“Regatta review”

RBar Regattas
Ranked #415 of 1,659 Restaurants in Adelaide
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: For the best view in town look no further than the newly relaunched Regattas Bar (now popularly known as the RBar). A casual riverside destination, the RBar offers local wines, beers and seasonal produce in a pleasant indoor/outdoor setting with unparalleled sweeping views over the stunning River Torrens. A carefully selected menu means there’s something for everyone with dishes ranging from pub classics such as beer battered fish & chips and schnitzels to freshly handmade pizzas and open grills, all utilising simple flavours with minimal fuss. An ever changing modern wine and drinks list provides a taste of diversity from the best of the State’s regions and production styles.
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We were very excited to be going to a fringe show followed by a meal at regatta's bistro on nth terrace in adelaide. However we were very disappointed! The service was great, all the staff were attentive and helpful, but all 3 meals we ordered were below standard. Even the staff seemed embarrassed about the food because they were continually asking if it was ok. The prawn fettuccine, was bland and quite a small serve surprising us all. I had Moroccan chicken on couscous, and would never normally not finish a meal, but it just was not enjoyable. The room was overfilled with people, loud and with no atmosphere! I hope this feedback gets back as they will lose patrons if there is no improvement soon!

There are newer reviews for RBar Regattas

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Taken to this restaurant today by a business colleague so I was his guest and I couldn't really complain. My fish was insufficiently cooked and the service was pretty ordinary. I was given my host's drink and he was given mine which only after a taste did we work that out. It reminded me of a quite good 'try hard" motel in a regional area which given the prime Adelaide CBD location is just not good enough.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have previously dined at Regattas when it was a full scale restaurant of a high standard. It is now located in a building that has a bar at one end and a food service at the other. The service was brisk, but the food did not meet expectations. We were in a party of 4, and 3 of us ordered fillet steak. We asked how we liked the steak to be cooked, and nobody received what they wanted; they were all well done and no one had requested that. The salad was served in a bowl with no dressing. There seems to be a clash between the busy bar and the food area. The location is good, on the riverside. We enjoyed that setting but the food was a big let down. I may well go there again for a drink, but would not go there again for a meal.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Although in a great location the actual overall experience was quite poor and disappointing. I am terribly disappointed that they have replaced the old restaurant with this Bistro style offering. The physical layout of space is very poor - everone is jammed in at the back, the noise levels are quite disconcerting and not conducive to an enjoable conversation across the table. The food was disappointing and very expensive - for the price I would have expected a full meal service and not just cafe style eating. I had fish - it was one of the worst fish dishes i have ever experienced whilst eating out. Will not return unfortunately - this is a great location and one of the only ones on the River Torrens and why we can't make more of it I am left wondering - is it that hard???

Reviewed January 11, 2013

We had dinner here prior to a show at the Festival Theatre next door - service was excellent as we were asked if we had time constraints, and they delivered in good time for us to make the show.
Mezze platter was good, and the antipasto platters delivered to other tables looked tempting, however the main course and dessert let the whole dining experience down.
Prawn and crab fettucine lacked flavour (salt?) and the summer pudding looked great on its tile platter, but it hadn't been refrigerated and it needed to be colder for a hot evening.
All in all a disappointing experience.