“If you have not been there go!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Beach Club

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Beach Club
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Hamilton Island
Ft. myers
“If you have not been there go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Hamilton beach club is located on Hamilton island near the Great Barrier Reef.

Lets start with the negatives. The room is modest and I doubt it will impress you . Our air conditioning went out in our room.
Having said that we loved our visit. The location is spectacular . We had a first floor unit I suggest getting a second floor even with no lift. The view is special.

It is impossible to adequately say how good the service is. If you like great service and friendly staff you will love the B C. Best I have ever had.

They put us in a second floor unit for a day while they replace the air con in our unit. There is lots to do on the island.

We had great food every where we went on the island . I know Qualia (sp?) gets all the raves as number 1 resort in the world but I found the staff and service at the Beach Club to be exceptional

I have stayed at a number of high end hotels and resorts. None can match the service at the Beach Club.

Word of caution we went in January and I must say it was a tad hot and humid .

We still had a great time. We stayed 5 days and would have been happy if it was longer.

Cheers

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Richard P
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Beach Club, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Hello Richard P,

Thanks for posting such a great review of your stay with us – my team and I really appreciate your kind words.

We aim to provide a first class service while maintaining a relaxed and friendly attitude. I am glad you appreciated it.

Hopefully you will make the trip across the oceans to visit us again soon.

Beach Club Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

My husband and I took a 2 week vacation to Australia and by far Hamilton Island and the Beach Club specifically was our favorite part. The pool was beautiful and we had easy access to chairs right on the beach every day. The room was clean and bright and the food and service was excellent. We loved the beach club, wish we could have stayed longer, and would love to go back.

Room Tip: Request a room directlt overlooking the pool and beach.
2 Thank Stephanyj328
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Beach Club, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Hello Stephanyj328,

Thank you for the brilliant review. It makes me proud to hear that of all the places you visited in your 2 week tour, we were your favourite, especially considering that Australia is such an amazing, diverse tourism destination.

I really hope that you have the opportunity to come back and stay with us someday.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 1week at The Beach Club. Service was first class, from being met at the small airport, luggage collected for you and driven to the hotel in a golf buggy! All the staff were attentive and remembered your favourite drinks and how you liked your coffee.
The wonderful infinity pool looking out onto Catseye beach was never busy, although the sun loungers on the private beach were in demand.
The hotel restaurant was excellent and you could even book a romantic table on the beach for your evening meal.
The hotel offered free transport, either chauffeured golf buggy or air-conditioned shuttle bus anywhere, anytime, though it is worth hiring your own buggy for a day to explore the island.
Rooms are a good size, but decor rather dull, and the lighting in the bathroom not good.
Overall, having checked out the other hotels on the Island, we felt The Beach Club was certainly the best, great location, adult only, directly on the beach, friendly and relaxing vibe.
We look forward to returning January 2014.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same Either ground floor with terrace and direct access to gardens and beach or 1...
2 Thank bubbs87
Hello bubbs87,

Thank you for staying with us and also for posting this 5 star review for Beach Club!

I’m so happy that you were so pleased with nearly everything during your stay. Thank you in particular for your comments about the service that my staff provided – they are a great bunch of professionals and I’m very proud of the standard that they work to.

My opinion might be slightly biased but I also think that Beach Club Hotel is the best hotel on Hamilton Island :)

When you are ready to start planning your 2014 stay with us, please feel free to email me on marcust@hamiltonisland.com.au and I will assist with your booking in any way that I can.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

we chose beach club as it promised to have a beach without any kids and that was very important for us.

Our room was on the ground floor overlooking the sea and located right on the beach. The room was large with an excellent view, spacious washroom. The breakfast was heavenly with a wide choice of eggs.

the resort provided us with a golf cart ride to wherever we wanted to go to on the island. The resort itself provided many water sport activities at no or very low cost. the infinity swimming pool was heavenly.

however, my husband and I decided to try out the paid snorkeling and diving tours and it was worth it.

Recommend this to couples who are looking for privacy and a kid-free zone at least in their resort!

Room Tip: take the rooms further away from the restaurant so as to avoid the noise from guests during meal tim...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JessicaIrani
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Beach Club, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear JessicaIrani,

Thank you so much for your brilliant review of Beach Club Hotel.

I’m glad that you and your husband were able to have a relaxing stay on Hamilton Island. As you mentioned, Beach Club is a kid-free zone and this means that it is perfect for couples to have a romantic getaway without the experience being interrupted by screaming kids. Another benefit for Beach Club guests is that we have our own private section of Catseye Beach that is also a kids-free zone.

Some guests are content with lounging around our pool all day with a good book but it’s nice to hear that you tried a few adventurous activities during your stay. I realise that Mumbai is a bit of a trip but I hope that you are both able to come back and stay with us sometime in the future.

Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

My Husband and I stayed at the beach club for 2 nights of our honeymoon. We found the staff very helpful and loved that we could have transfers to anywhere at anytime on the island. Abbie in particular was very helpful with anything we wanted to know or book. We dined both nights at the beach club. On the first night we dined by the pool, I had the steak and my partner had the lamb, both were amazing. Was possibly the best dinner and best service we have ever had. On the second night we dined on the beach with the degustation menu which was a great experience and was a nice finish to our time on Hamilton. Cocktails are great also and love that they bring them to your lounger on the beach or by the pool. On arrival there was a lovely card and some wine in our room which was a nice touch. We were sad we had only booked 2 nights but will definatly be back. Thanks to the team at Beach Club!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 201 which was the far room on the top right of the building. We had an amazing vie...
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

A 2night stay when we visited the Barrier Reef. Could have stayed forever. Staff were amazing, could not do enough for us. Room, view, everything was fabulous. Hope to return again in the future for a longer stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Beach Club, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear sue_downton,

Thank you so much for the glowing review of your stay at Beach Club. We all appreciate you taking the time and effort to tell other people about your stay and it's always nice to hear complimentary feedback from our guests. Being a boutique hotel on a tropical island, we rely on recommendations of past guests.
When you are ready to return for a longer stay, please contact me directly on marcust@hamiltonisland.com.au and I will assist with your arrangements.

Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here Jan 2013. Lovely outlook across the water and transfers from anywhere at anytime a real plus. Staff tried really hard and were trying to be genuine. Some more than others.

Let down by the following and not a Beach Club "GM" thing, more an ownership thing. One that affects staff morale more than you all could see.

The Island is owned and controlled by the Wild Oats 11 owner Robert (Bob) Oatley. In no disrespect to the man, the Island is bordering on a fiefdom, although the staff are trained to call it a "99 year lease".

The wine selection is basically all from his own estates. Repackaged plonk and not great. Even the girl in the bottle shop was trying to upsell it. And relented to a SA Sav Blanc.

There is a high turnover of staff here and due to high Australian award wages, we cannot compete when comparing this to Asian 5 star. The Island relies on backpackers to see them through and this is apparent throughout. Cheap and nonchalant.

A major problem with the Beach Club is location. It's in front of a large family tower and many of these guests seem to think the BC foreshore is their domain too and don't read the signs trying to keep the away. Family pools either side don't help.

By the way, the best staff member at BC is the girl from Wodonga, she holds breakfast and dinner together. Without her, this place would be a shambles.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BrisTravel01
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Beach Club, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Hello BrisTravel01,

I appreciate you sharing this feedback of your recent stay at Beach Club Hotel.

I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed the VIP transport service and the views towards the ocean.

We realise the biggest asset is staff and hence major resources are put into training and maintaining staff, we even have our own training college on island which works alongside TAFE to ensure recognised training is conducted on island. Staff are generally hospitality professionals and many are placed direct from major hospitality training schools/colleges or are busy completing courses through the on island training centre.
Wine from the Robert Oatley estate is freely available across the island along with many other varieties, I don’t mind what you choose as long as you enjoy it!

The girl you mentioned from Wodonga is Kanthi, you are 100% correct that she is an asset to Beach Club and recognised as a rising star.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope that you do decide to come back for another stay sometime in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamilton Island
Qualia Resort
Qualia Resort
#2 of 5 in Hamilton Island
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,290 reviews

Been to Beach Club? Share your experiences!