“Great place to stay with great views”
Review of Reef View Hotel

Reef View Hotel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Hamilton Island
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the presidential suite for a night celebrating my boyfriends birthday with some friends. It was a nice big spacious room with 2 levels and has our own private plunge pool. We had a great stay and the breakfast downstairs was great. The only thing we said was it would have been better if we had a golf buggy to use as we paid all that money for the presidential suite. Otherwise I can't fault this place.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank schultzemily03
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Reef View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear schultzemily03

A pleasure having you with us & thank you for allowing us to help you celebrate your boyfriends birthday.

Great to hear you enjoyed your stay & we appreciate the feedback.

We certainly hope you can visit again soon, Thank you again.

Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Reef View for 7 nights.The first night was in a 2 level suite on the 19th floor.Very spacious,2 balconies,magnificent view! The next 6 nights were in a standard room on the 14th floor.Much more affordable,the same glorious view & still very spacious while only 1 level! Buffet breakfast was excellent,facilities were great & staff were very friendly & helpful. Hamilton Island is a sensational place & the Reef View is a good choice to stay!

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank GippyTraveller
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a week recently while on holiday with family. Good comfortable accomodation. While not the newest place to stay it has an exceptional view if fortunate enough to get a higher room like we did. Rooms have been well maintained and are very good sized. Service at hotel is exceptional as is restaurant pool etc. nice lounge area as well. Would def stay again. Don't forget to keep balcony door closed otherwise cockatoos make a huge mess.

Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Beverages
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Reef View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Hi Beverages

Thank you very much for your review.

Loved hearing that you enjoyed your stay with us & that our team where able to make such an impression.

We certainly hope you can visit again soon – If there is anything I can do for you please don’t hesitate to contact me personally via mboileau@HamiltonIsland.com.au

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Stayed here for 10 days. Room on 16 th floor was great well stocked with plenty of clean towels, water pressure in shower is fantastic, amenities are fine. Hotel is very busy with lots of families but had no problem with kids. Staff are friendly, except for the downstairs pool bar, breakfast area. Not sure why this area runs so badly but people line up for breakfast yet there are empty tables. One cook on the eggs area?. Had a problem with the senior female the day we were leaving due to timing of food and she was just plain rude. Eat breakfast at sails it's a nicer outlook with less stress. Especially if you have a conference and are stuck in a queue for breakfast.
All in all I would recommend this hotel but I keep reading the same problems with breakfast so I hope they take a closer look at this area.

Room Tip: High floors great views not near the lifts as friends said its noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Holiday0610
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

This is a great hotel to stay at while relaxing and having fun on this fabulous island so I will recommend this to anyone and I will sure be coming back again it down the track and I can't wait to have fun

Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank catchdazza
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I'm not really a person who likes resorts, and I was unsure of spending any time on Hamilton Island because I thought I would feel trapped. Well, I was right about all of that but at least the hotel was nice. The Reef View treated us very well, we had a private transfer from the airport, and they expedited our check in as best they could (got into the suite around 12:30pm). We had a two bedroom suite on the 17th floor, and the place was gigantic. They had left us a bottle of wine, a very nice chardonney (thank you, it was delicious). The kitchen and bathrooms were clean, which is always important. The beds were comfortable. The WIFI worked. We had a wonderful view. It was an easy 10 minute walk to the marina. When it came time to check out, they let us stay in the room till 12:30 instead of having to leave at 10. We thought breakfast was well done, and watching the birds try to steal food from tables was amusing each morning (loved the parrots drinking from the juice glasses). The staff was great - friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 07nan

Dear 07nan

Thank you for your review.

It is always such a pleasure to hear that our guests have enjoyed their stays with us & that we have exceeded your expectations. My team work very hard & it is always heart warming to see learn that they made such a difference.

The wine was my pleasure & the very least we can do. Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I experienced the honeymoon escape. Full Buffet Breakfast every morning, on the edge twilight sail, 3 course dinner at the romantic Romanos Italian Restaurant, champagne on arrival, free use pools, snorkelling, kayaks etc. Great package.

The room was very nice and had awesome views, we stayed on level 4. Anything lower the trees would block your view. On one of your days here experience a room service lunch. Great cheese burger.

The only thing I have an issue with is how expensive everything is on the island. Cocktails $16.50 each, Coronas $9.10. Mini Bar in the room too expensive to touch. Ice cream on a cone $9.60, meals $20-40 each. A Hamilton island magnet $18. Golf buggy $85 a day.

I do love that the buses run all the time and are free. Really don't think you need to hire a golf buggy. Everyone in general are friendly and polite. Maybe it's QLD thing.

In conclusion, great place to experience but bring some extra spending money.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Heart Hotel and Gallery Whitsundays
at Marina Shores
at Marina Shores
#5 of 10 in Airlie Beach

Been to Reef View Hotel? Share your experiences!