“Amazing.”
Review of Qualia Resort

Qualia Resort
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Hamilton Island
Reviewed May 23, 2014

An amazing and beautiful place. Everything is done to perfection. Great views all the facilities the rooms and service is all fantastic. Dining at long pavilion was fantastic and an amazing view with great service. Will definetly be back and stay longer next time.

Room Tip: Room with your own plunge pool. It's beautiful.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Qualia Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear Selbo1912,

Thank you for your generous review here on TripAdvisor. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and as always – I am very proud of my team and the level of service they so enthusiastically seek to provide each day.

I hope we might be able to welcome you back to qualia again in future. DO let me know if I can assist with any enquiry. gm@qualia.com.au.

Hamilton Island

There are newer reviews for Qualia Resort

Reviewed May 22, 2014

My stay at qualia was nothing short of amazing. The resort is spectacular, the views are stunning, the staff are beyond wonderful and the food was great. Nothing is ever too much trouble for them, and the personalised, movie-star treatment makes anybody feel special. Thank you qualia. I will definitely return!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear Taffy Y,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review and I must say what a pleasure it was having you stay with us.

I am touched to learn how you enjoyed your stay and that the team were able to make your holiday such an incredible experience.

I will proudly pass on your comments.

We certainly do hope you can visit us again. If there is anything I might be able to do to assist in this respect, please do make contact with me directly on gm@qualia.com.au.

Hamilton Island

Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Wow! Our expectations were certainly exceeded! Every single moment of our stay was perfect & certainly well worth the cost. Not a single suggestion or complaint. Everything has already been though of. No other holiday will ever be able to compare! Qualia has the best of everything! We will be back :-)

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tara F

Dear Tara F,

Please accept my thanks for writing such a kind and favourable review of your recent stay.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that your qualia experience exceeded your expectations. Incomparable is what we aspire to...

I hope to welcome you again back in the not too distant future, and please do not hesitate to contact me personally should you wish to organise anything in advance - gm@qualia.com.au.

Warm regards,

Reviewed May 21, 2014

We are constantly travelling with our work and are lucky enough to experience luxury hotels on a regular basis. Given that we are based in Qld, we were hoping to find a local gem and going off the reviews I thought we had found exactly that. Unfortunately Qualia is not the gem it's portrayed as.

Positives-

Location
Nice Rooms
Nice Dinners (Long Pavillion)
Front Office Staff Professional

Negatives-

Probably the worst Housekeeping I have ever come across, rubbish left in the rooms we had ants crawling in our leftover food, empty vanity packets not refilled not to mention the attitude of the house keepers.

The Spa is meant to be the best in Australia, the staff were lovely but it was average given the title, they gave us the wrong treatment on our first day and there were cups and mess left behind from the past guests.

Room Service was cold and not enjoyable considering you pay $38 for a cooked sandwich you would expect it to be at least warm! The girl was in a hurry and quite flustered.

It gives you the impression that it had just opened and the staff haven't had clear instructions on how to do their job.

This hotel is so far from on par with the best in the world I am actually a little embarrassed as international guests who have stayed in these leading hotels would be shocked given the price you pay and the service and quality you get in return at Qualia. I was hoping it would be so much more :(

• Stayed: May 2014
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Qualia Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Dear Leigh66_13,

Thank you for offering your review of your recent stay at qualia.

Suffice to say, it made for unhappy reading and I am so disappointed for you that we appear to have missed the mark in a number of key areas during your stay. The ants that you refer to can on occasion be an issue at this time of year. While we undertake the usual remedial controls to mitigate their presence, our pavilions are set sympathetically into the natural landscape and occasionally the small sugar ants do migrate owing to wet weather and their nests being disrupted and especially if there is an opportunity of food to be consumed.

I am naturally much more concerned by the quality of the housekeeping as you experienced and moreover, of the poor attitude displayed by members of my housekeeping team. This is most uncharacteristic and I will be looking to address this with my team as a matter of considerable urgency.

Any new members in our food and beverage team spend some time early on in learning our room service procedures. I speculate that your delivery may have been made by a less experienced staff member and I do apologise that your offerings did not arrive at the optimal temperature. Notwithstanding the distances involved in delivering room service around our 30 acre resort; we do have the wherewithal and equipment to ensure room service attendants can deliver cuisine of a high quality and temperature. Again, I shall be reviewing this carefully with my Food and Beverage Manager.

I would be sincerely grateful if you might take the trouble at making contact with me directly on gm@qualia.com.au so I might apologise in person as we were not aware of any issues during your stay. I further wish to learn of your experiences in the spa so we can seek to improve.

Once more, I offer my sincere apologies that you felt your stay at qualia was anything less than perfect.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

PROS:
- As soon as you set foot on this property, time stops moving. This is what heaven must look like. Qualia is probably one of the best hotels/resorts on earth.
- Service is world class. You'll get picked up in a VIP van, complimentary bottle of champagne awaits at your room etc. The staff really goes out of their way to make your stay pleasant, nothing is too much to ask for (tours, dropoffs etc.). A nice touch is also that, upon arrival at HI, you walk straight from the airplane to the VIP van; qualia waits for your luggage at the belt. All staff seem like genuinely nice people.
- Views. I honestly could spend hours/days just looking at the view from out of the lobby and the view out of the room. Bliss.
- Rooms. Just wow.. this is the reason you want to stay at this hotel. The rooms are very spacious and cleverly designed, you have clear ocean views out of every room in your villa. The private pool is a big plus (though the main pool is definitely worth visiting as well!). I would definitely recommend to book the villa with private pool, it is worth the extra money.
- Food. In general all food on the island is very good (owned by the same company, hotel staff serving in every restaurant = class), but the food at the qualia is definitely top notch.

CONS:
- Absolutely none.

TIP (for couples): Ask them to organize a private beach drop-off picknick. This is perfect for a special occasion or to just spend a lovely afternoon together.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Qualia Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2014

Dear Luuk87,

Thank you for taking the time out to offer your review of your recent stay at qualia.

I must admit to some trepidation when a review starts with a list of Pros in that I would also encounter a list of Cons as I scrolled lower. I am therefore delighted that this is not the case and you had such a fantastic experience staying with us!

While qualia’s location is sublime and the guest pavilions understated in their elegance; I too believe that it is our team of genuinely nice people that underscores our approach to uniquely Australian intuitive service. I would hope that the fact that we love what we do an where we do it shines through!

I hope we might welcome you back to qualia in future and if I might assist in this regard, please do not hesitate to contact me personally on gm@qualia.com.au.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

qualia is an excellent resort - great location, rooms, facilities and service - without doubt one of the best in Australia. We really enjoyed our stay and would recommend it for a romantic getaway or a stress-free luxury break. The only negative is the very heavy cost of food onsite and the limited menus, which lack variety (for example no Asian dishes or pasta) and different price points (it's all seriously expensive - cheapest dish at dinner $39 for a 'small plate'). However, we enjoyed all the meals we ate there and the wine list is excellent.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear TruMarc,

I was most pleased to read your review – thank you sincerely for taking the time to post this and share your experience. I do take heed of your comment in respect to the varied selection and of choice on our menus within qualia and thank you for this feedback. I hope we might welcome you back to qualia in future.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Amazing service, great room, very private...the helipad was a must as you can go on tours straight from hotel and back...
Experience delightful!!! I went with my husband, he surprised in his choice...I' m used to stay in quite nice hotels...but this one...the best!!!
Highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Qualia Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Dear Roberta F,

Please accept my sincere thanks for your succinct yet flattering commentary following your stay with us here at qualia!

The qualia team work very hard to provide a level of service and care to all our guests and our helipad on property adds an element of supreme convenience and sublime luxury to any excursion to the Reef or Whitehaven Beach.

Thank you again for your kind recommendation – I hope that we might again welcome you back in the future!.

Warm regards,

Coral Point Lodge
Coral Point Lodge
#1 of 1 in Shute Harbour
Heart Hotel and Gallery Whitsundays

Been to Qualia Resort? Share your experiences!