Tripadvisor
Hamilton Island
Open today: 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Explore Group tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Explore Group
from $163.79
More Info
from $56.83
More Info
1,424 results
All reviews bait reef sunset cruise whitehaven beach fish day trip top deck the great barrier reef buffet lunch afternoon tea snorkel tour dive master full day snorkeling friendly crew butterfly bay windy weather wraps great sunset
Selected filters
Reviewed January 23, 2020

As a nervous, absolute beginner diver, I can’t thank the Explore team enough for all their support and expertise on my very first scuba dive!

In particular, a huge thank you to my scuba instructor, Matt. He guided me through key diving skills in the pool session the day before, while patiently taking the time to show me again when I was unsure. His confident and professional attitude on the day made a world of difference to my nerves upon getting to the reef. Approachable and upbeat I was never afraid to ask as many questions as I needed and I ended up having one of the best experiences I have ever had.

We even saw real life clown fish and a wobbegong shark on our dive which stuck as highlights for my overall Hamilton Island vacation.

Considering how nervous I was at first, I never expected to love scuba diving as much as I did! The day was well organised, the gear was in good condition, the team were knowledgeable, passionate and personable and I wouldn’t hesitate to book with Explore again.

Thank you again!

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed January 22, 2020 via mobile

Whilst on Hamilton Island, if you can do one thing, this tour is a must!

Explore are excellent at organising trips. The sunset sail we did was phenomenal. This full day snorkel at the Great Barrier Reef was an experience we will never forget.

The skipper Gary and his staff were excellent, they made us feel welcome and at ease. As our small group gathered to board the Explore vessel, the much larger Cruise Whitsunday boat departed from an adjoining jetty, that boat appeared full to bursting. We were tremendously pleased to have chosen the trip with Explore.

The trip out to Bait Reef was seamless. You can help yourself to tea and coffee, biscuits and muffins. During the trip the staff ask questions of you to establish your swimming ability, and you are provided with all the equipment plus safety briefings.

Once you arrive at the Reef you do a guided snorkel for an hour, which means you are directed where to go but take your own course whilst experiencing the amazing marine life.

After that you get back on board and have a buffet lunch, which consisted of wraps, salad, chicken, prawns, cheese and ham. It was very delicious. The only complaint was they run out of chicken!

After lunch we were fortunate enough to do a drift snorkel which meant the current took you along whist you admire the beauty of the reef. We saw so many different fish including a white tip shark. As we drifted along guided by the current, very little effort was required and I imagine this was the closest feeling to flying you could get, watching all of the beautiful fish and coral below and in fact around you.

On the way back to Hamilton Island you are provided with cheese and biscuits, humus and fruit. You can purchase drinks on board.

We had the best day and recommend you do this trip with Explore.

Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

Our family of 5 chose to do the tour and absolutely loved it, without a doubt a highlight in Hamilton Island!!! The staff are incredibly helpful and friendly. The buffet lunch was great. It’s also much better to go with a smaller group, it’s much more personal. Plus the snorkeling was outstanding!!! We highly recommend this tour!!!

ExploreGroup, Marketing Manager at Explore Group, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2020

Hi juliecE3882GG
Aw thanks so much for leaving us this lovely review, we're so glad you and the family had a great time! ✨

Reviewed January 17, 2020

We had the most amazing day snorkelling with Explore on the Great Barrier Reef, the conditions were pristine and the crew were super helpful and friendly. They assisted my husband who has motor neurone disease in and out of the water and we were able to make some fabulous family memories. We can’t thank you enough!!!

Date of experience: January 2020

Hi 773becd
So great to read you both had a great day at the Great Barrier Reef with us - so glad you had perfect conditions!! It was our pleasure to have you both onboard, thanks for choosing Explore

Reviewed January 16, 2020 via mobile

Wow, what a great day! Started the day by getting picked up by the shuttle they arranged for us, so nice. The crew was inredibly proffessional and kind. We went to bait reef,i went for diving and My GF for snorkeling. We had a really great time seeing Turtles, stingrays, sharks and Nemos. The food was nice and they had two indoor areas aswell as ouside areas to hang out to fit everyones needs. The toilets were great aswell.
The crew was very competent and we felt safe all day long.
Would recommend to anyone and would do it again if there was time.

Hi axelo525
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us this review, and for recommending us to others! So glad you both had a great time with us visiting the Great Barrier Reef, sounds like you were able to see lots of amazing marine life while you were there!