“Very nice mussels. Still I´m kind of let down.”

Mariners Restaurant
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Australian
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Sample some of the Whitsundays' finest seafood at Mariners, in the heart of the Hamilton Island Marina. What you'll love about Mariners: - The offering is a seafood lover's dream - with fresh fish, local prawns, oysters, generous platters and other bounties from the sea. - Great location in the heart of the Hamilton Island Marina. - Relaxed, laid-back setting.
Oslo, Norway
“Very nice mussels. Still I´m kind of let down.”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

At the time we visited Mariners it was ranked as #1 on Hamilton Island, so I had big expectations for this dinner. Pre-booking is necessary.

We got a nice table in the corner situated with a lovely view of the harbor. I´m happy we were not situated closer to the bar, as it would have been a quite different experience.

However, I didn´t expect to be waiting more than one hour for the food to arrive.... The waitress was friendly, but the meal took way to long time to arrive as it was already pretty late (the only booking available was at 9pm) and there weren´t too many guests here. When the food finally arrived, I was very happy with my meal - delicious mussels and plenty of them. The eye fillet of beef and the seafood mix was also really nice.

I´ll recommend this place because of the great meal, but it´s pricey and make sure to have time to wait and prepare for a late night...

• Visited November 2013

Nashville, Tennessee
“Seafood Platter is a MUST try!”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We have had our share of seafood platters.... and this one has to be one of the best! Excellent quality food, drinks (try the Apple Sorbet Mojito!) and great service (thanks Megan!) and the ambience is amazing watching the sunset over the Marina and Dunk Island.

Visited December 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Salmon risotto served with an INSECT.”
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely terrible. Please don't waste your time and money dining at this restaurant.

We ordered the muscles which were served stone cold; the squid ink pasta which was also served stone cold and the salmon risotto was served luke warm with an insect in it....AN INSECT.

The staff were apologetic and brought us all three main courses again, this time minus insects and served piping hot. It is my opinion that if your selling yourself as a fine dining restaurant you should always serve food hot, the customer shouldn't need to complain about it in order for it to happen!

They discounted a pcent of the overall price off but I can't believe they charged us for the insect risotto. If I had more courage I would have contended this at the time.

As I said, completely missable, actively avoidable from our first and only visit.

Caloundra, Australia
“Don't bother”
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

We were very disappointed in this restaurant on our first night on hamilton island. My sister had the reef fish with squid ink
Gnocchi, seared calamari and a few other bits and pieces. The dish was a mish mash with no sauce to bring it together, she said the fish was dry and I looked at her calamari and it was completely raw, the waitress tried to explain that it was seared and I showed her and told her it was completely raw, looked to me as if it had never hit the pan, she showed the chef and he agreed it was under done and this meal was taken off the bill. The rest of the meals were less than impressive, my partner did not enjoy his bouillabaisse at all, and my mum said the tuna in the nicoise, was bland and watery. The muscles were good as was my duck in my entree, though the potato and leek terrine wasn't great. I would not recommend this restaurant and we will not return.

Brisbane
“Great for families”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Had lunch and then 2 nights later dinner at this venue. It was very busy on both occasions and very popular with families especially early in the evening.

It's casualness is its appeal with the food to match. This isn't haute cuisine and doesn't try to be - whether you're looking for a plate of calamari and a beer at lunch or a pizza and pasta and a red in the evening this fits the bill nicely.

All restaurants on Hamilton could well remember they are in the tropics and if you don't have wine cellars something needs to be done to serve red wine at a reasonable temperature - not the ambient 25plus degrees!

Visited November 2013