“Greek superiority” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Greek On Halifax

The Greek On Halifax
Ranked #65 of 1,609 Restaurants in Adelaide
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Adelaide
“Greek superiority”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

The best Greek restaurant in Adelaide with a great formula in providing traditional & contemporary Greek style food
Although a busy restaurant the helpful are staff keen to provide advice in food and beverages.
Booking is a must especially toward the end of the week
Safe bet is to try the specials on offer for a real Greek tasting experience OR a platter – which I prefer the combination or seafood/meat HUGE!
Unfortunately no BYO but a good range of local interstate & O/S wines
Tried and tested for a successful night out – always being a great experience

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank PaulGAdelaide

Cairns, Australia
“Poor from start to finish”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

I left this restaurant following a mid-week dinner disappointed. I had booked a table, although on arrival at the restaurant we had to wait a few minutes to be acknowledged and then seated. The entire wait staff appeared young and inexperienced. We ordered a dip platter to start and it never arrived. After 30 minutes we told the waitress and she informed us that it had been overlooked and that our main was almost ready. We told her to forget it and she offered us complimentary coffee for after our meal.

The main meal was average at best. The presentation of my dish was sloppy and unappetising. My partner ordered the quail which was pretty good and an easy highlight of a truly underwhelming meal. We declined the coffee and were offered a complimentary dessert to take home. After asking for the bill, the waitress took a long time to collect my credit card and we ended up walking to the desk to pay it so we could leave.

There are a lot of restaurants in Adelaide that all cost pretty much the same. Although other reviews recommend this place, it would be my advice to avoid it.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sismith17
Adelaide, Australia
“Great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Good quality food for reasonable prices. We had the meat platter and a few meze selections to share! Only down side was 4 adults squeezed on a small table with a lot of food!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Brisbane, Australia
“Really liked it totally can recommend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

It was a lovely sunny but crisply cool day so we chose to eat indoors and were placed in a nice sunny aspect window table. The hostess was just marvellous - so welcoming. I had the veggie moussaka and it was delicious though I couldnt finish it all. My dining companion had some seafood skewers that looked really nice. I think what I liked about this place was the ambience and the service. I couldn't fault it

Adelaide, Australia
“Great food, great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

We had a Saturday lunch here this week, and found the food delicious, well-priced, and a cosy atmosphere. Staff were friendly and helpful. Will definitely go back.

• Visited June 2013