“a wedding at the zoo”
Review of BreakFree Adelaide

BreakFree Adelaide
Ranked #20 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed February 13, 2014

a great place to stay , the rooms are tiny but very fuctional and clean and the bed was great as I normally toss and turn till I get comfortable, we had no problems with the a/c I must admit I did use it as it was 42 degrees, the staff were extremely helpful in organising taxis and letting us know about the trams and how to get around the only downside was a couple of quests who forgot there key and were knocking quite loudly to be let in but that's not the hotels fault I look forward to a return trip .

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Angela P
Amy N, General Manager at BreakFree Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear Angela P,

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at Breakfree Adelaide, and I hope you had a lovely time at the wedding!!

We have excellent beds that are so comfortable, I'm glad that you were able to get a good nights sleep.

We have a number of different room types and configurations, most of which are very spacious.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Breakfree Adelaide, and will ensure that you are given an apartment with lots of space.

There are newer reviews for BreakFree Adelaide

Reviewed February 12, 2014

We had 4 double rooms here for the week of the Tour Down Under. All rooms had at least 2 cyclists in and 2 of the 4 rooms had trouble with the washing machine. We all needed to wash sweaty clothes each day and our machine broke down not once but twice in the first three days. I have never stayed in apartment style accommodation where we didn't have a clothes line or an aired. The beds were very comfy so we slept well. Some rooms are very small while others are bigger for the same money. We were not told about the $15 a day car parking even though we enquired about car parking availability. Front desk staff very helpful. Overall I felt the washing machines not working was a big problem for what we paid for the apartment, was not happy.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Annette H

Dear Annette H

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to review Breakfree Adelaide.

I apologise for the problems you had with the washing machines. We are currently looking at replacing all the washing machines and dryers in the rooms. The rooms don't have clothes lines, however we do have clothes airers avaible on request.

Glad to hear, however, that you found the front desk staff very helpful and the beds were very comfy.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

This was a great place to explore the Adelaide CBD from with the family. Though somewhat small, it was clean and and comfortable and did the trick. My only issue was with the A/C, which was (perhaps not surprisingly) not coping with the 43 degree heat!

The staff were friendly and responsive and the price was right.

Easy to get to and from, and great for a short stay if you're not going to be hotel-bound.

Room Tip: Don't worry about fronting Hindley St - the rooms are well sound-proofed. In fact, there's...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Eric C

Dear Uncle Beer,

Glad to hear that you had such a great time in Adelaide! Breakfree Adelaide is an excellent base from which to explore all the delights our city has to offer.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on trip advisor, I'm only sorry that the weather was so hot during your stay!

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future, should you return to Adelaide.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Just returned from a wonderful 3 days in Adelaide with the family. Stayed in 2 x 2 bedroom apartments and were very pleased with the facilities. Apartments were clean and tidy, Great A/C ( you need this in Adelaide in summer).

Shame they don't have a pool in the complex....and they did not tell us on booking that there was an additional charge of $15.00 per night for car parking on the premises.

All in all a good place to stay and an easy stroll to Rundle mall

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Gordon H,

Thank you for taking the time to review Breakfree Adelaide on Tripadvisor.

I'm glad you had such a great time with the family and you were very pleased with the facilities.

Should you return to Adelaide in the future, I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

On the fringe of the CBD this little gem had all we needed - quiet, nice reception, roomy, comfy beds, big tv, comfy lounge, mini bar, sc kitchen and lovely and clean. At $285 for the 4 of us it was perfect, cheap under cover parking with restaurants and bar very close by.

Room Tip: 3rd floor was tucked up and away off the main drag so nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Amy N, General Manager at BreakFree Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Dear Kathleen,

We are really happy that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at Breakfree Adelaide!! And thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on Tripadvisor.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Breakfree Adelaide in the future.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

We stayed here for several weeks while my mother received treatment at near by RAH. The place was great. Although in the nightclub district you wouldn't know. You can't hear the noise. The apartments are self contained and have everything your need. The staff are brilliant. Any requests you have the staff go out of their way to accommodate. My mum sadly passed away while we were in Adelaide and the staff were so lovely and supportive during that terrible time for us. I can say hands down this is one of the best places I have stayed. Great location, great accommodation and fantastic staff.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Amy N, General Manager at BreakFree Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Dear Kirrly B

Thank you so much for you great review of Breakfree Adelaide!

My deepest condolences for the loss of your mother, I am glad we could go someway to make a terrible time slightly easier for you.

I very much look forward to welcoming you to Breakfree Adelaide in the future.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Stayed here for 1 night in February 2014 and was very impressed with the size of the room complete with full separate kitchen, the cleanliness and general appeal for the price we paid. The staff were also very courteous and helpful. It was a pleasure to stay and we will definitely be back again!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Amy N, General Manager at BreakFree Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Megan S

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvsor.

I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay at Breakfree Adelaide and look forward to welcoming you back in the future!