Dirty floor, mouldy bed bases, glasses with cobwebs - at a 4 star hotel!
Great views but not great beds - I haven't slept on a plastic covered mattress before and I don't want to again.
The hotel itself has terrible food and the other restaurants on the island are overpriced and offer sub-standard meals.
Hotel is undergoing renovations for the next 2 years - jackhammering was also an unpleasant surprise this holiday.
Never, ever again Hamilton Island!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Reef View Hotel features 364 extremely spacious, well-appointed rooms all with private balconies overlooking either landscaped gardens or the breathtaking vista of the Coral Sea. The upper-most floors boast 18 luxuriously appointed suites. All rooms face the sea complete with outdoor furniture to experience the spectacular sunrises and sunsets. Additional Reef View Hotel facilities include the Pool Terrace restaurant, Reef Lounge bar and Tour Desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Agoda, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Reef View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Reef View
- Reef View Hamilton Island
- Reef View Hotel Hamilton Island