“Fabulous food and location”
Review of Beach Club

Beach Club
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Hamilton Island
Sutherland Shire, Australia
“Fabulous food and location”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We ate breakfasts here most mornings..beautiful omlets and assortment of breakfast options. Dinner I had an amazing prawn and bug yellow curry, yum yum yum! The beach club reminds me of Fiji, the only thing missing is some greeting musicians. The outlook is just beautiful and the staff a super friendly. Beware of the birds coming to steal your food off your plate in the mornings if you are seated outside. We were here with a large group for a family members 60th...we loved it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Rennie74
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Beach Club, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear Rennie74,

Thank you for your lovely review.

Yan Bo our main breakfast chef has become a firm favourite with our guests. His daily specials are often photographed before being eagerly consumed - a feast for the eyes and the taste buds!

Hopefully we will see you all back for another celebration soon.

Beach Club Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
  • Korean first
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife and I were looking for somewhere to spend some time together, relax and celebrate our 33rd wedding anniversary. We had Hamilton Island recommended to us, as a great place to relax and slow the pace of life down. We opted for the Beach Club Resort and oh how pleased were we that we had. Initially it was the no children policy that so impressed me. Don't get me wrong we love children but sometimes its nice to have a civilized time in adult company and enjoy a little quiet time. The facilities full filled all our expectations but the friendly atmosphere created by Marcus the GM and his staff exceeded our expectations and allowed us to enjoy a superb stay.

Room Tip: Request a ground floor room if possible your room opens on to small gardens and the private resort b...
1 Thank Clearblueskiesxox
Dear Clearblueskiesxox,

Thank you for your review and for sharing your great pictures of Beach Club.

Its nice to see you stayed with us on a recommendation, and more importantly, that we were able to create the same relaxing atmosphere for you too. I agree, the no under-18’s policy does make the resort a more tranquil escape than a traditional family-oriented hotel.

Hopefully we will see you back one day soon.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 24, 2013

From being met at the airport and driven to the Beach Club the weekend started out beautifully. The service was wonderful in every way but the room was old and tired and the furniture had obviously seen better days. Housekeeping do a wonderful job making the place look nice and clean but in all honesty the rooms just need to be knocked down and rebuilt. However the resort staff are so great at their job you forget about the shabby conditions. When the tide is in the beach is beautiful but be prepared for a long stony walk to the water when the tide is out. All in all the food and service was amazing so would definitely go back.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WaileaLinda G
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Beach Club, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear WaileaLinda G,

Thank you for your terrific comments in regards to the food and the service. We receive many reviews like yours that say that these are the qualities are what sets Beach Club apart, and this is something that I am most proud of when reflecting on the daily operations of Beach Club.

It’s obviously disappointing to see that you felt the rooms where not up to standard. We work hard on keeping them well-maintained with a very strict maintenance schedule, with each room taken offline every six months for a full paint and maintenance check. The layout and design concept of our rooms is centered around celebrating and maximising our beautiful beachfront location, and we feel that they are well designed to meet this goal.

I am happy to see that you will still be looking at a return visit, and I will be sure to feed your comments into any future decisions around room refurbishments. In fact if you have any specific feedback about the rooms that you would like to share with me, I invite you to contact me directly on marcust@hamiltonisland.com.au to ensure I understand the areas you were least fond of.

Thanks again for your great feedback, and the whole team here at Beach Club looks forward to your return.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Excellent property. Staff can't do enough to make your stay memorable. Right from the pick up from the airport where bags were sorted invisibly and reappeared in your room to the waiting bottle of bubbly to celebrate our wedding anniversary- thank you Marcus.

Great drop off , pick up service whenever you want.

Trips and restaurant bookings sorted painlessly.

Superb pool area and the sun was even shining!

Great place to get away from the cold of the NZ winter and relax.

Thanks so much!

Room Tip: Upstairs away from the pool area was private and quiet. We were right at the end (201) which was gr...
Dear Brian M,

It's great to see the anniversary celebrations went to plan. (I am always happy to assist in getting a celebration under way!)

The Beach Club team love reading the reviews here and when we see such glowing reports it really does give us all a boost.

Thank you, and I hope to see you back soon.

Sydney
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I had read the reviews and therefore did expect too much. Stayed for 5 days and caught the gist.

The owners have worked out already, why spend money on keeping this fresh or even worth the money when there is enough people still coming from mainland Australia. At this price there is no completion in the area... So they can and everything you pay for and everything is pricey.

My experience was this place attacts older folk who do not want more than a 1-2 hour flight and obviously not overseas. This place is not anywhere near world standards for the money.

Saying this there are some things I liked about the island.

To get around they provide free buses and the main food shopping water front marina is only 3 mins away with a free bus every 15 mins.

Rooms were embarrassing old, rundown and plain awful, at definately not worth $500 plus per night. The bathroom was odd, no design at all just really vr apply tiles covering walls of unsightly colour. However it was at least functional.

Breakfast, staff tried really hard but I found it quite hard to do.

Beach was pretty good, but deck chairs sloped down to the water pretty acutely. Just bareable. At the beach front your pretty much on you own to fetch food and drink. Still I found the location quite nice at least when the numbers allow you to easily locate an available chair.

Pool was pretty good, but no spa, with space and chairs around pool very very sparse. It overlooked the beach and presented the best option for sun and relaxing. I understand its adults only but apparently your dog can use a deck chair around the pool. Now this is a first for me, but I did to mind and understood that the elderly folk were having a special time.

In summary if the owners of the island stick these extra dollars into expanding the island facilities, which appeared to be happening then I hope in 10-20 years it may be a place to come back. But for me not at hese prices. It is misrepresentation to still use photos from when the rooms were completed... This is Not how they are now as the other reviews can also testify.

For older folk looking for a short beachside tropical holiday, this is a good choice, if you can't travel.

The staff did the best they could with the resources available.

To Mr Hamilton, owner of the Island all the best with your developments but while you are grabbing our money like this you are not convincing us that this is a serious contenders for my vacation dollars. I do hope this changes because it is a great location and would love to be able to add this to my holiday wish list.

Thank you to all the staff at Beach Club you made my stay enjoyable, all the best to you.

3 Thank beachislandlover
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Beach Club, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear beachislandlover,

Thank you for your review and detailed feedback following your recent stay.

Firstly allow me to thank you for your lovely comments regarding the efforts and service of our staff. This is greatly appreciated and something that the entire Beach Club Team prides themselves on.

Sadly you were disappointed with a number of issues, and whilst it may be too late to win you back for a return visit, I would still like to pay you the courtesy of responding to some of your comments.

Beach Club is very sensitive to pricing, and as such we have not actually raised our room rates for two years now. Our prices, to some extent, are reflective of costs associated with our isolated island location. Nevertheless, we believe that with all the inclusions that we offer, we consider ourselves extremely competitive with other similar resorts. Combine that with short travel time and your ‘bang for your buck’ is great.

Our rooms are well-maintained and every one of them is taken offline every 6 months for a full repaint and full maintenance check. I would not in any way consider them run down, and although the décor wasn’t to your taste, the room layout is accurately shown on our website. I encourage all guests to view the room photos on our website, but to also view photos posted on Tripadvisor by previous guests, to verify that 'the brochure matches the experience'.

Lastly, it is important that I clarify that dogs are generally not allowed to stay at Beach Club. The dog you saw during your stay was actually a highly-trained assistance dog (named Vinnie), who was traveling with a vision-impaired couple staying with us. I'm sure you would agree that in such circumstances exceptions must be made, and Beach Club was happy to accommodate in this instance.

Of course, I am always open to discussion and have a commitment to full transparency to past and future guests. If you (or any reader of this review) would like to clarify or discuss any of the above points I encourage you to please contact me directly at marcust@hamiltonisland.com.au.

I appreciate the opportunity to respond to your review, but ultimately it saddens me that we weren't able to provide you with the perfect holiday escape. I accept your feedback and I will use it to help guide improvements to Beach Club for all future guests.

Port Douglas, Australia
Reviewed July 19, 2013

The Beach Club is one of the best resorts I have ever stayed in, is has great facilities and is in a truly wonderful location but the one thing that sets this apart from all the rest is the fantastic staff. From the first day the staff went out of their way to make me feel welcome and help with any aspect of my stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank R0D_31
Dear R0D_31,

Thank you for your review.

It is great to see that the staff where the standout for you. We are truly proud of our team here at Beach Club, and I agree that this is the secret ingredient that makes any Beach Club stay such a memorable experience.

Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I truly loved my stay here at
Beach Club, the staff are such a delight and my room was imaculate. Breakfast was great and I loved being able to see the chefs, made it feel real and authentic. Great work Beach Club.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Westernadventure
Dear Westernadventure,

Thank you for your great review.

I'm pleased to see that both our staff, and the amazing surrounds of Beach Club combined so seamlessly to leave you with such fond memories of your stay.

It is great to see your visit was so enjoyable, and I hope to welcome you back here one day soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamilton Island
#1 of 1 in Shute Harbour
at Marina Shores
at Marina Shores
#5 of 10 in Airlie Beach

Been to Beach Club? Share your experiences!