Beach Club
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Reef View Hotel(Hamilton Island)
  • Breakfast included
Palm Bungalows(Hamilton Island)
Qualia Resort(Hamilton Island)
  • Beachfront
Daydream Island Resort(Daydream Island)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Coral Point Lodge(Shute Harbour)
View Hotel
Airlie Beach Hotel(Airlie Beach)
1,212 results
All reviewsinfinity poolour honeymoona ground floor roomchauffeur servicecatseye beachdirect access to the beachwelcome drinkfirst floora la carte breakfastcomplimentary drinksbottled waterevery morningrestaurant bookingslounge chairsyour luggagemoment you arrivethe general manager
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Thank you Beach Club for a wonderful long weekend! I have just got back from 2 nights on Hammo, staying at the Beach Club. This was expensive but worth it! The rooms were fabulous with terrific service. Thanks Manager Marcus for the special bottle of champange that had been arranged for my 30th - just made the occasion more special!
The buggy shuttle service is great to have - we used it heaps and the pick-up was very fast from wherever we were on the island. I highly recommend requesting a ground floor room - you just step outside and the beach is there - never had a problem getting a lounge chair by the pool or on the beach - we were constantly provided with iced water and fuit cups and the staff were so friendly.
On arrival our room was ready an hour before the usual 2pm check-in and we were given a glass of beautiful juice and a sweet. The service really is amazing and the added bonus is NO KIDS ALLOWED!!!!
The only thing I could say was the breakfast service was a bit slow. It was buffet continential items but you order hot food off the menu which was then served to you at the table. Nice to have the service though.

Room Tip: Ground floor room!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Dear Alison-K-QLD,

I'm happy to hear that your birthday with us was so great! Thank you for your comments about my staff and the service that they provided during your stay.

I hope that you will come back soon and often.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We just had 8 days in the Whitsundays with 3 nights at Qualia, 3 on a yacht (Whilsunday Getaway) and 2 at Beach Club, so we were able to compare directly between the 2 top-rated hotels on Hamilton. Unfortunately Beach Club comes bottom of our three experiences and on balance we wished we had paid more and gone back to Qualia.

The hotel itself is as advertised - small and adults only, with great views over Catseye beach. BUT it is surrounded by the other hotels and apartments at Catseye, with many shared facilities.

First, the hotel itself. The reception area and restaurant area are nicely appointed and views geat. The pool is small but long enough to do some laps. There are only a few beds around the pool but its rarely busy. There are tables and chiars in the shade of trees by the pool and on the beach. The room next to the bar has been converted to a library/computer room with a communal bathroom/shower for use on check out day which is nice.

Our room was on the ground floor mid way along the hotel with lovely views. Whilst a bit dated it was super comfortable with great bed and sofa, lots of room and a DVD player. The terrace had 2 chairs and a table but only one lounger. As it is east facing, there is sun on the terrace until about mid day, and you dont get any sunset views. On the downside the digital televsion signal didn't work and the internet dropped the line every few minutes. Also, whilst the beach area in front of the pool is private, the area in front of the rooms is not, and it was often quite noisy in front of our room - one day there was a wedding with loud music and a very vocal wedding photographer. Also on the saturday night the noise from a very loud bar/disco boomed out across the whole of the beach area.

On arrival we immediately tried to make bookings for our two evenings dinner - on our first night (Friday) there was nothing at all available! Luckily the hotel itself fitted us into their on site restaurant - food was lovely (better than LongView at Qualia in our opinion) but service was very slow - 50 mins between starter and main course by which time we were very tired and didnt really enjoy it. For our second night most restaurants were also booked and we only got a booking at 8.30pm at Coca Chou (Thai) - this was very late for us, but we had no choice (other than a take away pizza or fish and chip shop!). Not ideal for our last night.

Of the shared facilities, the gym is well equipped but not high class and the music was so loud it made the gym unusable for us. The saunda and jacuzzi was very uninviting and we didnt use it. My husband had a message (at an inconvenient time - again it was almost fully booked) which was nice, but nothing like the fantastic experience of the Qualia spa.

Overall a lovely hotel with good service and food, but in a busy/nosiy area. So not for us.

One niggle on the last day - we asked for a late check out at 12.30 (our departure time to the airport) but were told the very latest was 11am. When we left at 12.30pm I looked in our room and it hadn't been touched since we left it, so we c ould easily have used it. Also our plane was running 50 mins late - the hotel didnt seem to check this and took us to the airport for the scheduled time, which left us sitting around at the very boring, noisy and ill equipped Hamilton departure lounge for far too long!

1  Thank gerbilsontour
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Hello gerbilsontour,

Thank you for your review.

I apologise for the issues that you encountered with the in-room wi-fi during your stay. We have brought in a technician who is currently working on this issue and it will be resolved very soon. The free Wi fi in our lounge area is still working well however.

Noise from other guests isn't something that I hear often but of course sometimes events take place that can be heard, as happened here. We do our utmost to ensure a peaceful stay by keeping a close eye on nearby events and monitoring noise levels but I'm sorry that this noise affected your stay.

As we are in peak season, I recommend to guests that they reserve a table at the restaurants a couple of days in advance. And remember, Beach Club guests are able to have our staff arrange their dinner reservations for them on arrival (and anything else for that matter!).

We are very flexible with dropping off guests at the airport and even if a plane is delayed, check-in in time still remains the same. We have often in the past brought guests back to wait at BC in cases of long delays. However, sometimes we are only aware of delays when guests are made aware. We have no connection to airlines and as such rely on the same information that passengers get.

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Beach Club and I hope it's not too long until we see you again.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Had a lovely stay. We were lucky enough to have perfect weather in September. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary & when we arrived we had a lovely bottle of bubbly on ice waiting for us in our room. We thought that was a lovely touch. Our room probably wasnt as quiet as we thought it was going to be as we were near a puplic path that went down to the beach. Breakfast was delicous, being able to choose a main was great because you knew your eggs or whatever you ordered were going to be served hot unlike a lot of buffet breakfasts these days. During our stay a young female chef was doing the breakfasts & thought she handled the number of orders very well. We ate dinner at the restaurant a couple of times & the meals were superb. While the rooms were a great size & very clean with a very compfy bed I think the rooms could do with a bit of a makeover. Loved the fact that there were no kids. All in all a great time.

Room Tip: Perhaps a room in the middle of the complex would be quieter
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Dee255068,

Your review of Beach Club Hotel made for some very interesting reading. I’m so happy to hear that your anniversary lived up to your expectations and you both had a wonderful time at Beach Club Hotel.

Our Chef’s name is Alice and she is amazing in the kitchen. She asked me to thank you for your kind words about her. All of the Beach Club staff work hard to make our guests feel special and they appreciate any and all positive feedback from guests.

We would love for you to come back and stay with us again.

Regards,

Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Beach Club for four blissful nights for our honeymoon.

From the moment we stepped off the plane - everything was amazing. We were met in a luxury air conditioned van and a staff member waited for our bags. After a welcome drink and orientation at the hotel our bags were in our room waiting for us.

Pool was perfect (no under 18s) a definite plus. Loved the 24hr buggy service and the staff were all friendly and accomadating. Breakfast was fantastic and having the option to eat at various locations on the island was a real treat.

I can't wait to return to Hamilton Island and wouldn't stay anywhere else!!!

Thanks again,

Amy

• Stayed: November 2011
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear Amycrawf5,

Congratulations again on your recent marriage. Your review was very touching to read and I'll be sharing this with my staff.

Beach Club Hotel is so popular for honeymooners partially because it's adults only and this means there are no children running around and screaming. The mood here is very peaceful and serene - a perfect place to spend some quality time together on your honeymoon.

Thank you so much for staying at Beach Club and we can't wait to see you again.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We paid $550 per night for a disgusting experience.
-The toilet did not stop running water after it was flushed,
- the wireless Internet in our room didn't work, even after asking 5 times for it to be fixed. The incompetent I.T. Techs solution was to turn it off and on again which made no difference at all
- at breakfast I asked for well cooked poached eggs ( because I'm pregnant and am therefore not allowed to eat undercooked food), it took them 3 attempts to get it right, then they told me not to order them again
- the room service menu and restaurant menu is small
- there were ants and cockroaches in our room

Room Tip: Reef view or the huts are supposed to be much better If u do stay here, ask for a room that is on the ground floor so u have beach access and your views are not obstructed by the trees
8  Thank Kate D
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Dear Kate D,

The last thing that I want is for any of our guests to have an unsatisfactory stay at Beach Club and I apologise for the fact that you weren't satisfied with your stay. Our guests have very high expectations of us and we try very hard to live up to these standards but I’m sorry that your experience of Beach Club Hotel wasn’t up to that standard.

The island has had issues with Wi-Fi recently that have affected some of our rooms and I have been working to have access restored for all Beach Club guests. I'm very sorry that this inconvenienced you but please understand that the IT officer was not brushing you off - it is an ongoing problem that we are in the process of fixing.

I know that you didn't feel that you could raise your issues during your stay and this is a shame because If I had known about these issues I would have done everything in my power to make sure that they were fixed while you were with us. As you are probably aware, I'm a very approachable, hands-on general manager and I genuinely love surprising my guests by turning problems into positive experiences but I need to be aware of the problem in order to help. Guests often meet me upon arrival at Beach Club and I really encourage every guest to let me know if their stay is less than perfect because I believe that all of my guests deserve an unforgettable holiday and I feel like I’ve failed if they don’t get that.

Congratulations on your engagement during your stay with us and I wish you the best of luck with your new arrival. As we have already been corresponding privately, let's continue that discussion.

Yours Sincerely,