“Really wonderful place - except the freezing...”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Barnie B
Melbourne, Australia
“Really wonderful place - except the freezing pool!!!!”
Reviewed June 24, 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

What a view, it is just beautiful.

The Villa is great, in a good position and pretty well decked out.

Would have liked a King bed in the master and crazy to not have a view from the Hot tub, but these are petty gripes. This is a wonderful place to stay, it was clean, well presented and has everything you need for a great holiday. Also no wifi is a bit 80's - that should be a given these days

Dont bother going to most of the restaurants, just get some fresh seafood from the team at fishi and have a seafood BBQ most nights, your deck is the best place for dinner on the Island.

Its great to have your own buggy to explore the island - what a beautiful place

Now the only problem - the edge villas have what looks like one of the best pools on the Island, but it is bone chillingly cold. It has two spas (one at each end) that are stone cold. Why Why Why??? What a disappointment. No wonder the pool was empty when we went down (once why bother going back) Why couldn't they have at least had the spas heated?
Who has ever wanted a cold spa?

Ok so off we went to the resort pools - but like it was some kind of sick joke they also run sans heating?? except the worst pool on the Island (reef view) that runs a little heating that makes it nice if its a hot day but still to cold if its not.

If you go to Queensland tropics to escape a Melbourne winter you would expect to be able to swim in some warm water but if you do you will be disappointed. We were really looking forward to taking our baby swimming but really couldn't.

This is a great villa and if its stinking hot the cold pool probably is great but don't go here (Hamilton) in winter if you want to go for a nice warm swim.

If some where on Hamilton had a warm pool I would happily come back to the edge time and time again, what a great place for kids, I hope that the body corporate decides to try and get some winter business as a warm edge pool would get me back no problems.

I still gave this place an excellent vote because its so nice a place to stay but really the pool situation is ridiculous and has to be costing the edge and the whole Island business. I just don't understand?

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the View
Liked least: cold pool
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
lightwork
Adelaide, Australia
“Memorable Stay”
Reviewed June 14, 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

My sister and our friend rented Edge 16 for a week as a celebration of their two milestone birthdays.

What a marvellous place - a short buggy trip from the marina, on a quiet side of the island, with a million dollar view of the water.

My sister had the upstairs room with spa and balcony. There was no one else about during the first part of our stay, but when others did arrive toward the end of the week, we were pleased to discover that we could not hear a thing from below or next door. There was a minor problem with the downstairs toilet, which was fixed the very same day it was reported.

We loved the spacious lounge/kitchen/dining area where we could hang out, and watching the cockatoos who came to visit and feed from the plants outside the kitchen window.

We loved eating breakfast on the balcony at one end of the day, and enjoying a drink at the other, watching the sun and sky play on the water while boats glided across.

The Edge complex's infinity pool was stunning, and we enjoyed a few swims and lazing by the pool sessions there.

We did not want to leave!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view
Liked least: The only thing I missed, which seems to not be standard in Australia, is wi-fi access
Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Sydney

Luxury-minded travelers
Belmont
Reviewed August 4, 2013 for a stay in August 2013

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing