Lizard Island is the place to go when you want to spoil yourself. The small plane takes you over the reef to the private runway. You are escorted into paradise by smiling, friendly and professional staff and the dream begins.
The food was varied and delicious. The chef will create something special for even the fussiest palate. The views are beautiful, the water clear and inviting.
The beers, wine and spirits were always waiting - just in case.
We had the degustation dinner on the beach. 7 courses matched with wines and an attentive waiter.
Comfortable rooms, lovely bedding and reefs that can be reached by pulling on a pair of flippers and kicking slowly for 30 seconds!
Please disregard silly comments you might read about requiring jacket and tie at lunch. That is nonsense. There certainly weren't guests lounging around the dinner table in speedos, boardies and thongs as others have suggested is an acceptable dress code.
It is comfortably, casually sophisticated (if that makes sense?). A pair of shorts, a nice t shirt or polo and a pair of sandals or sneekers would be a common sight.
I think possibly some of the excursions could be better priced, but really that is about the only criticism.
Love the staff, and love the feeling of total relaxation. It is worth the coin to really spoil yourself now and then. You are only on this side of the grass once!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lizard Island is truly secluded from the rest of the world. With 24 powdery-white beaches and 40 luxurious suites, it is the most northern resort in tropical Queensland and is located directly on the Great Barrier Reef. A National Park covering 1,013 hectares with 24 sandy beaches and a lagoon, Lizard Island is accessible only by private charter from Cairns Airport in northern Queensland, Australia. Cairns Airport is accessible from all major Australian airports and directly from some cities in Asia. The island is reserved for the fortunate few who will experience an unforgettable holiday like no other. Enjoy secluded picnics and sunset beach degustation on private beaches, five star cuisine in the beautiful Salt Water restaurant and indulgent spa treatments in the Essentia Day Spa. Relax in style in premium accommodation and take in the wonders of Australia's Great Barrier Reef - right on your doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lizard Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lizard Island Hotel Lizard Island
- Lizard Island Resort All Inclusive