“The Perfect Holiday”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Hamilton Island
QLD
“The Perfect Holiday”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We recently stayed at Beach Club for our wedding anniversary (minus our children). This has been the most relaxing and peaceful holiday we've ever been on. From the moment we landed at the airport, the staff at Beach Club were looking after our every need. The extra service at this place is exceptional, and you must remember this if you think the room rate is too pricey. It's worth it!! The staff were so friendly, and treated everyone as equals - you never felt like you weren't good enough to be looked after, and nothing was ever any trouble for them. They take the time to chat and get involved with the guests.

The location of this hotel is absolutely stunning - and right on its own private stretch of the beach, exclusive for hotel guests. In my opinion, it's the best spot on the island. No children at the resort gives it a super peaceful atmosphere. We especially liked the beachside service for drinks and meals, the staff even bringing us water during our time spent on the beach.

The rooms were lovely, modern, super quiet, beachy and very comfortable. I wouldn't say in need of a reno at all! The shower was especially good - didn't want to get out of there. We had an upstairs room with a balcony - I would recommend this over the lower floor rooms, only because you can see the water better! There are hedges surrounding the bottom floor balconies, but you do have pretty much beach access from these rooms.

The restaurant was also fantastic - we loved everything we ordered. I especially recommend the waters edge degustation dinner - absolutely loved it. Our other pic of the Hamilton restaurants was Coca Chu. Brilliant location on the beach, and the food was heaven! Indulge and try everything.

Overall this is the type of place I would recommend for a honeymoon, couples getaway, or anyone wanting a luxurious and peaceful holiday. We will definitely be back!!

Room Tip: 2nd level rooms have a better view of the beach.
1 Thank Qldfamily
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Beach Club, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Qldfamily,

Thank you for your lovely review of Beach Club.

To hear your stay was the most peaceful you have had is a great compliment, I guess being able to just focus on yourselves for a change had a big part to play in the relaxation!

I loved the pictures of Beach Club, thank you for posting those as they are so helpful for future guests to view our lovely property.

We look forward to your next escape from the kids!

Regards,
Marcus Taylor
Beach Club Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
  • Korean first
Melbourne
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My two times staying here have been nothing short of PERFECTION!! Incredible service is the number one best thing, but closely followed by beyond amazing food, location and great room. I stayed 2 nights last year with my sister, and left feeling as though I had just lived through a magical holiday dream and honestly felt we were treated like royalty. I have never received service like that in my life. I promised myself I would return for my 40th birthday with my husband, and wondered if it could possibly live up to my previous trip. It did! The Manager was even generous enough to have chilling champagne upon arrival as a birthday surprise! A most welcome one I might add. Other accommodation places could learn from this place. What you have created here is simply AMAZING. I can hardly put into words how to describe the breakfast experience. My husband, who can be quite a harsh critic described the breakfast experience as simply 'the best breakfast location, atmosphere and service he had ever had'. I cannot put into words how much I love this place! Keep doing what you are doing! I will be back!!!

Room Tip: Stay upstairs. The view is just stunning!!
Medford, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I have nothing but good things to say about our experience staying at the Beach Club. Marcus and his team do a phenomenal job of providing superb service to guests. The staff helped us plan our stay and find fun things to do, and came to our aid when we accidentally missed one of our planned day trips! The restaurant is quite good, and cocktails on the beach are highly recommended. Perhaps most importantly, the location is beautiful, the absence of children is most welcome, and the rooms are comfortable. We departed with many wonderful memories.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Shepparton
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We have just spent 5 nights at the Beach Club on Hamilton Island and had the best holiday ever. First class service right from the time we got on the ground. Such a beautiful resort with everything that you need at your fingertips. Excellent food, service and a great relaxing holiday by the pool and in the beach chairs on the beach with drinks brought right out to you. As a mature age couple having to travel in the school holiday period, Beach Club was the perfect choice to relax and enjoy without all the crowds and kids. We are definitely coming back again next year.
Ken & Karen, Victoria

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 11, 2013

This has been a great stay. The service is pure luxury, but not at all pretentious. The restaurant is top class, the rooms are great(although they are scheduled for Reno soon, which will make a good thing even better). The staff were so friendly and cheerful, no kids mucking around at breakfast or making noise around the pool, this is just what we needed/wanted.

Room Tip: We were upstairs, had a great view over the beach from our balcony. Only one flight of stairs, so no...
1 Thank George G
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Helpful staff, wonderful location and beautiful food. Transport is provided by the resort or you can hire a golf buggy to get you around. Water sports are also provided. What more can you ask for? Your every wish is accommodated as best they can and the island is full of hidden surprises. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Better views upstairs but you can walk straight out onto the lawn/beach if you are on lower level.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 9, 2013

This resort is great. From the great breakfasts (made to order, not buffet), very comfortable rooms and wet edge pool and sun lounges on a private area of the beach which is served by staff, this place was exactly what we were looking for to get away from the daily grind. Great location on Catseye Beach and in close proximity to great restaurants such as Coco Chu. The staff are very friendly and can drop you off anywhere on the island as requested in their courtesy vans. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamilton Island
Coral Point Lodge
Coral Point Lodge
#1 of 1 in Shute Harbour
Heart Hotel and Gallery Whitsundays

Been to Beach Club? Share your experiences!