“Disappointing front office staff and lack of process”

Beach Club Restaurant
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Choose to unwind with a pre-dinner aperitif looking out to one of the best views on the island, or to indulge in the exquisite, modern Australian cuisine featuring seasonal and locally-source produce.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Having dined several times at this restuarant previously and rated it above average we were in our view rudely told at reception we were "unlikely to get a table tonight as we don't know how many guests we'll need to seat" we asked if we may have better luck if if we asked in the restuarant and were told "possibly". When we tried this a young man simply said " we can't guarantee" asked if they would call us, sort of bemused the staff. Having stayed on Hamilton Island over 10 times we know the drill, and to find a restuarant that can't seemingly handle a reservation process is disappointing to say the least. A casual walk by later in the evening highlighted 'half empty'. Enough said, voting with our feet resolves all these matters....

1  Thank tthorne

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed at qualia and the food at the Beach Club restaurant was far better than anything we ate at qualia. For lunch, the polenta chips are incredible, as is the salt and pepper calamari. We also had salmon which was beautiful. The service was great, our waitress was thoughtful and very accommodating, as was he chef. Ordering in a restaurant when you're pregnant can be painful but they were so kind and made sure everything was suitable for me! Very impressed by this unassuming little place!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Every thing on the island is expensive, however by island standards this is a good value for money location, espically for lunch as you overlook the beach

1  Thank Charsal_56
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

We loved staying at BeachClub but did find we were often unattended or needed to follow up for service which was unusual. We wondered if we were just giving off this vibe which was a shame as the location and meals were amazing!

Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I dined at the beach club as part of their waters edge experience this weekend gone. We arrived a little early and were offered to have drinks at a pool side table which was lovely. Our attendant then ushered us to our beautiful table on the beach where we proceeded to have the degustation menu. I don't think you can order al a carte when you dine on the beach but the degustation menu was so nice I'm glad we didn't have the option! The food was superb and when you match beautiful wine in a superb location, good company helps as well, it was the most beautiful dinner my boyfriend and I have ever been on. The cauliflower velouté was TO DIE FOR! But all courses were delicious. I wish I could remember our hosts name as she was so lovely and was very attentive without being over bearing which is great! She even gave me a blanket as it was a bit chilly that night. 10 our of 10 dining experience and I that is one dinner I will never forget! Thank you to the team at the beach club!

4  Thank Courterly