We just spent a week here. Absolutely loved apartment. So light & fresh looking, lovely decor, had everything in it you could want. Spent some wonderful time on balcony just watching boats, planes & of course having a sunset drink. Could not recommend it highly enough.
The apartment was gorgeous, centrally located and the service was amazing. Terribly sorry as I cannot recall the guy who liaised with ya name (Pete - maybe?) sorry in advance if incorrect however I just wanted to highlight how fantastic he was to deal with, with me even forgetting my wallet and him going out of his way to meet us with it. Our flight wasn’t until 3pm so we were allowed the buggy for the rest of the day to get around where we all later met and our luggage was brought by the team. The weather wasn’t great all weekend however the apartment and service certainly made up for our trip. Thank you so much again and we will definitely be back! Kev & Siobhan
We stayed at this property in September 2017 and initially all seemed well but the real test of anything is both the little things and when something goes wrong.
It was a luxury apartment with great views and good location with both walking and easy cart ride to marina.
In the beginning it was little problems that we just let pass by b/c we were enjoying the island and the wedding festivities we were there for.
So when the initial valet pickup was delayed 30 mins or more b/c the staff were wasting time which was annoying as we had flown 24 hours and just wanted to settle and have a shower, we said nothing.
When dishes had dried food stuff all over it in kitchen as if someone just stuffed underneath a clean bowl or plate we just cleaned it ourselves and used it.
When the dryer just did not work at all after multiple tries, we just dried clothes in the sun, we also said nothing.
However it was the last day the catastrophe started. Before we had even check out, cleaners had entered the apartment without permission and taken one of our items (later confirmed when the management company sent photos of the item they took).
Worse was when the valet pickup did not show up at all to pick us up from accommodation which not only almost caused us to miss our flight but the next international connection which would have been a disaster and very costly across 2 people.
The responses to these last 2 things was casual and flippant and beyond token apology, no effort to compensate.
As I said to them over phone and email over the next month, that while I initially would have let all the earlier things slide, the non pickup which we paid for given premium accommodation and taking our item was unacceptable.
They refused and were arrogant that nothing would happen to them in regards to our credit company issuing the partial refund but after a few months investigation, we got the partial refund.
Moral of the story is both not to let things slide and do not under any circumstances let anyone think they can provide a service that is not explicitly what you paid for. If they don't do the right thing, make sure your credit card company makes it right.
5 stars for the actual apartment but minimum stars for cleanliness, in particular the toilet. Also quite dusty. Some appliances need a clean or service. Cockroaches observed in the toilet as well as the kitchen. Also agree with one of the earlier reviewers regarding the lack of lighting in the carport area - twisted ankle one night coming down the stairs adjacent to the carport.
This apartment has been renovated to a high standard and it is simply beautiful. The view is amazing and I sat out on the balcony as often as I could to drink in the fabulous vista. As the apartment has been renovated recently (within the last 12 months I would guess), there isn't much wrong with it. However we did note a couple of things that needed attention:
1) One of the feet is missing from the back left hand corner of the sofa, which makes it wobble a little bit.
2) The tumble dryer made a loud banging noise when I tried to use it, just to dry some swimmers, so I ended up hanging them out on the balcony over the chairs.
3) there is no plastic ware provided - no plastic cups, plastic wine glasses, plastic bowls etc. Everything is breakable.
4) The cleaning could be better - even though the floors look clean, check the bottom of your feet after you've walked around barefoot inside - black!! This meant that the white (very thin) bath mat ended up rather brown after 5 days of using the bathroom!
A couple of points regarding the Heliconia Grove complex in general that detract somewhat from the lovely upgraded apartment 8:
1) The path and steps down to the buggy carport are not lit at night and it is very dangerous and dark, we used the torch app on our phones to see where we were going. It looked like there were lights in the carport ceiling, but could not see where to switch them on. A few lights on the pathways would make all the difference.
2) The pool in the complex needs a good acid wash, lots of brown stains which make it look dirty. The decking around the pool is worn, chipped and tired and probably needs replacing. We didn't use the pool, we chose to drive around to the report pool.
3) Valet service, these guys were ok but seemed confused quite a lot. The guy who picked us up at the airport (Ben), told us he would text us the day before we leave to advise of checkout and whether we could use the buggy for longer (our flight wasn't until 3pm). The the day before checkout another guy (Vaughan) turns up at the door with a checkout slip advising checkout would be at 10.30am. When I said Ben was going to find out if we could have the buggy for longer he didn't seem to know anything about it but said he would check and let us know. A little while later I got a text from Vaughan saying that they had guests checking in the next day but we could have the buggy until 12.00 - so we made plans for our morning around that information. The on checkout day Ben arrives to pick us up in the van and says we can't have the buggy as people are arriving early. I showed him the text from Vaughan and he was surprised that we had been told we could have the buggy until 12. So we bid farewell to the buggy and got a ride in the van to the main resort area where Ben said they would be happy to mind our luggage and we could then catch the Airport Shuttle to the airport. So up to the resort counter we go (stand in line for 10-15 mins) ask the girl if we can leave our bags with her - she looks confused and has to go out back to check with someone. Eventually she comes back and says, yes we can mind your bags, so she takes the bags but doesn't take any of our details(???). We hung around the main resort area which was loud and un-interesting, had lunch from Sails takeaway (waste of money) and waited and waited - couldn't go swimming as we had no towels (pool towels were provided in the unit so we left them behind). Caught the shuttle to the airport ($8 each, thanks Ben & Pinnacles valet service - not really valet at all).
We stayed here for 4 days and could have stayed much longer. Hamilton island is amazing, perfect couples get away. Do not hesitate! Also do not hesitate to rent this unit, it is superbly positioned, elegantly decorated, very well equipped, has incredible views and very importantly on a tropical island is beautifully air conditioned! We were met at the airport by our valet who was very useful and friendly, we had use of a golf buggy which is an absolute must, the island is very hilly. All in all, we didn't want to leave. Highly recommend.
My husband and I stayed in the beautiful Heliconia Grove 8 apartment for 7 nights,
We were pleasantly surprised when we walked through the door.
The decor and layout of the apartment is beautiful.
Lovely patio area, bbq, table and chairs, nice relaxing view. Fantastic kitchen with everything we needed for cooking etc. Lovely bedroom, bathroom and living.
Great buggy with the apartment as well.
The apartment sits above another and other two storey apartments sit either side.
We really enjoyed our stay but next time we will try and avoid the school holiday period.
The pool area (very small) is directly below Heliconia Grove 8. We chose to go to the beach or the main resort pool area.
It is hard to find accommodation with self contained facilities for two people and this definitely ticked all the boxes for us.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|