We've just returned from four nights at beautiful Qualia and aside from the awful weather, our experience was almost perfect. From the moment you arrive at the airport to the moment you are dropped off, you feel very taken care of - the friendliness and efficiency of the staff is top notch. We stayed in a windward pavilion which was GORGEOUS - the most luxurious accommodation I've found so far in Australia. The design, decor and facilities throughout the resort are faultless - every need is anticipated.
The resort is laid out in such a way that it seems incredibly quiet, almost deserted (despite it being at almost 100% occupancy while we were there). Even the main resort areas - particularly the Long Pavilion - seemed quite empty most of the time. The downside of this is that there is no beating heart to the place - if you are looking for a bustling restaurant or a bar with more than one or two people in it talking above a hushed murmur, this is not the place for you!
The food was very nice but expensive ($38 for a club sandwich for example) - no surprises here, if you stay in a high-end resort it's what you expect.
A couple of minor areas for improvement:
- the room service menu is quite limited and is not 24 hour
- limited dining options: pebble beach restaurant is only open in the evening on selected nights (1 night of of the 4 we were there) and essentially the same menu is offered everywhere - pool, pebble beach, room service - and the same grill menu in pebble beach and long pavilion restaurants
- no free nibbles at the bar: paying over $20 per cocktail, you would expect some complimentary bar snacks (we asked for some nuts and were given some lovely warm macadamia nuts but we were charged $8)
Having said that, these are minor quibbles and barely detract from the overall experience, which was divine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the Whitsundays, qualia puts the wonders of the Great Barrier Reef right on your doorstep. Its sun-drenched northern aspect provides the ideal location to appreciate the passing beauty of each day, surrounding guests with some of the most stunning and spectacular waters to be found anywhere in the world. What’s more, with a direct flight taking only 2-3 hours from international gateway cities on Australia’s east coast, qualia truly is a world-class destination without the journey.qualia offers a choice of 60 individual pavilions, each with breathtaking views. There are spacious one-bedroom freestanding pavilions (Windward and Leeward) that provide an indulgentspace to relax in and unwind, with either a sundeck or private infinity edge plunge pool. Or, there’s the uncompromising luxury and privacy of the Beach House with its own guest pavilion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Qualia Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Qualia Hamilton Island
- Qualia Hotel Hamilton Island