I stayed here with my wife and 1 year old daughter for two nights in November 2009.
I'll start with the good things - the room was very large (two double beds + table and chairs and an arm chair + a huge balcony) and has obviously been renovated in the last few years. We were on the 7th floor and had a great view out to Whitsunday Island.
Now, on to the things that were substandard (particularly when you are paying about $300 a night):
* The floors were very dirty. You notice this with a 1 year old because she would crawl around on the floor (inside the room) for a few minutes and end up with dirt all over her clothes.
* The portacot that was supplied was dirty - it had milk stains on it that we needed to clean off. Although this was easy to do, we shouldn't need to do it.
* We arrived from Melbourne at about 10:30am with a 1 year old that needed somewhere to sleep. We asked for an early check in if our room was available and were told that we would be called if our room was available before the standard check in time of 2pm. We were never called. Surely given the times that the flights leave there was a room somewhere that we could have had earlier than this!
* Similarly check out is at 10 am. No opportunity for late check out - and nowhere (any where!) in public areas of the resort or hotel with air conditioning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Reef View Hotel features 364 extremely spacious, well-appointed rooms all with private balconies overlooking either landscaped gardens or the breathtaking vista of the Coral Sea. The upper-most floors boast 18 luxuriously appointed suites. All rooms face the sea complete with outdoor furniture to experience the spectacular sunrises and sunsets. Additional Reef View Hotel facilities include the Pool Terrace restaurant, Reef Lounge bar and Tour Desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Reef View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Reef View
- Reef View Hamilton Island
- Reef View Hotel Hamilton Island