Having read some of the recent reviews, I must say our experience was fairly similar.
Service throughout the island was great - everyone's friendly and keen to help. However there was one particular male receptionist who kept giving us wrong/ incomplete information, or just didn't inform us of important things! (like how our breakfast was included in our accommodation package). we soon realised to go to someone else for information.
Location was great - Takes us only 10 mins' walk to get to the hotel from the marina; but I must say it can be a pretty steep walk! Bus shuttles are frequent, but there are always loads of people waiting during "peak times" (before/after dinner). We didn't need a buggy - we walked almost everywhere, and shuttled rest of the time.
Room was massive - 2 Queen-sized beds, with fantastic views! I would say the view was by far the best thing about the hotel - we were upgraded to the Coral Sea view room and it was awesome. Bathrooms, like mentioned in other posts, looked old-ish, but were clean.
Breakfast really wasn't too bad. Nothing to shout about, but it was definitely alright.
The pool was okay, but we ended up going to the Main Resort Centre pool 'cos it was just more picturesque - it was only less than 5 mins walk so it's not too bad.
You obviously cannot compare the hotel with the Yacht Club or the Beach Club, or "other hotels elsewhere for that price range", considering this is probably one of the (if not the) cheapest options on HI, we were very satisfied with what we got.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Reef View Hotel features 364 extremely spacious, well-appointed rooms all with private balconies overlooking either landscaped gardens or the breathtaking vista of the Coral Sea. The upper-most floors boast 18 luxuriously appointed suites. All rooms face the sea complete with outdoor furniture to experience the spectacular sunrises and sunsets. Additional Reef View Hotel facilities include the Pool Terrace restaurant, Reef Lounge bar and Tour Desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Sabre Hospitality Solutions and Travelocity so you can book your Reef View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Reef View
- Reef View Hamilton Island
- Reef View Hotel Hamilton Island