“Very disappointing”

Beach Club Restaurant
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Choose to unwind with a pre-dinner aperitif looking out to one of the best views on the island, or to indulge in the exquisite, modern Australian cuisine featuring seasonal and locally-source produce.
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner here tonight and it was very average. Undercooked scallop entree with corn kernels on top - how could anyone think that would work? Very strange and ruined good local seafood. My wife had overcooked rubbery scampi (just one, mind you) served with tasteless pasta and raw peas. On to the main. The waitress asked how I would like the lamb cooked, and she said the chef likes to present it medium. That's fine. It comes out a little less than rare. My wife had tough overcooked duck. When I pointed out my underdone lamb they offered me a free dessert - no thanks. I then got charged for the lamb on the bill. Hey, $240 well spent!! Many better restaurants on Hamilton Island IMHO.

2  Thank Fergford

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Perfect experience from the lovely staff who made our table setting in view of the sun set over ocean framed by palm trees then the evening moon lit view lighting the candle at our table, presenting menu selection with knowledge to making sure our wine glass was topped up, delicious food, lovely ambience, friendly staff,

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Having dined several times at this restuarant previously and rated it above average we were in our view rudely told at reception we were "unlikely to get a table tonight as we don't know how many guests we'll need to seat" we asked if we may have better luck if if we asked in the restuarant and were told "possibly". When we tried this a young man simply said " we can't guarantee" asked if they would call us, sort of bemused the staff. Having stayed on Hamilton Island over 10 times we know the drill, and to find a restuarant that can't seemingly handle a reservation process is disappointing to say the least. A casual walk by later in the evening highlighted 'half empty'. Enough said, voting with our feet resolves all these matters....

1  Thank tthorne
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed at qualia and the food at the Beach Club restaurant was far better than anything we ate at qualia. For lunch, the polenta chips are incredible, as is the salt and pepper calamari. We also had salmon which was beautiful. The service was great, our waitress was thoughtful and very accommodating, as was he chef. Ordering in a restaurant when you're pregnant can be painful but they were so kind and made sure everything was suitable for me! Very impressed by this unassuming little place!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Every thing on the island is expensive, however by island standards this is a good value for money location, espically for lunch as you overlook the beach

1  Thank Charsal_56