We were completely misled by the website and went to Hamilton Island expecting a bit of rest and relaxation with a bit of luxury thrown in. Was very disappointed to find ourselves 9 floors up in a concrete tower with children running up and down the corridor at all times of day and night! We did a quick calculation of what the stay had cost it worked out at just over £3000 for 5 nights B & B for 2 rooms, we did the best of the Whitsunday's package. The general cleanliness and room decor left alot to be desired however did complain to the Hotel and they couldn't do enough for us relocated us to the 19th floor in the Presidential suite - what a difference wasn't like being in the same Hotel. As for breakfast would recommend eating away from the main hotel in the Sails restaurant it was much much quieter and the views beautiful. As for Hamilton Island it is a beautiful Island but we all felt 5 days was enough, very expensive to eat out and limited choices of restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Reef View Hotel features 364 extremely spacious, well-appointed rooms all with private balconies overlooking either landscaped gardens or the breathtaking vista of the Coral Sea. The upper-most floors boast 18 luxuriously appointed suites. All rooms face the sea complete with outdoor furniture to experience the spectacular sunrises and sunsets. Additional Reef View Hotel facilities include the Pool Terrace restaurant, Reef Lounge bar and Tour Desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Reef View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Reef View
- Reef View Hamilton Island
- Reef View Hotel Hamilton Island