We stayed 2 nights there as a break in our travels, to rest, and a good spot in the Whitsundays islands
Of course, you have the minimum requirements you can expect from this kind of island resort : big swimming pools, beautiful beaches, included buffet breakfast, spacious, nice and clean room
But as said, this is the minimum anyone can expect when you pay this price.
Yes we had some rest and we enjoyed our stay but we were disappointed by the way this hotel is working :
- once you’re there, you have only the hotel area, no others stores, restaurants or bars ; all are part of the hotel so you pay everything outside of the room rate. And really, we didn’t find this method fair as the price was high
- free wifi only in the lobby and they told me at the reception that it’s a chance in Australia which I know now it’s false ! You have a lot of places with free wifi everywhere not only in the lobby (you can imagine with the size of the hotel going in the lobby to have wifi !)
- we asked for 2 photocopies and we had to pay for !!! 1$ ! And when I asked why they told « we already offer free wifi », is it a serious customer oriented answer ? (I work with customers every day and I don’t answer that way). And for 2 copies, is this hotel has some money issues ?
- You have this free outside movie every night which is nice, but they don’t even offer a drink, and they do popcorn for 5$ (could it be a free tea area close !)
- You have to pay for almost any activities you want to do
- We tested the seafood buffet. It was great but really expensive (70$ per person). We had better seafood experience in Asia or the Caribbeans.
If the hotel was having an « all inclusive » option, we would had taken it but not at all. So at the end, a weekend will cost you a lot you only for basics (eatings ,relaxing) and a lot more if you want to move.
I don’t think the hotel will continue to work with this system and by discussing with others customers, they were saying it was better in the past…
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Daydream Island in the Whitsundays has commenced its demolition and construction program ahead of its long-awaited redevelopment expected to be completed in August 2018. Following the damage caused in March by Cyclone Debbie, Daydream Island has invested $86 million in the redevelopment of the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Daydream Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Daydream Island Hotel Daydream Island
- Daydream Island Resort And Spa