“Amazing, we found paradise!”
Review of Qualia Resort

Qualia Resort
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Hamilton Island
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for our honeymoon and also our last week in Australia before returning to the UK after 2 years in Australia. The resort is in fantastic and the location/scenery is out of this world, it really felt like being in paradise. The staff are incredibly friendly and very welcoming, wherever you on the resort. We dined at both restaurants and thought the food was great and nice to have the more relaxed option at pebble beach versus the long pavillion fine dining. We did however eat off the resort as often as on it which we enjoyed too, as well as utilising the free drop-offs and collection taxi service. The Spa was also amazing, my wife said its the best she's ever been to. We did the sunset cruise and also the boat charter out to Whitehaven both run by the resort and they were both very special, Simon the waterpsports manager was great at hosting those. Truly an amazing trip we will never forget, too much to write in this space...

Room Tip: We stayed in the windward pavillion and were not disappointed, some have a lot better views than oth...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank adamj_bl
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Qualia Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Dear adamj_bl,

I really enjoyed this review that you wrote on Tripadvisor and I’d like to thank you for sharing your thoughts with all of the readers.

You obviously had a brilliant time during your honeymoon and I'm very happy that you chose to stay at qualia for it before you headed back to the UK.

I’m glad that you and your wife enjoyed Spa qualia and I will make sure to mention to the girls working there what your wife said. I know it’s not the first time someone has said that but it’s always appreciated!

I’ll also see Simon around the resort sometime today so I will pass on your thanks to him as well and I know he’ll want me to thank you for your kind comments.

It’s always an honour when honeymooners stay with us and I want you to know that we really appreciate the chance to be a part of making your honeymoon perfect and unforgettable. Despite the distance, we all hope that you’ll make it a tradition to come back to qualia and relive your honeymoon.

Best wishes for your future together from everyone here at qualia!

There are newer reviews for Qualia Resort

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We loved it, would recommend it to couples and would stay again at the first opportunity. It’s an indulgent experience and if you’re lucky enough to go you will enjoy the luxury, peace and incredible service and hospitality. Worrying about value for money is quite irrelevant here. You will remember your stay for years after you’ve forgotten the cost. It rained a little during our stay and so we had fun going down to the lovely resort pool in our golf buggy to swim in the warm rain and when we’d done that we went back and bathed in our own infinity pool. It’s very easy to have a good time here, if you want to. Our hillside bungalow was huge (for two) spotlessly clean and very well designed and furnished. It was private and yet had wonderful open views through the glass front of the building. We ate at Qualia and thoroughly enjoyed the food and service. We loved the Long Pavilion and all the resort architecture. The managers and staff went out of their way to be hospitable and accessible. We had a fascinating seaplane trip to Whitehaven beach for a stroll and a picnic and a relaxing evening cruise on the Qualia launch. I commend it all to you. Well done Qualia. Top Fun!

Room Tip: Any room with a private infinity pool will be heaven!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank William G
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Qualia Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Dear William G,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on qualia. Your description was so detailed and illustrative that I think other readers will find it very helpful and my staff and I obviously appreciate your kind words.

I love the fact that you saw the brief period of rain as an opportunity to go for a swim in the pool! I think that finding fun in those unexpected twists and turns that life throws us is important if you want to be happy and I’m sure your attitude has helped you succeed in life.

If you (or your friends and family) are interested in staying with us again, please feel free to email me and I will assist with your booking in any way I can. You can contact me on mshah@qualia.com

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We've stayed in beautiful Qualia long weekend for 4 days in 2013. The property is very beautiful, villa is very clean and well-maintained. One of the most friendly staff! The cons is SPA service: expensive, VERY friendly, but certainly need more training for this price. As well as beach restaurant: limited menu if you don't eat meat, slightly slow service sometimes (but VERY friendly again). If you don't drive, there is a chellenge: have to wait&ask the buggy every time you need. Overall, very good!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank alexzhdanov
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Qualia Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear alexzhdanov,

Thank you for your feedback on qualia.

I’m very happy to hear that you were impressed with the property and that you found my staff so friendly. We sometimes have to stop to remind ourselves how lucky we are to be working in one of the most amazing locations in the world with some of the nicest people in the world!

I'm sorry that you weren't totally happy with your spa experience. It is very unusual to have any adverse feedback and spa has won best in Australia 2 years running but I've taken note of your feedback.

All of the pavilions come with their own golf cart for you to drive yourself around but if you don’t drive, there will always be a qualia staff member around to chauffeur you wherever you’d like to go.

Thank you for staying with us over the long weekend and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I spent a relaxation holiday on my own and this prooved to be the best choice. Very calm atmosphere, good SPA quality, extreemely welcome personnel, outstanding location and very premium facilities. Thought prices for services, restaurants and other are high.

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear RaimondsDuda,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at qualia. I’m happy to hear that you were able to relax and unwind at qualia and I trust that your batteries are back to full capacity after your break.

My staff and I enjoyed having you stay with us and I hope to see you again for another relaxation holiday very soon.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

We started our 18 day trip with 4 nights on hamilton island. Qualia was a real experience...one guy owns the whole island and as a result you feel like the whole place is yours. We never had to carry cash, as we were able to room charge anywhere on the island. We were able to see some amazing beaches and sights. I bet every room had an excellent view, but we were convinced we had the best, hut 14!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Shane K,

I’m honoured that you chose to spend part of your honeymoon/trip around Australia with us at qualia. Thank you.

Thank you also for your 5 star review of your stay with us. Many of our guests are here for their honeymoon and it’s really heartening to know that we are a part of the memories that these newlyweds will have forever.

You’re right to bet that every pavilion at qualia has an excellent view. Each pavilion has a beautiful, unique view and were also deliberately designed and positioned to maximise privacy (a very important consideration for newlyweds!).

It was a pleasure to have you both stay with us and I hope that you will make the trip back to qualia someday soon to relive your honeymoon memories.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We spent three nights in Qualia, arriving on 2013 New Year's Eve.
Premise: this is probably the best resort I've ever been to in my whole life.

We were staying in a "standard" room, which was however 90sqm and enjoyed absolute privacy and separation from other villas.

Service level is outstanding, still without being too invasive. Views over the Whitsundays are stunning from all over the place, and especially from the Long Pavillion.

If I have to find just two things below total perfection, these would be the F&B service around the pool area (which is slightly slow and not up to par to that of the rest of the resort), and the breakfast concept, which is 100% a-la-carte instead of buffet (this meaning that waiting times can be sometimes pretty long and that getting even an easy thing such as a choco-croissant may become tricky to get, although you get everything hand-made at the moment with an outstanding quality).

However, a must-try experience, coupled with the beauty of the Whitsundays which are a must-go as well.

I strongly recommend to go for the Gourmet option (as we did), as this enables to enjoy resort's outstanding food quality and variety at the maximum.

Finally, the resort is indeed quite pricey, but still you get an experience worth the price you pay.

Thanks to Michael Shah (resort's GM) who continuosly took care about us and our satisfaction, you're doing a great job!

Room Tip: The "basic" room would already be better than 90% of the rooms you've experienced in y...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Qualia Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear emacos1,

It was a pleasure hosting you over the New Years Eve period. It was a very busy but very fun and special time to be at qualia and so I’m glad you enjoyed yourself!

We have recently made some changes to our F&B offering in the pool area that we are still perfecting. I’ve discussed your comments with the F&B Manager and we've agreed to keep a close eye on the pool area over the next few weeks. My apologies if you were inconvenienced at all.

I note your comments on breakfast and do apologise if there was a wait. I do just want to clarify that there is a buffet serving a continental selection including pastries, croissants, cereals, breads and cheeses. Maybe your favourite chocolate croissant wasn't on the buffet that day, and we had to bring some from the kitchen specially? I'd also add that we do provide a fruit salad and yoghurt plate for each guest when they are first seated so that guests have options immediately available if they are in a rush.

My staff and I really do appreciate it when guests such as yourself let us know what they thought of their stay with us. If there are things we can improve on, we welcome it because it helps us to constantly think about the guest experience. On the other hand, if the feedback is all positive, we all get a sense of accomplishment and pride in our work. So I’m being very sincere when I say that we appreciate and read all of the feedback given to us by our guests.

I am looking forward to having you stay with us again soon. You already have my contact details, so whenever you feel the need to come back and unwind at qualia, simply send me an email and I will help to organise your next stay.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed January 4, 2013

2011 we spent five nights in Qualia with 22 friends. Qualia does not accept small children so 2012 we took our family of 12 comprising our adult children, spouses and four grandchildren back to Hamilton and stayed a week in two x four bedroom Yacht Club Villas. These villas are equally as expensive as Qualia, they are also luxurious, spacious and their location is the best on the island with private pool, proximity to Bommie Restaurant and a five minute stroll to the majority of restaurants, the marina, short buggy ride to The Clownfish Club, main hotel pool and Catseye Beach. Qualia is not for crowds of friends who can be rowdy when celebrating or a large family with small children; strictly for couples or privacy seeking celebrities in a secluded setting. The pool at Qualia is stunning, Pebble Beach restaurant is located beside a very private beach with views to forever and back. Long Pavillion is bright, open and also has stunning views with a great bar. There are two types of villas, go for the one with private plunge pool, the view is better.
I can understand JPG's frustration regarding restaurant availability. We too have suffered this dilemma on previous holidays so this visit I started making restaurant reservations months, 3 months, in advance because we were seeking a table for 12!
Hamilton Island has it all and I can't recommend it highly enough. Don't miss the shooting gallery or go-kart track and, October is a beautiful time of year to visit.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ontheroadsince73

Dear ontheroadsince1973,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on qualia with everyone.

If guests have a large restaurant reservation such as your dinner for 12, it’s a good idea to book ahead but 3 months isn’t necessary. Also, our concierge is happy to make suggestions and organise bookings on your behalf.

I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at qualia in 2011 and I hope that everyone in your family will be over 16 soon so that you’re all able to come here and stay with us again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamilton Island
Coral Point Lodge
Coral Point Lodge
#1 of 1 in Shute Harbour
Heart Hotel and Gallery Whitsundays

Been to Qualia Resort? Share your experiences!