Hamilton Island is a lovely place to go with the family; to relax and enjoy everything the Whitsundays/ Great barrier reef has to offer. It is much nicer than the other islands in my view. I agree with earlier reviews that the Reef Hotel could do with a lift but overall it was clean and the rooms were nicely laid out. The pool and dining area was very nice and once you rented a golf buggy you can just make your way around the island and/or walk to the various restaurants and pools. I loved the sunset bar. Although not quite the cocktails you would expect the sunset and views are amazing. The marina area is lovely and there were some fabulous restaurants. We enjoyed the spa treats and also visited the zoo on across the road from the hotel. I had a friend with us from the UK and she loved it. We also did the daytrip to the reef and had a wonderful day scuba diving and swimming. Hamilton Island is much more upmarket than Daydream or Airlie Beach so I would recommend flying in for a few days enjoying the swimming, restaurants and various activities on the reef!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Reef View Hotel features 364 extremely spacious, well-appointed rooms all with private balconies overlooking either landscaped gardens or the breathtaking vista of the Coral Sea. The upper-most floors boast 18 luxuriously appointed suites. All rooms face the sea complete with outdoor furniture to experience the spectacular sunrises and sunsets. Additional Reef View Hotel facilities include the Pool Terrace restaurant, Reef Lounge bar and Tour Desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Reef View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Reef View
- Reef View Hamilton Island
- Reef View Hotel Hamilton Island