“Not worth the money”

Sails
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Sails Steak and Seafood Grill overlooks Catseye Beach - meaning breakfast, lunch and dinner are served with very pleasant views. What you'll love about Sails Steak and Seafood Grill: - Sample some of Australia's best seafood and prime beef, cooked to perfection, in a spectacular poolside setting. - Both the lunch and dinner menus include a selection of delicious seafood. - The generous buffet breakfast - which is offered daily. - With a relaxed, tranquil vibe, Sails Steak and Seafood Grill is perfect for families or groups of friends. - If you're staying at the Reef View Hotel, Palm Bungalows, or any holiday home booked through Hamilton Island Holiday Homes, you can also take advantage of our Kids Stay & Eat Free offer - where children up to 12 years can eat free when dining with their parents, and when they choose an item from the kids' menu.
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The decor is quite dated, no table service, staff quite uninterested in doing much. All this considering that the price of a main is very high!!
Went once and definitely wouldn't go again, much better places to eat on the island.

1  Thank DaFuss
Write a ReviewReviews (1,091)

Reviewed March 3, 2013

the food is great, taste yumm but waiting time it's to long and they forgot one of our dessert. for overall tha food was ok

Reviewed February 28, 2013

We visited this restaurant on our recent visit to Hamilton Island with my husband, two kids and my parents. All the other places we went were fabulous, this was nothing more than a canteen with restaurant prices. The food was average at best and my father didnt finish his ribs as he thought it tasted funny he then spent the whole night up vomitting. I let the resort know through the normal feedback form and had no response. If I do go back to Hamilton Island, and I would because the overall experience was great I would steer clear of sails and I have made sure everyone I know that is going there to do the same.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had tried several of the more upmarket restaurant in Hamo but just fancied a nice steak without having to pay for the whole cow! We were pleasantly surprised! I had the scotch fillet which was absolutely melt in your mouth, divine. Everyone else loved their variety of steak as well. The sides were teriffic too.. We came away feeling it was the only place on the island that gave real value or money and it was the best meal we had there!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

great food, great portions, service great, great views, variety of food great. very relaxing. Made feel very welcome, nothing was a problem with the staff, whatever request that was put to them was dealt with quickly and with a smile