“Well Done Mantra on Frome” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mantra on Frome

Mantra on Frome
Ranked #14 of 58 Hotels in Adelaide
Brisbane, Australia
“Well Done Mantra on Frome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Had the opportunity for a romantic retreat overnight at the Mantra on Frome, we had found previous five star hotels lacking in service, facilities as simple as an ipod doc or music on the television. Daniel was fantastic he went out and bought an ipod dock for our stay as well as two bottles of champagne which we requested and he picked them from his local put them in the fridge for us supplied two champagne glasses and a lovely personalised card to welcome us.

Having stayed previously at the Rendezvouz (apparently 5 stars) in Waymouth St - never again I cannot speak highly enough of all the staff at the Mantra so we are doing it again next week and Daniel is picking up the champagne on his way into work for us - now name another hotel that provides that level of service.

Well done Daniel and staff your level of service is amazing.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Daniel A, General Manager at Mantra on Frome, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear D C

Thank you for your glowing review about your stay at Mantra on Frome. It is always nice to hear positive feedback like this and especially nice to hear that I have personally made your stay enjoyable.

We look forward to welcoming you both back in the not too distant future.

Daniel Ap-Thomas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Indonesian first
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have just returned from two nights at the Mantra of Frome and would recommend it from a business point of view. It is centrally located, near the Crowne Plaza and has good size rooms, good air conditioning, quiet and nice hot shower!
There is no breakfast option but that is not a big deal - there are plenty of cafes nearby.

Room Tip: try for upper level quiet location away from the lifts
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jeff b
Daniel A, General Manager at Mantra on Frome, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear JCB_8,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at Mantra on Frome.

It is nice to see we are located in the close proximity to all your requirements. I do apologise that the restaurant was not open for breakfast; unfortunately it is a leased premises which we do not control.

Please note for future stays, we offer a choice of 2 box breakfasts in each room, plus we offer a discounted rate of $21 for a full buffet breakfast at the Sq Restaurant at Mantra on Hindmarsh which you may charge back if you wish.

I do look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future when you’re back in Adelaide.

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

I called Mantra on Frome to enquire about valet parking and if hotel had ipod players, I was advised no to ipod player and parking was self service. Carena recommended an alternative hotel for me to call. I called that hotel and was told we do have ipod players but cannot guarantee to have one in the room. I told the staff member I want to book a room for about 5 days time - but still the staff member advised they could not guarantee me a ipod player even though I requested one for my overnight stay. I called Mantra on Frome back again and explained i wanted to book 1 x night accommodation in about 5 days time, could I have an ipod player. Carena spoke with General Manager Daniel and Daniel advised me "I will ensure you have an ipod player for your stay". I also asked if I could have 2 x bottles of bubbles in the room - a specific brand and Daniel said "no worries i will do that for you". As promised the ipod player and the bubbles were there in the room when my partner and I arrived!! I since discovered Daniel actually purchased the ipod player for my stay!! how fantastic is that. I know the brand of bubbles can be difficult to find since it is so popular and Daniel told me after he had difficulty finding the brand I requested, but he delivered as promised. I have never experienced service this good, it is praiseworthy Carena and Daniel truly did exceed my expectations they went all out to please their customer. my partner and I have since booked another stay in the same hotel :) well done!!

Room Tip: ask for what you desire to make your stay special and expect fantastic service
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Chris M,

Thank you for your glowing review about your stay at Mantra on Frome. We do pride ourselves on our service and I am pleased that you found all the staff so helpful.

It is always nice to hear positive feedback like this and I will ensure to pass it onto all the staff that were involved. Your requests were not over the top, and we were happy to provide them for you. At the end of the day it's all about the guest experience and to here that you have booked again is fantastic.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you and your partner back.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Adelaide is one funky city. I rocked up by chance in the middle of the Fringe Festival which meant that even at 10pm on a Wednesday night wild things, music, live theatre and cares, bars and restaurants were all still swinging just around the corner from The Mantra.

Things inside my room were a little less groovy. The fit out of my room was a little on the bland slide and the fengu shui was a bit strange, although everything was clean and in good condition. In the very uninspiring bathroom, I could not find a way to turn off the fan which hummed loudly. While my pillows were very lumpy, a friendly call saw a lovely soft one delivere by the lovely woman on reception.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Nova F
Dear Nova F,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. Please accept my apologies in regards to the fengu shui being not correct. Without feedback like this, we wouldn't have known. Also appreciate the feedback in regards to the fan; we have since had our Maintenance crew look into the problem.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stayed at the mantra with my partner for one night ,for a relaxing last night together before he was deployed back to work hes in the military, we found the hotel to be very relaxing and quiet, its in a fantastic location close to the city, (great for shopping ) The staff at the Mantra were exceptionally friendly, The rooms were very clean, and we even had a great romantic meal next door at the restaurant.. our over all experience was fantastic and we cant wait to stay there again :) thank you so much to all the Mantra staff

Room Tip: apartments are amazing, 2-3 bedroom for long stay as they are like a house, they have everything
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Saraegel21,

Thank you for your glowing review about your stay at Mantra on Frome. It is always nice to hear positive feedback like this and I will ensure to pass it onto all the staff that were involved.

I would like to also thank you for the feedback regarding the restaurant, I will ensure to pass this feedback on. We look forward to welcoming you both back in the not too distant future.

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed at the mantra for 3 nights with my partner who lives in Adelaide, we decided to stay here so we could spend 3 nights together without being interrupted by his room mates etc.

on the second day of staying here, i accidentally left the key next to my mobile phone and deactivated the key card. i went to reception with my partner and The woman on reception named Carina, asked us to show identification to recieve a new key card. We both did not have i.d on us and the room was booked under his room mate. This unfortunately caused an issue for us but was sorted quickly on our behalf.
On the third night we ordered room service. I called the restaurant 6 times and I was unable to get through. I then called reception and the receptionist said she could take our order. I asked her a few simple questions about the menu which she was unable to answer. We placed our order. She then called me back on the room telephone asking me for my credit card and if I would pop downstairs for her to swipe a per authorisation on my card. I said no problem and did as she asked. When our food arrived the staff delivering the food asked for my signature on the receipt. There was no need for me to sign the receipt as she had already done the transaction in front of me.
This ticked me off as I felt she was suspicious of myself or my credit card. I am from Sydney and I personally would not stay at this hotel as I have stayed at the rendezvous hotel in Adelaide as well as the sebel and the Hilton, I found those hotels much more accommodating.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank lmsnclair
Daniel A, General Manager at Mantra on Frome, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Imsnclair,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. Please accept my apologies in regards to your experience with us. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations.
I appreciate your comments in regards to the key card issue. From my end it is great to hear that my staff are questioning everything, as it shows that our security procedures are in place.

I have followed up your comments regarding the credit card. As you were aware the staff from Mantra only took a further pre authorisation, which allowed the charge to go on your room account. The reasons you were required to sign the delivery docket was because the restaurant happens to be a completely separate company to the Mantra.

They are known as Andre's Cucina & Polenta Bar, and offer our in-house guests a service but are a leased premises which we have no control over. The procedure of signing a receipt is in place so we are able to charge your room account with your permission. I am sorry this procedure has caused you to be upset.

I do hope that we can have the opportunity to accommodate you again in the near future, and please free feel to contact me directly so that I can personally ensure that your stay is a pleasant one.

NZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Location is without a doubt the best attraction of this hotel - about 5mins walk from the main shopping area and surrounded by cafe's.

The staff at the Mantra were exceptionally friendly, quickly getting to know and greet our son every time we arrived or left. They were quick to assist with any of our requests too. The rooms were very clean and provided all the necessary items for a family of four to live comfortably. I'm glad our room was not on the road side however as I imagine the noise would have been considerable throughout the night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank bennyandchelle
Daniel A, General Manager at Mantra on Frome, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Benny and Chelle,

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and it pleases me to hear that you found all the staff so helpful and met your expectations.

It is always nice to hear positive feedback and I will ensure to pass it onto all the staff that were involved over your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you both back in the not too distant future if you were to travel back to Adelaide.