“More than could have hoped for !!”

Daydream Island Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Daydream Island
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Amazing holiday with our 5 children aged 9 - 14. Staff were fantastic, Attentive, helpful, nothing was too much trouble. Island was all we could have asked for and more. 9 days of bliss. So much to do, and we did it all. The kids didn't ask for one thing and we also relaxed. Very sad to have left but met some great people. Premixed drinks were a little pricey, but when they have to get it all to the island I guess its understandable but we would have bought more had it been a little cheaper.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Rebecca C
There are newer reviews for Daydream Island Resort & Spa

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Absolutely lovely destination, unfortunately the resort is dated. Rooms are simple with early nineties styling. Bathroom was mouldy, requested housekeeping address it but when it was left untouched made the same request to reception, with the same result. Meals expensive with only a few options of restaurants open at any one time. If resort was given an update would consider staying again.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Gindahous
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My partner and I needed a quiet , relaxing place to unwind , chill and thaw out out from the long , chilly Melbourne winter and ... we found it !!

Daydream Island offers a great choice of doing absolutely nothing in gorgeous , sun drenched surroundings ... soaking up the tropical views or doing some occasional whale watching , kayaking on Mermaid Beach daily with the local turtle or simply sitting by the pools ( or in your room but why waste that sunshine and those beachside views ... can't see those whales , dolphins , turtles from the balcony I'm afraid ).

The meals offered are varied and good value considering where you are .... would recommend the reef fish and chips and special hamburger at the Fishbowl Tavern , the BBQ Buffet at Waterfalls and a magnificent pasta dish at Mermaids - Home made pumpkin and ricotta ravioli with sage butter sauce - yum !

Given the size of the island , I think there's enough choice .... but if you want more of Noosa , Gold Coast , Sunshine Coast , etc ( with cafes , bars , shops galore ) then this is not for you.

Having local wallabies roam the small island is a nice surprise for we city slickers .... and for overseas visitors and families alike. Our garden balcony room was very spacious with a king
size bed - we also really enjoyed playing tennis , the open air cinema and tours to Hardy Reef and magnificent Whitehaven beach.

Excellent coffees made by friendly barrista Dannii from the Coffee Bean in the Atrium - definitely recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jane D
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Daydream Island 6-9 Aug 2013

Fantastic , I just don't know where to start?
Maybe the staff or maybe the fun we had kayaking or
The massage & glass of champagne sitting in a robe on the balcony of the spa overlooking the glistening Whitsunday's? It could have been the free wi fi 24/7 in the atrium whilst sipping a latte & eating cake for only $8.00 from the coffee shop or sitting in the spa at the poolside then jumping in the pool just to cool off or the massive movie screen viewing 3 times a week ,chair& blankets supplied by Daydream Island, spoiling my self with a soft drink & popcorn for only $5 & a chocolate for $3. Afternoon stroll having $2.50 paddle pop whilst walking to the games room the games were $1-2 a game or a game of pool $2 . The pool water was a bit cold for me to have a long swim but the swim up bar look enticing.
I have read comments that the food is expensive , Lunch would cost you $18 for hamburger n chips Pizza$20-$22 at Mermaids restaurant ,view of the water was stunning, service excellent..comparing this to a beach side cafe in Sydney it's the same price. Buffett dinner 3 times a week one night it was Aussie BBQ $42 per adult $19 child 6 to 19 under 6 free , you can purchase unlimited soft drink for $ 5 on buffet nights, Beers ranged from $6.50 not bad considering I paid $7 on the flight. Main meal at the fish bowl Tavern starts from $24 water jug & cups supplied on counter. I think if you budget $100 a day per adult &$50 a day per child , your sure to come home with change and this would include buying your self a souvenir. There is a pool on the south end of the Island if you want some privacy . Kids club was fantastic there are 2 sessions and 3 in school holidays, you have to pay but it's the same principal that the airlines use to keep cost down . eg user pays , on a flight You want a meal & a drink you pay extra , on Daydream you want to use Kids club you pay extra.The Buffett Breakfast was fantastic , endless variety of food , making my own expresso coffee from the machine & making my own pancakes on the pancake machine There is an adults only eating area for some quiet time . Wallabies roam around the grounds which is relaxing to look at some of the free activities other then the non motorised water sports are totem tennis , volley ball, yoga , a nice 20 min stroll on through the rain forest walk.I like to look on trip advisor for feedback on places i want to visit for holidays. for those people that are going to Daydream you'll love it & for those thinking of booking you won't be disappointed . I hope my information is helpful

Room Tip: Rainforest room with ocean view near the activities hut
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
12  Thank RobynsRest
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We needed a break from our busy lifes, daydream island was the answer you could do alot or nothing the choice is yours. Cocktails by the pool every afternoon what more could you ask for. We found that this resort catered for a broad range of age groups from families through to the elderly all looked to be having a wonderful time, and couples can dine in piece in a separate dining room.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank budjoo
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We chose Daydream Island Resort & Spa to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. The whole experience is one which will live in our hearts forever. The room was lovely and clean, the staff were so welcoming and remained friendly though out our stay. Thorougly enjoyed the nice food and restaurants and the selection of activities at our disposal. The staff had delivered to our room a fruit platter in recognition of our anniversary, much appreciated. We would love to return one day.....

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Annette H
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I recently stayed at Daydream Island Resort & Spa for my birthday. I had a fantastic time there, the island is stunning and the staff are wonderful, happy people. I wish I was able to stay longer! I am really looking forward to going back, hopefully soon!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
#4 of 5 in Hamilton Island
at Marina Shores
at Marina Shores
#6 of 10 in Airlie Beach

Been to Daydream Island Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!