“Great lunch”

Saldechin
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Saldechin was recommended by a friend for lunch. We were looking for Yum Char or steamed dumplings. The lunch time menu had both. We had a special for $16, we could have shared, we got 12 steamed dim sims and a dumplings each. The food was good. However this wasn't the best part, the restaurant architecture is fantastic ( I guess 1930s ) and the atmosphere was great. The restaurant is just off rundle mail and well worth a visit.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We've had breaky at Saldechin a few times now and each time the food has been great.It may be surprising but there aren't many places that know how to poach eggs (they hardboil instead!) and each time at Saldechin they are perfect.

I always have the garden breakfast with eggs and my partner the eggs florentine or benedict and always nice.

I think the breakfast menu is well priced apart from the sides, $7.95 for extra mushrooms or tomatoes etc can be a little steep i think but otherwise, great place for breakfast.

Each time we've been the service has been either really good or the complete opposite. We went on Sunday while in the city and it was great, will definitely return!

Note: the toilets were absolutely disgusting, no soap, no toilet paper and pretty filthy so avoid the bathroom!!

Reviewed September 12, 2012

We went there for my hens night.

Service was great, they really looked after us and the food was sooooooooooooooooooooo good!!
They have a great martini menu and very knowledgable staff

Would like to go back soon!

Reviewed August 11, 2012

We had high expectations. Building looks impressive. We had to order at the counter and pay upfront - should known better. Food was from freezer and we did return it. Tasted like crap. She didnt even return the money. People left before we left and said it was crap too.
To top it all - service went into discussion with us. I recommend AVOID and head to Chinatown for good service and friendly staff, great food.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I went to Saldechin for breakfast a while ago now so some things may have changed. Food was Ok had some crab cakes and eggs for breakfast on the whole food was OK. In my opinion the servcie was poor, unfriendly and slow. Went there with vouchers and used the fineprint to screw us over. But there you go I haven't bought any Our Deal vouchers since