“Fantastic staff, good location.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of BreakFree Adelaide

BreakFree Adelaide
Ranked #18 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
“Fantastic staff, good location.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

We had 2 short stays in 2 bedroom apartments with the kids. Staff where more than helpful. Rooms are small but perfectly serviceable. Tram is only 150 metres away and runs every 10-15 min. A few short minutes to rundle mall. Well recommend a stay. Air con kept rooms nice temp.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank QTOWNFI
DARREN W, General Manager at BreakFree Adelaide, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit.
It's nice to read your comments regarding the Team, I will pass these on.
I am glad you found the tram convenient, it's a great way to traverse the CBD and make your way to Glenelg.
Darren

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Finnish first
uk vulcan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Agree with others that the location is a bit dodgy - especially further down the road. rooms were fine with good laundry facilities. comfortable beds and a good sleep. Staff are great.
But it gets very noisy outside especially on a Friday night.

Room Tip: get a room that does not overlook the road - you might find sleeping difficult
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tcauUkVulcan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

After reading a number of negative reviews I was unsure about staying here but as I was on a work trip and other colleagues were booked in I decided to take a chance.
I had done a little reading and requested an inner courtyard room as suggested by other reviewers. Upon arrival I was greeted by very friendly staff and directed to my room. I found it a little tricky to find where I was going but there were numerous signs and I found my way fairly easily.
The room, although on the smaller side, was perfectly fine for one person. I thought the card, hand written with my name on it, was a nice touch.
As the temp on the day I arrived was in the mid 40's I went straight for the air conditioner - the instructions were easy to follow.
Althought I didn't use them, the washer and drier would be handy for longer stays (although they did make the small bathroom area feel a little cramped).
I took advantage of the Indian meal room service offered by the testaurant beside the hotel and delivery was very quick, and the food delicious.
The one complaint I had was that one of the towels in the bathroom appeared to be stained. I had bought my own towel so it wasn't a problem but if I hadn't had my own I don't think I would have wanted to use it.
All in all the stay was a comfortable one and I would be happ to stay again....in fact I will be booking for my next trip in a months time

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank K T
Dear K T,
Thank you very much for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you on your return!
Joanne is our Reservations Manager and can be contacted at the property on 1800 882 601, please don't hesitate in asking for Jo to assist with your upcoming stay.
Best regards
Vancouver Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

Don't let the location at the tougher end of Hindley Street dissuade you from staying here. We had no problems, but were aware and careful when out in the evening. Apartments are clean, well-equipped, comfortable beds, nice patios (try to get an apartment on the inner courtyard for peace from the street). Free city transport, tram and bus, only one block away, makes shopping a breeze.

What distinguishes this hotel from so many is the hospitality and enthusiasm of the front desk. Reception staff can make or break your stay, and here, Parash and Robin really care how your trip is going. We had a problem with our credit card and its pin at a pub. To sort it out, Parash did everything possible to help us. He did this cheerfully, as if our problem was his problem.

We will be back next year, and wouldn't consider staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: Apartments on inner courtyard very quiet
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kel W
Dear Kel W,
Great to hear from you. Paresh, Robin and I remember you, we are very pleased to read your kind feedback.
If your travel plans see you return to South Australia once again, please dont hesitate to contact us, we would be happy to assist with a future reservation.
Best regards
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

We were upgraded to a 2 bedroom room. My brother and I are avid plane spotters and the room we had was great as we saw planes coming to the airport. We were at the Hindley St apartment. The free city bus was outside the hotel which we found a great help. Pretty much we were close to everywhere in the city. The reception people were very very pleasant. The only thing I found wrong was that our laundry/toilet had ants. The rest was very good. We were also told by reception that it was cheaper to get a taxi to the airport rather than an airport bus which the ladty was correct as we paid $4 cheaper.

Room Tip: If you are a plane spotter, ask for a 2 bedroom room closer to the pizza place, my brother and I lov...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank hawks_me
DARREN W, General Manager at BreakFree Adelaide, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Hatzina,
Thanks very much for your review, it's wonderful you found the hotel just the right fit for your pass time of plane spotting!
Adelaide CBD is just 15 minutes from the airport, so depending on the wind direction the planes come in just accross at North Adelaide.
We hope to see you next time!
Regards
Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed one night at Breakfree on Hindley, 255 Hindley St., same chain as Mantra hotels. Very pleasant and friendly desk clerk said he noticed I’d asked for a twin, and I said yes, because the travel agent told me the doubles were Queen, and we prefer a King. He said the studios are all queen, but he would see what he could do. He gave us a free upgrade to a 2-bedroom apartment with a queen and a twin room. Suite 128, on first floor, through a courtyard. Much smaller than the Mantra-on-Hay in Perth was, and sleeps 4 not 6, but again open-plan living area, full kitchen, and washer and drier in the shower room. Iron and ironing board in one of the wardrobes. Again, no safe. Crockery and cutlery for 4 persons. Fridge noisy at night, but constant like rain, not stopping and starting. Comfy bed, good thick mattress topper. Bus stop across the road for the free ‘99c’ CBD bus. Lady at Visitor Centre told us the next block to the Breakfree on Hindley is dangerous, but we walked up there the night before, and had no problems.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank eleanola
DARREN W, General Manager at BreakFree Adelaide, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Eleanola,
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us.
Your comments are appreciated. In addition to the Free Bus service you note, there is also a convenient Free Tram service that transits the CBD and then moves on to the beach destination of Glenelg, another nice spot to spend some time.
We hope to have the oportunity to welcome you back if your travel plans see you return to our city.
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. Staff were very helpful and curtious and they gave me a good deal. I paid a similar amount to what I was going to pay for an old run down backpackers across the road. I was not expecting them to so closely match my deal but luckily they had a special on their website that I nabbed just in time. Expecting a small room, I was upgraded to a two bedroom apartment with lots of space, it was lovely. They also have free wifi in the lobby along with free printing which I desperately needed to utilise so it was an awesome convenience. Staff are always happy to help!

Beds are comfy
Everything is clean
Mini bar is tempting
Everything you need to clean and iron
Sweet air con
Plenty of wardrobe space

Room Tip: The room I was in was perfect for me. I have a high tolorance for noisy cities (although this part o...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Ren H,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay.
It is indeed great to read your comments regarding the service provided.
I will pass your comments through to the Team.