“Superb location, super island, splendid hotel”
Review of Beach Club

Beach Club
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Hamilton Island
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed on Hamilton Island at the Beach Club for 7 nights in September as part of a trip to Australia from the UK. I had read quite a number of reviews before hand, so was reasonably positive we would like the Beach Club.
It was excellent. We had a first floor room with an excellent view. The breakfast was amazing. The evening meals whilst top end price wise was worth it for the quality of the food and the superb service. The staff were exceptional.
Absolutely no hesitation in recommending this place.

Room Tip: Our room was 228. Providing you have no mobility problems, as you do have to climb stairs, a first f...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear Reet28,

Thank you for your recommendation of Beach Club Hotel. It's really encouraging to hear that your stay was so satisfying and that we managed to live up to our reputation on Tripadvisor!

I can't tell you how much I and every one of my staff appreciate the recommendations and reviews from past guests. Many guests are either returning or have read reviews on Tripadvisor before they come, so they already have high expectations and we're proud of the fact that guests generally leave with their expectations exceeded.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Beach Club hotel for 5 nights as part of our honeymoon. From the moment of arrival in a golf buggy we knew this was going to be special. Upon seeing the room, all of which have a sea view we knew even more that it would be difficult to leave. Rooms were spacious and modern with good tv facilities, not that you would want to stay in your room unless you are crazy. Hamilton Island in general is so clean and good fun, as was the Beach Club hotel. Breakfast is something to behold and the specials are like works of art. We only eat at the hotel one night but it rivaled the more expensive Yacht Club restaurant in terms of the food quality. As part of our honeymoon we got a free bottle of champagne and also a personal letter from the manager (I mean self written not your standard pre-printed copy). The beach is lovely and yes there are better beaches in the world but it is nice and relaxing, especially because only hotel guests can use the sun beds out the front of the hotel. Free use of watersports is a bonus and after 4 days I could paddle board like a proper Aussie. Recommend you do this as it is so relaxing and I was joined by a couple of turtles having a casual swim as well. The marina is also very good although only one real pub, everything else is restaurants. To be fair one person does own the Island so he must say what goes where while making about 200k per day while sitting on his Yacht. Not bad I suppose. My wife and I did not want to leave Hamilton Island or the Beach Club hotel and one day we will go back again but if you haven't been I would advise you to go. One last tip, do the sunset cruise and the day cruise to Whitehaven beach. Both are done on the catamaran called On the Edge. Both good trips.
Le

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChrisWhiting77
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Dear Chunk2,

Thank you for the great review of Beach Club Hotel! I shared your review with my staff in our meeting this week and it was really appreciated.
I’m glad that you took advantage of the free watersports equipment available to our guests. If you practice hard enough, maybe next year you can come back and compete in our annual Paddle Boarding event!
Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your honeymoon. I’m so happy to hear that everything was perfect for this special occasion and I hope that we see you many more times in the future. When you are ready to come back, please contact me directly on marcust@hamiltonisland.com.au and I will assist in any way that I can.

Congratulations again and good luck with your future together.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We arrived immediately after the cyclone that had seen the resort we had booked closed (February 2011, though the form won't allow me to post so late!). The Beach Club had got itself back into gear rapidly, and that sense of good management and first class staff informs everything. Room very comfortable, with a walk straight out onto the beach. The breakfast, despite overinquisitive birds, was excellent with everything fresh, never easy on islands. The facilities - pool, bar, buggies for transport round the island, and the library of course, join with very friendly staff to make it memorable, and good value.
Hamilton Island may be one of the few places on the Whitsundays with an airport, but the planes are barely noticeable, and quite rare anyway.

Room Tip: Any room facing directly onto the beach gives a sense of having one's own villa.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nigel C
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear Nigel C,

Thank you for posting your review, I couldn't agree more with your header. I consider Beach Club a perfect place to 'recharge the batteries'.

The Whitsundays is located within the sub tropics and this gives us fantastic weather and a warm ocean but unfortunately also the threat of cyclones for a few months of the year. The island is well equipped to deal with Cyclones and systems are in place to ensure the safety and comfort of our guests throughout the whole process.

We look forward to your return.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stayed here on our honeymoon for 4 nights just recently.
There is not many negative things to say about the beachclub. Having stayed at Hamiton Island several times before, this was our first trip the Beach Club. From the moment we arrived, we felt like we were treated like VIP's. Our room was quite spacious and had all the furnishings you would expect.

Positive Things:
Was great to be able to be dropped off and picked up anytime we wished, this meant we didn't have to hire to buggy or catch the bus
Was wonderful to have a hot a la carte breakfast each morning and staff were very attentive
The lounge is a wonderful place to relax and not worry about anything - great with the only heated pool also.

Negative Things
We did have some negative things to say - however this did not damper our stay at all.
Firstly, our bed was two single beds put together to make a 'king' bed. We only realised this halfway through our stay and it was uncomfortable sleeping at some times.
Secondly, we felt that the room's set up could have been a bit better. As we were not in as king suite, our bed didnt not face outside and we felt possibly the tv could have been a bit bigger (perhaps a plasma) as this is what you would get in other places you stay.
Also, it would have been nice to stay on the top floor and have a room overlooking the beach, however I think that was our fault when we booked.

However, we definetly enjoyed our stay and we will be back.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the top floor overlooking the beach - magnificant views!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kelli_09374
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear kelli_09374,

Thank you for your 5 star review of Beach Club Hotel. I'm very happy to hear that you had a great holiday and you enjoyed your time with us.

Next time you visit please call ahead/email and we will make any request happen if it's within our power. Allocating an upstairs/downstairs room is usually no problem.

You can call our reception on 07 4946 8000 or email me on marcust@hamitonisland.com.au.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Stayed here for 8 days and though it was a lovely hotel with great rooms, amazing breakfasts, nice pool, good location, impeccable service, I find it hard to believe that we paid as much as we did for a basic room given the AMAZING resorts you may 1/4 of the price for overseas. We would stay here again only for a lot less money, as nice as it was there was no value and it didn't feel exclusive enough or grand enough for the money. It felt like a casual getaway hotel and is not a honeymoon hotel in a honeymoon location which suggested to us it would be very romantic.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Markerina
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Hello Makerina,

Firstly, let me thank you for choosing to stay with us for your honeymoon and thank you also for your positive review.
I was delighted to read that you thought Beach Club Hotel was "a lovely hotel with great rooms, amazing breakfasts, nice pool, good location, impeccable service".

Some developing countries offer prices that Australian hotels aren't able to compete with, mainly due to higher service staff wages and the difference in currency values. However, I believe that Hamilton Island offers beautiful accommodation in pristine and safe surroundings and all of this less than 3 hours from most of the east coast of Australia. No customs, no vaccinations, no translators needed!

If you add inclusions like non motorised water sports, breakfasts, gym access, airport transfers and a $49 flight for the lucky ones you end up with a pretty reasonable holiday with minimal hassle.

Thank you again for choosing to stay at Beach Club Hotel for such an important occasion. I hope that you decide to come back and stay with us again some time in the future.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed at the Beach Club resort over the Race Weekend and do not have words to describe how amazing our stay was. From being met at the airport to being taken back for the flight home our experience first class.

The view from our room was breathtaking (upstairs, over the pool) - make the effort to get up for sunrise - you won't be disappointed. The room was spacious, clean, cool and well appointed with Bose sound system, sofa, coffee facilities and chairs, lounger and tables on the balcony. The hotel itself is a beautiful boutique style - it almost felt like we were staying with friends the staff were so approachable and friendly.

Breakfast was a wonderful experience. Over looking the pool and beach the choice of food available was fantastic and I swear they serve the most perfect poached eggs ever !!

Nothing was too much trouble beit a late night drink, a lift up to One Tree Hill to see the sunset (definatley not to be missed!!) a table booking at a restaurant or an off-island excursion.

We hired a one of the golf buggies for the afternoon which was great fun and a great way to see all sides of this beautiful island. The hotel booked our trip out to Reefworld - a must for anyone as they accommodate those who can dive, want to dive for the first time, can snorkel or have never snorkelled before.

The hotel, the staff, the island - absolutley amazing and well worth every penny. We hope to make it back one day

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room at this hotel. The upstairs rooms have wonderful views over t...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Hello Chillout62,

I’m so glad that you had such an amazing time staying with us. Thank you for your kind words about our rooms, our food and especially our staff at Beach Club.
I’m really proud of the friendly yet professional service culture that we have at Beach Club. All of my staff are not only great at their jobs, they are fun and friendly people that make our guests feel welcome and comfortable. I was so happy to read that you felt like you were staying with friends rather than staying at a hotel – this is the kind of experience that we love delivering to our guests and I think is what sets us apart from anywhere else on Hamilton Island.

It’s really rewarding to get such fantastic feedback from guests such as yourself. We try hard to ensure that everyone who stays at Beach Club Hotel is happy with their decision to stay with us and has a memorable holiday.
We would absolutely love for you to come back and stay with us again sometime in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

Holiday started off on a high after a complimentary upgrade from the reef view hotel.

Picked up from the airport in a golf buggy without the need to get suitcases. Staff were exceptional.

Recommend a meal in the hotel restaurant which was fantastic.

Make sure you take a kayak out into the bay as you'll be sure to see some resident turtles. Head out with snorkels too and you may get lucky and see one up close.

• Stayed: April 2012

Dear JamesCaroline79,

I’m delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us during your holiday earlier in the year. It’s actually a beautiful time of year right now, with sunny mid 20s weather and a lot of wildlife on and around the Island becoming more active after Winter. The turtles are still around and the whales put on a performance this morning for everyone during breakfast. My staff and I would love to see you again the next time you come to Hamilton Island.

Kind Regards,

#1 of 1 in Shute Harbour
at Marina Shores
at Marina Shores
#6 of 10 in Airlie Beach

Been to Beach Club? Share your experiences!