As per last rshah21's review, service was not up to scratch for what claims to be a 6 star resort.
Here's what we put on the hotel feedback form:
"Disappointing. Poor attention to detail
Examples are numerous, including -
(1) Unable to take a bath because of missing bath plug.
(2) No bottle opener in room - would expect there to be a checklist of required items (ticked off) before check-in.
(3) Dinner took an hour an a half to be served - no apologies for delay + food was cold.
(4) Cleaning items were left in the room after service
(5) Incorrect charges to room account - assigned without any signature.
(6) Incorrect transfer and luggage collection times.
(7) Poor room service menu.
I would like to hear from you regarding the above. Thanks.
* For balance, would say that all issues were promptly seen to. However, the issues should not have arisen in the first place.
This is the first time I've given negative feedback for a 5* hotel. The fact I chose Qualia for my honeymoon makes this even more disappointing."
Despite the fact that we asked specifically to be contacted to discuss our comments, 3 weeks on we are still waiting for Qualia to make contact.
Finally I would add that as other reviews state, the resort is stunning, as is the location, but for the price this hotel charges, you expect service to be perfect too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the Whitsundays, qualia puts the wonders of the Great Barrier Reef right on your doorstep. Its sun-drenched northern aspect provides the ideal location to appreciate the passing beauty of each day, surrounding guests with some of the most stunning and spectacular waters to be found anywhere in the world. What’s more, with a direct flight taking only 2-3 hours from international gateway cities on Australia’s east coast, qualia truly is a world-class destination without the journey.qualia offers a choice of 60 individual pavilions, each with breathtaking views. There are spacious one-bedroom freestanding pavilions (Windward and Leeward) that provide an indulgentspace to relax in and unwind, with either a sundeck or private infinity edge plunge pool. Or, there’s the uncompromising luxury and privacy of the Beach House with its own guest pavilion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Qualia Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Qualia Hamilton Island
- Qualia Hotel Hamilton Island