“Amazing service great for family's”
Review of Sails

Sails
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Sails Steak and Seafood Grill overlooks Catseye Beach - meaning breakfast, lunch and dinner are served with very pleasant views. What you'll love about Sails Steak and Seafood Grill: - Sample some of Australia's best seafood and prime beef, cooked to perfection, in a spectacular poolside setting. - Both the lunch and dinner menus include a selection of delicious seafood. - The generous buffet breakfast - which is offered daily. - With a relaxed, tranquil vibe, Sails Steak and Seafood Grill is perfect for families or groups of friends. - If you're staying at the Reef View Hotel, Palm Bungalows, or any holiday home booked through Hamilton Island Holiday Homes, you can also take advantage of our Kids Stay & Eat Free offer - where children up to 12 years can eat free when dining with their parents, and when they choose an item from the kids' menu.
Sydney, Australia
“Amazing service great for family's”
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

When I first arrived at sails I was a little shocked to see the amount of children dinning at sails. I turned to my husband and friends and was about to walk out. we awere then greeted by "Laura" in who was fantastic.
Even though it was really busy, she gave us the time to explain the menu, ask if we had any questions. Not only was she helpful but she also was full of knowledge. She told us history about the island in which we thought was a long shot about asking.
I would recommend sails for their services and amazing staff.
The food was awesome! My scotch fillet was cooked to perfection!
High recommendation even in school holidays.

• Visited April 2014

Melbourne
“Set Sail for somewhere else on the island!”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Had lunch at Sails with the family and we very disappointed. We had the fajitas and the Ceaser salad and both were the text book definition of slap-dash complacency. The fajitas were essentially pre-cooked industrial-strength chicken reheated in a sea of oil with a depleted combination of capsicum and onion supported by guacamole that had clearly never seem an avocado, sour cream that has the consistency of cottage cheese and bearable packet made salsa. The only star of the fajitas dish was the tortillas that let's face it, no one could really get that part too wrong. The Sails' Ceaser Salad is the definition of the betrayal of the Roman Dictator himself! A seemingly pre-prepared combination of teeth crushing croutons, nitrate nurtured bacon pieces, the same chicken they traumatised us with the fajitas and a dressing that can only be described as mayhemonnaise that they to be rescue with crisp cos lettuce and well cooked egg. The kids had a chicken nuggets with chips and greens. Well done on the greens and crisp chips but the 'chicken? nuggets were a frightening experience. Allowing my kids to eat some of their disgraceful fake chicken Sails' nuggets will haunt me for years and is a great reminder that all parent make mistakes. Clean up your act Sails. Go to a bit of extra effort and make some real food for people instead of all your pre-cooked and pre-made lunch options. People come to Hamilton Island for a holiday and and the opportunity to have a break from cooking and all Sails does is remind us why we do our own cooking in the first place. If necessary, charge $5 a head for kids instead of the complimentary option provide a better level of quality. Anyway, guest like me come and go and I don't expect Sails to change it's stripes unless someone on the management team becomes inspired to make some simple changes and refresh the menu and introduce a great level of quality.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank ADABROAD D
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

I had pasta and my boyfriend had the steak. Pasta was sitting in a bed of oil and needed a sauce. The steak was not cooked to mneduim as requested so we sent it back and they did apologise but then it came out as I had given up on my pasta rare! Not good.

Visited April 2014
Newcastle, Australia
“Great for family”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Good for families with young children as service is prompt. 5 adults and 2 children and we were there less than an hour from ordering to departing. Not a restaurant if you want to have a quiet dinner and talk quietly.

• Visited March 2014
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Mediocre dinner”
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Went here for dinner while staying at Hamilton Island. The restaurant has a nice setting but is expensive and the food wasn't great. I ordered a T-bone steak cooked medium. The first one I was brought was overcooked. I sent that one back and was brought another which was undercooked - very rare in places. At the prices they charge, they should be able to get it right every time. The steak was also a bit bland. I wouldn't go back.

Visited April 2014