“Great half day trip”

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great half day trip”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We took the half day trip to Chalkies and Whitehaven on the Reef Ryder and even though the weather was pretty average (very windy and high seas) our captain was very competent in his boat handling trying to avoid the roughest sections and getting us to our destinations as quickly and safely as possible. The snorkelling at chalkies was a great intro for the kids as our youngest hadn't done this before and swimming off the beach made it feel a lot safer for her and there was plenty of fish among even the little sections of coral. From there we headed across to Whitehaven and played a few ball games on the beach as well as having a swim. I had been to Whitehaven a few times and it never disappoints but for the rest of the family their first trip was all and more of what I had described and we all loved it.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Liam R

Kerobokan, Indonesia
65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“Parasailing and Tubing”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and kids had a great time on the parasailing ride and riding the tubes behind the ski boat. Bookings essential as they were quite busy when we were there. The tube rides weren't overly long (so the kids thought) but the parasailing was very good. Pricy (but everything on Hamilton Island seems to be...) but definitely worth the effort.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank TanjungBaraDiver
Airlie Beach, Australia
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“We loved parasailing!”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My partner and I went tandem parasailing in November. When booking the trip over the phone previously, I found one of the more mature woman to be rather rude, but maybe she was just having a stressful day,although I'd rather a polite phone conversation. That aside it was a lovely day and the guys that took us out were very good at thier job, casual and fun but yet still professional.
I found parasailing to be very relaxing and would definately reccomend!!!
The shop appeared to be too small when I returned to look at photos,there was about 10-15 people inside, im not sure if that is a regular occurence? Unfortunately the photo viewing and purchasing didn't go very smoothly....felt rushed and that i was an inconvenience....we have both come from near Queenstown the adventure capital of the world some say, so maybe our standards are a bit high?
Thanks To the parasailing guys for a fun and entertaining afternoon.
Still thoroughly enjoyed our day though!

Visited November 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Had a great time on the 2 in 1 tour and tube rides”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

The half day trip to me was the best money spent in Hamilton Island. Staff was helpful and friendly. My bf loved the the fast boat ride on the Reef Ryder. All of the snorkelling gears were included in the trip which was really handy. Chalkie's Beach was a good spot for first timer like myself and Whitehaven beach was absolutely amazing. Did a 15 mins tube ride with the company that afternoon too and had great fun. One of their staff sit at the back and took pictures for us too which was really nice.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Xbnt
Sydney, Australia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Full day trip was fantastic”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My boyfriend and I did the full-day trip, including snorkelling at Chalkie's Beach, Coral Gardens, Whitehaven Beach, and the walk to the lookout at Hill Inlet. We chose this tour over others available on the island as it seemed to have more stops for about the same price. The boat (Reef Ryder) seemed much faster than those used on other tours (e.g. On The Edge), so we could fit in more stops in the day. The boat itself was comfortable, fast, and was very open so we got good views as we rode from stop to stop. The boat is able to drop you off right on the beach, so there is no need to make the awkward transition from boat to dinghy. There is a toilet on board, which is handy.

We stopped first at Chalkie's Beach, which is itself stunning, and had about an hour there to snorkel. The reef is very close to the beach, so you only have to swim about 10-20m off the beach to reach the coral. Lots of pretty coral and fish!

Next we made another snorkelling stop, somewhere around Coral Gardens. Apparently the winds that day allowed us to go to a great snorkelling spot around there that they can't usually get in to... Again, great coral and fish with about an hour for snorkelling. We also saw a turtle!

Then we rode to Whitehaven Beach, where we had about an hour and a half to 2 hours... We were given lunch (tasty wraps, muffins and soft drinks), and then just relaxed and swam on the beach. The beach is STUNNING and definitely worth a visit if you are visiting the Whitsundays.

Our last stop was at Tongue Bay, to do the walk up to the Hill Inlet lookout. This was AMAZING. The walk is fairly short (1-2km), slightly uphill, quite easy (I did the walk easily in thongs/flip-flops). The view is stunning. Make sure you take a camera!! We were given plenty of time to get to the lookout, take photos and take in the view.

I would definitely recommend this tour. The company were great, very friendly and helpful. Adult tickets were reasonably priced, and comparable to other full day tours from Hamilton Island but with more stops along the way, so you see more. Everything you need for the day is provided - snorkelling gear, snacks, drinks and lunch. The 2 guides were friendly, helpful, and seemed to know a lot about the local area.

The only drawback (to some) was that the group on the tour was not very social. We had a mix of couples and families, and we all tended to stay to ourselves, rather than socialising together. This suited me and my boyfriend fine, but may not be desirable for everyone.

Visited October 2012