“Beautiful one day, Perfect the next!”
Review of Qualia Resort

Qualia Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Hamilton Island
Reviewed February 25, 2014

As soon as the gates close behind you, you can be forgiven for thinking that you have entered another dimension. Peace and tranquility are the order of the day. The service is impeccable, the staff cannot do enough for you, always very attentive, without being overbearing.
The Spa Centre is beautiful. My husband & I enjoyed a Wine Indulgent Couples Massage/Spa Treatment, which was out of this world.
The fully equipped gymnasium was great to use after the magnificent breakfasts.
We had previously enjoyed The Beach Club when visiting Hamilton Is., but Qualia has really spoilt us now for ever returning to Beach Club.

Room Tip: The rooms (pavillions) are all good, but if you want your own plunge pool, choose a windward side pa...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hamilton I, General Manager at Qualia Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2015

Dear RAP1608,

What a pleasure it was having you stay with us. I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your qualia experience & were certainly able to make the most of what we have on offer.

I myself have been privileged enough to “endure” the same treatment & I can only say that your description – “Out Of This World” is about as close to how I could describe it, Just incredible – I am very proud of our team at Spa qualia.

“Beautiful one day, Perfect the next” – has always been one of my favourite sayings and I do hope you can visit us again soon.

Warmest Regards.

Hamilton Island

Write a ReviewReviews (1,378)

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We had a fantastic 5 nights at Qualia at the end of a 5 week trip to Australia and NZ. It was the perfect end to the trip - abject luxury: fantastic accommodation; excellent food and drink on and off site; staff who can't do enough to help; beautiful scenery and the opportunity to explore the area by boat and plane. It starts as soon as you arrive on the island and keeps going until you (regretfully) leave.

Room Tip: We had a leeward pavilion, right down by the water and were visited by the sulphur crested cockatoos...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Qualia Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Dear Eyelashtravels,

Thank you for not only staying with us but also your review.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to cap off what I’m sure was an incredible trip.

Despite the travel time, we certainly do hope you can visit us again and if there is anything I can do in this respect - please don’t hesitate to contact me personally on gm@qualia.com.au

Kind regards,

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Just spent our 25th wedding anniversary at Qualia. It was a complete delight from start to finish. Is there a more beautiful place to stay in the whole of Australia? I doubt it! Service was great...friendly and professional, fast and obliging. Discreet room service available at a convenient time was also appreciated. Accommodation is simply superb. We had a Windward Pavilion with a plunge pool and spent many peaceful moments swimming and watching the passing scenery...boats, yachts, birds diving for fish, current changes in the water. Lovely Aesop toiletries in the bathroom, dreamy white bed, plentiful towels, free of charge soft drinks in the fridge.We used the private beach drop service on the day of our anniversary and sat by the beautiful turquoise water on our own private beach and feasted on prawns and smoked salmon, fresh fruit, and champagne! Later that evening we took a sunset cruise with the awesome Steve who was full of interesting tales! The breakfasts were delicious..loved the starter plate of fruit, mini smoothies and granola bars every morning, and the eggs benedict, blueberry and ricotta pancakes and omelettes!! A real treat is the hot seafood platter from the Pebble Beach Restaurant...a feast for the tastebuds! We were also surprised with a lovely plate of chocolates and Happy Anniversary written in chocolate delivered to our room. Lush tropical gardens make every turn of the road a delight..in your own golf buggy too! Just loved it all so much. Expensive...but MAGIC and so worth it!

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Hamilton island is paradise on earth. Everything in the island is just in proximity. Qualia is located in one end of the island. Hotel staff is Helpful. Right from our arrival at the airport to our departure, the service was amazing. The leeward pavilion was very comfortable with attention given to every small details also. Washrooms are big and clean. A la carte breakfast was really good and the chefs did everything to cater to our needs. The use of the complimentary golf buggy was well suited for getting around the island. However owing to the big size of the resort, we felt that room services such as delivery of our cruise tickets etc were a bit slow but it didn't disrupt our schedule. Overall an unforgettable experience.

Room Tip: Windward pavillions are better if you want your private pool.
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

We just returned from a memorable trip at the Whitsundays which we wrapped up with a few nights at Qualia. My plan was to propose to my now fiancé whilst we were sailing however a day before our stay at Qualia I decided with the help of Penny from guest services that I would propose in Windward pavilion 4. Penny organized the most beautiful arrangement of flowers with a plate which was prepared by the chefs with a specially made Creme brûlée and "will you marry me?" written in chocolate. With the combination of the perfect pavilion, exceptional service and an unforgettable engagement, Qualia is simply luxurious bliss and forever in out hearts. Thank you Qualia and especially Penny.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Qualia Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear Ravi N,

What a delight to have you stay with us and I thank you for your review!

To allow us to assist in such an important occasion is an absolute honour and we were only too happy to help.

I am really very proud to read that our Guest Services Host Penny was able to go above and beyond for you - leaving only the most difficult part of any proposal down to you.

May I offer my most sincere congratulations and thank you again. I will proudly share your feedback with Penny and our team.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me personally should you wish to organise that all important Honeymoon!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Like many others I have found this resort a bit like I imagine paradise. Lushness and tranquility and nothing to do when it rains. Which it has done consistently the four days we have stayed. Unfortunately the management cannot do anything about the weather. Do not be put off by the gates which are reminiscent of Jurassic Park! They are not to keep you in nor dinosaurs out. However they do add to the exclusivity of the resort.
On arrival we were met royally. Manager, Deputy Manage and our personal check in accompanied by champagne. We found it overpowering to be told what was on offer all within ten minutes of arriving. Sadly we were not contacted again to see if we had thought about any tours. We did go on a seaplane to Whitehaven beach (which we booked in the UK) and the reef but take plenty of insect repellent. The sand flies are vicious. Found the food good but a tad on the expensive side. We stayed in a Leeward Pavilion which was spacious and well serviced. All soft drinks in the mini bar are complimentary. A first for us. Didn't even get that at the Dorchester or Ritz!. Complimentary sun screen, iced water and ice creams around the pool a nice touch.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

This place is amazing - the staff are friendly, food is phenomenal at both restaurants, surroundings are spectacular. Elle the waitress was so friendly, knowledgable and approachable. James the sommelier matched wines perfectly for every meal and was a wealth of information, Nick the manager was always there with a smile on his face, Stephen who we went on a walk with and then did some private one on one training with out of his own time. Damien at Wumurdaylin Spa who gave me the best massage I have ever had - so much so I went twice. We stayed in both the Windward and Leeward Pavilions and you definitely get what you pay for in a Windward you don't ever want to leave. This place is what Heaven will be like.

Room Tip: Any room is fantastic - the Windward is more expensive but worth it
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamilton Island
at Marina Shores
at Marina Shores
#6 of 10 in Airlie Beach
Heart Hotel and Gallery Whitsundays

Been to Qualia Resort? Share your experiences!