We recently stayed at the Beach club-the final part of our holiday to Australia.We arrived on Hamilton Island where we were warmly welcomed and whisked away on a buggy to the hotel. It was lovely not to worry about our suitcases which were duly collected by a member of staff.Check in was smooth and swift and despite arriving at 10am, our room was ready.
We were on the first floor and had a lovely view of Catseye beach and the islands. The furniture in the rooms is quite dated but they were comfortable and clean. My only concern was at night -the upstairs walkway was very poorly lit and it was very difficult to see where you were going.
The hotel is only small and at breakfast the following morning when I ordered a second cup of tea I was asked to move into the lounge area as people were waiting for a table. I hadn't finished my breakfast !and felt under pressure to move. This however did not happen again.Service at breakfast was ok but nearly every day my cereal bowl or fruit plate was not cleared away before my main breakfast. Staff were standing around chatting to each other and they weren't busy.
Whilst relaxing by the lovely pool we were offered a glass of iced water. We were also offered a sliced strawberry or minute melon ball!
The reception staff were very helpful and beach club guests are offered complimentary buggy transport around the island.
We did not eat in the hotel. We chose to eat at Mariners in the marina which I would highly recommend.
The Beach club was fine and we enjoyed our stay but compared to the 5 star hotels we have stayed in in other countries such as Dubai, Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand the standard of service did not live up to our expectations.
The hotel is very peaceful and the beach front setting is lovely and in our opinion that is what you pay for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its absolute beachfront location, the Beach Club offers the ultimate romantic island holiday experience. Set in landscaped gardens, all 57 rooms face directly onto Catseye Beach, each with its own private courtyard or balcony. Exclusive room inclusions / a la carte breakfast daily at the Beach Club restaurant / VIP return Hamilton Island airport / marina to Beach Club transfers / VIP chauffeur service / use of catamarans, paddle skis, windsurfers and snorkeling equipment / use of the gym, spa and sauna / tennis and squash court hire / use of the beach, The Club lounge, pool and restaurant. Note: Beach Club does not cater for persons under the age of 18 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Club Hotel Hamilton Island
- Beach Resort Hamilton Island
- Beach Hotel Hamilton Island
- Beach Hamilton Island