“Probably the best Nasi Lemak in Adelaide!”
Review of KOPI TIM

KOPI TIM
Ranked #510 of 1,656 Restaurants in Adelaide
Cuisines: Malaysian
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Restaurant's just off the busy part of Gouger St so it's easier to get parking.
Only tried their Nasi Lemak. You get an option of having it with beef rendang or chicken curry. We had the beef rendang.
I must say that this is probably the best Nasi Lemak we've tasted in Adelaide.
The sambal had the right amount of spice and sweetness. Anchovies were crispy and they even had the vege pickle.
Did not hv anything else so I can't comment on the rest of the menu but I now know where to go to get my Nasi Lemak fix in Adelaide.

There are newer reviews for KOPI TIM

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Sure, the interior isn't great, but we were there for the food. I actually think it's kinda cool on the inside.

Anyway, last time we visited was quite a while back. I remember it not being too bad, but nothing special. I think they have changed hands now because the food is fantastic. We had hainan chicken, ayam kadazan, ipoh hor fun, special ribs and laksa. I strongly recommend the ribs and the ayam. Both are fantastic. They have great drinks too (incl. non alcoholic)

thanks guys!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Have been to Kopi Tim a few times. It is overall pretty alright food. The roti canai is nice with the chicken curry, but they serve it with laksa sauce? I didn't think that was quite authentic as I have been to Malaysia and have never seen this combination. Might have been a quick cheap fix.. Also the food is quite oily but still tastes good. Just watch the bill and what you order, $26 for sambal fish is not worth it.. Just a heads up.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We go here regularly when in Adelaide and I believe they provide the best nasi lemak this side of Kuala Lumpur. Went again a few days ago to find the place repainted and with a shorter menu. The nasi lemak is even better and I understand the menu will be lengthened again when the kitchen refurbishments are complete. Service is much faster than it was!

Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

I go there regularly before I had the MSG poison incident. Great value for lunch but will never go back nor recommend this place as a family restaurant.