quite pleased. The studios are excellent (no washer/dryer or proper kitchen though), however the 2 bedroom corner unit was the best unit. The only negative was the ridiculous amount of food stuffed into the mini refrigerator. I had to remove all of those items in order to put my items in. An small inconvenience. Overall the hotel is very nice and service was great.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear WereTravelinLight,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Mantra on Frome. We do pride ourselves on our service and I am pleased that you found all the staff so professional and Courteous.

We would appreciate it, if you get the time to contact us so we can update your profile to reflect the request for a large fridge in the room, if you choose to stay with us again.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Had the opportunity for a romantic retreat overnight at the Mantra on Frome, we had found previous five star hotels lacking in service, facilities as simple as an ipod doc or music on the television. Daniel was fantastic he went out and bought an ipod dock for our stay as well as two bottles of champagne which we requested and he picked them from his local put them in the fridge for us supplied two champagne glasses and a lovely personalised card to welcome us.

Having stayed previously at the Rendezvouz (apparently 5 stars) in Waymouth St - never again I cannot speak highly enough of all the staff at the Mantra so we are doing it again next week and Daniel is picking up the champagne on his way into work for us - now name another hotel that provides that level of service.

Well done Daniel and staff your level of service is amazing.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear D C

Thank you for your glowing review about your stay at Mantra on Frome. It is always nice to hear positive feedback like this and especially nice to hear that I have personally made your stay enjoyable.

We look forward to welcoming you both back in the not too distant future.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have just returned from two nights at the Mantra of Frome and would recommend it from a business point of view. It is centrally located, near the Crowne Plaza and has good size rooms, good air conditioning, quiet and nice hot shower!
There is no breakfast option but that is not a big deal - there are plenty of cafes nearby.

Room Tip: try for upper level quiet location away from the lifts
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jeff b
Daniel A, General Manager at Mantra on Frome, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear JCB_8,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at Mantra on Frome.

It is nice to see we are located in the close proximity to all your requirements. I do apologise that the restaurant was not open for breakfast; unfortunately it is a leased premises which we do not control.

Please note for future stays, we offer a choice of 2 box breakfasts in each room, plus we offer a discounted rate of $21 for a full buffet breakfast at the Sq Restaurant at Mantra on Hindmarsh which you may charge back if you wish.

I do look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future when you’re back in Adelaide.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I called Mantra on Frome to enquire about valet parking and if hotel had ipod players, I was advised no to ipod player and parking was self service. Carena recommended an alternative hotel for me to call. I called that hotel and was told we do have ipod players but cannot guarantee to have one in the room. I told the staff member I want to book a room for about 5 days time - but still the staff member advised they could not guarantee me a ipod player even though I requested one for my overnight stay. I called Mantra on Frome back again and explained i wanted to book 1 x night accommodation in about 5 days time, could I have an ipod player. Carena spoke with General Manager Daniel and Daniel advised me "I will ensure you have an ipod player for your stay". I also asked if I could have 2 x bottles of bubbles in the room - a specific brand and Daniel said "no worries i will do that for you". As promised the ipod player and the bubbles were there in the room when my partner and I arrived!! I since discovered Daniel actually purchased the ipod player for my stay!! how fantastic is that. I know the brand of bubbles can be difficult to find since it is so popular and Daniel told me after he had difficulty finding the brand I requested, but he delivered as promised. I have never experienced service this good, it is praiseworthy Carena and Daniel truly did exceed my expectations they went all out to please their customer. my partner and I have since booked another stay in the same hotel :) well done!!

Room Tip: ask for what you desire to make your stay special and expect fantastic service
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Chris M,

Thank you for your glowing review about your stay at Mantra on Frome. We do pride ourselves on our service and I am pleased that you found all the staff so helpful.

It is always nice to hear positive feedback like this and I will ensure to pass it onto all the staff that were involved. Your requests were not over the top, and we were happy to provide them for you. At the end of the day it's all about the guest experience and to here that you have booked again is fantastic.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you and your partner back.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Adelaide is one funky city. I rocked up by chance in the middle of the Fringe Festival which meant that even at 10pm on a Wednesday night wild things, music, live theatre and cares, bars and restaurants were all still swinging just around the corner from The Mantra.

Things inside my room were a little less groovy. The fit out of my room was a little on the bland slide and the fengu shui was a bit strange, although everything was clean and in good condition. In the very uninspiring bathroom, I could not find a way to turn off the fan which hummed loudly. While my pillows were very lumpy, a friendly call saw a lovely soft one delivere by the lovely woman on reception.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Nova F
Dear Nova F,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. Please accept my apologies in regards to the fengu shui being not correct. Without feedback like this, we wouldn't have known. Also appreciate the feedback in regards to the fan; we have since had our Maintenance crew look into the problem.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stayed at the mantra with my partner for one night ,for a relaxing last night together before he was deployed back to work hes in the military, we found the hotel to be very relaxing and quiet, its in a fantastic location close to the city, (great for shopping ) The staff at the Mantra were exceptionally friendly, The rooms were very clean, and we even had a great romantic meal next door at the restaurant.. our over all experience was fantastic and we cant wait to stay there again :) thank you so much to all the Mantra staff

Room Tip: apartments are amazing, 2-3 bedroom for long stay as they are like a house, they have everything
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Saraegel21,

I would like to also thank you for the feedback regarding the restaurant, I will ensure to pass this feedback on. We look forward to welcoming you both back in the not too distant future.