“Returning to Hamilton island reef view hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Reef View Hotel

Reef View Hotel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Hamilton Island
Adelaide
“Returning to Hamilton island reef view hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

We went to Hamilton island last year for our first holiday in a few years. We loved it so much we are going back on the 9th of October this year for our 10 year wedding anniversary! We had such a great time. We were on the 16th floor (fingers crossed we can go higher this time around!) and the room, view and staff were all fantastic. We ended up booking through the Hamilton island phone contact and they were also extra helpful and even made a note of our reason for going. We did a number of activities from hiking to jet skiing and reef tours. We are looking forward to trying more activities this time around as we are staying 10 nights this time. You really won't be disappointed. The food, views, activities, are just fantastic! We found the hotel service second to none and wouldn't go anywhere else to celebrate our milestone. If you want a mixture of total relaxation and fun filled activities go to Hamilton and stay at the reef view hotel.
Thank you guys we can't wait to see you again!

Regards,
E and S Marsh

Room Tip: The higher the better. The views are fantastic. We went to the top floor just to look!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Emily M
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Reef View Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Hi Emily M,

Thank you for your belated review of your stay last year and thank you for choosing to celebrate your 10th wedding anniversary with us! We're very excited to have you come and stay with us again.

I've had a think of some romantic activities for you two to consider:

1) A couples treatment at Spa qualia/Spa wumurdaylin. The award-winning Spa qualia is usually only available to guests staying at qualia but I would suggest that you contact them and see if they have room for you. If they are full, Spa wumurdaylin should be able to accommodate you.

2) A cruise to Whitehaven Beach - Whitehaven beach is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. The sand is pure silica and is white in colour (as the name suggests). There are 2 half-day cruises per day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon.

3) A round of golf - The Hamilton Island Golf Club is located on Dent Island and is around 10 minutes away by ferry. The course is amazingly beautiful and is the only championship golf course on it's own island in Australia. If neither of you are golfers, I'd still recommend getting lunch at the Club House and having a look around

Please let me know if there is anything that I can help with to ensure that your 10th wedding anniversary on Hamilton Island is an unforgettable experience.

Reef View Hotel & Palm Bungalows

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (760)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Toowoomba, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

In early September 2012 my sister and I thoroughly enjoyed six days at Reef View Hotel. Our room's balcony looked down on the pool and through the tops of palm trees to Cat's Eye Bay. Our apartment was clean and very spacious and we breakfasted every morning in the delightful area adjoining the pool. At night, music drifted up to us, adding to the relaxed holiday atmosphere. There was only ever a wait of a few minutes before we could hop on to the free mini-buses servicing the island. My main admiration was for the staff, mainly young people, who were very friendly, cheerful and obviously well trained. But a word of warning, DO keep your balcony doors closed because otherwise the cockatoos will treat your apartment as their own!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Pamela T
Hi Pamela T,

Thank you so much for your brilliant review of Reef View Hotel.
I often share guest reviews with my staff and I will be sharing your review with them this week.
I'm very proud of my staff for their professionalism and focus on guests. In fact, our concierge Emma recently won the company annual CEO Platinum award for guest service and volunteer work on Hamilton Island.

Thank you for posting this review - it will be really appreciated by my staff.

Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

We spent 7 nights staying at the Reef View Hotel in August. Our garden view room was very spacious and actually had a nice outlook over palm trees across the bay and over the swimming pool. Very spacious room with good facilities and comfy bed. Our room was serviced daily, but sometimes this did not occur until late in the day. Breakfast was included in the cost of the room and it was excellent and had a wide variety of food to accommodate everyones needs. The resort swimming pool was OK but the time of year we were there did not allow us to swim in the other swimming pool facilities nearby as they were not heated. This made the Reef View Hotel main swimming pool very crowded with lots of children at times. However, there were plenty of other things to do so this was not a problem. We would recommend this hotel as suitable for families but not if you wanting a romantic couples experience.

Room Tip: 3rd Floor Garden View Rooms still provide an adequate view over the palm trees and ocean as a cheape...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi Kiwifruitontour,

Thank you for your great review.
I'm glad to hear that you were very happy with your room.
We have a very diverse set of guests including families, couples, groups of friends and individuals. We pride ourselves on being able to appeal to many different types of people due to our location, value-for-money and service.
Couples that stay with us for a romantic escape often stay in one of our suites. The suites are all located on the top levels, are huge rooms and some suites even have a spa on the huge outdoor entertainment area.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope you'll choose us again when you are on Hamilton Island next.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

My husband and I went with 2 others to celebrate our cousin's birthday. We stayed on the 18th floor in adjoining rooms. The rooms and bathrooms were extremely spacious.Even a lovely view from the back entrance to room. Our wedding anniversary was acknowledged with a bottle of wine - a great surprise as we had recently travelled to varying destinations in Tahiti after letting all know on booking but not one surprise anywhere! Our travel deal with Flight Centre gave us great value for money on this holiday.The position of this hotel allows for easy access to all facilities on the island and a choice of pools to swim in. Glass lifts further enhanced views. Buffet breakfast had good range of choices. Surprised that for dinner at night the resort restaurant was closing quite early and not many people there. Quite a few families and children there and this was a holiday that would easily suit families or couples.We found the staff very friendly and helpful.Booking of activities was also well done with attentive staff. Loved the bar / coffee area although didn't get to use it as much as I would've liked to. Service at check in counters also very efficient. Large Foyer very attractively presented.Shuttle around the island very useful and waiting time minimal, although hotel within walking distance to everything. Just sitting and reading on the balcony with such a lovely view would make for a relaxing break! Lunch at Manta Ray Cafe and also at the Yacht Club should not be missed! Beach Club restaurant also delightful but expect to pay for still water. We loved our 5 night stay and hope to return sometime.Lots of cockatoos fly near and sit on balconies. They are very beautiful but dont leave doors open!

Room Tip: Choose a room on the higher floors 18th recommended.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bluemountainscouple
Hello Bluemountainscouple,

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary and I’m glad that you liked the bottle of wine.
It’s so great to read about how much you enjoyed everything on Hamilton Island.
Thank you for your comments about Reef View Hotel staff – I will be sharing your review with all the staff in our meeting this week.
I hope to see you return to stay at Reef View Hotel soon.

Kind Regards,

Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

What a great place! It has the looks of a noisy "Greek Island" resort, but the whole of Hamilton Island is such a "chilled" place to visit. Really nice! Trips to the Great Barrier Reef and Whithaven Beach are a 'must'.

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor. Try and get higher!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paul d
Hi Paul d,

Thank you for your positive review. Hamilton Island is such a unique and beautiful part of Australia and we're very lucky to live and work here. It's interesting to hear your comparison of Hamilton Island to one of the Islands in Greece. Hamilton Island is a much more relaxing destination where families, couples and groups of friends come to de-stress and enjoy the sun and water. However, for 1 week of the year, we host the Audi Hamilton Island Race Week. This is probably our busiest week and the atmosphere is so busy and exciting that I think we'd give the Greek party islands a run for their money!

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I hope that you stay with us again if you find yourself on Hamilton Island in the future.

Warmest Regards,

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

My wife and I booked our stay here using vouchers from cashing in airmiles. I think if I had been paying my own money I might have expected more from the hotel. That said I found alot of things on Hamilton Island to be a little bit more expensive than normal.
There were a lot more families around than I had expected given the prices listed on their website. A lot of children seemed to think of the corridors to the rooms as a playground though so it may have just been our neighbours, but it wasn't as quiet as we would have liked. Something about the corridors seemed to amplify the noise, even though they're external corridors.. Apart from that though we really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is in a perfect location for the beach, and the start of the walking trails is only a couple of minutes away, and the marine only about a 10 minutes walk so there were plenty of activities close at hand.
Our room on the 3rd floor was very large, and comfortable, with plenty of space even with two open suitcases in the middle of the floor, and was spotless and very well kept.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Reef View Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Hello steve1903,

I’m glad to hear that your stay at Reef View Hotel was enjoyable.
I’m sorry for the noise that you experienced. This time of year is incredibly busy on Hamilton Island (especially with families) so there is a lot of activity.

It’s great to hear that your room was “spotless and very well kept”. We have recently instituted some new housekeeping processes that are working very well for us.

It’s great that you and your wife had a nice break. We hope you’ll come back soon.

Kind Regards

Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

My daughter and her partner stayed at the Reef View hotel for their wedding and follow on honeymoon during mid-late Sep 2012. They were lucky enough to be accommodated in a suite on the 19th floor. The quality of the room was magnificent and the views were awesome and made for some amazing photo shots (see attached photo). The staff in all of the hotel facilities were immaculate, well trained, very helpful and polite and are a credit to the hotels training staff and management. The location of the hotel is superb, being close to a large number of facilities for swimming (ocean or several pools), eating, walking and relaxing. The wedding ceremony was conducted on 'Catseye Beach' which is directly opposite this hotel which made the logistics of bridal preparation and walking my daughter from room to beach seamless. I highly recommend this hotel - great quality, great staff and superb location.

Room Tip: The quality and views from the upper floors are amazing.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Aussie_Traveller0487
Hi Aussie_Traveller0487,

Firstly, let me congratulate you and your family on the happy day in September and let me thank you for choosing to stay at Reef View Hotel for the wedding.

I’m so happy to read about how much you loved your room. I wasn’t able to see any photos attached to your review – maybe they need to be reattached?

Thank you for your feedback regarding my staff. I have shared your review with them in our weekly meeting and they were all proud to hear your comments. We are committed to the training of our staff in order to enhance the stay of our guests and we even have a certified training college on Hamilton Island where staff have the opportunity to earn certificates in management and hospitality best practices.

My staff and I would love to see you around the hotel again soon.

Warmest Regards

Qualia Resort
Qualia Resort
#2 of 5 in Hamilton Island
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,295 reviews

Been to Reef View Hotel? Share your experiences!