Green Island Cruise - Day Tour (Big Cat Green Island Reef Cruise)
Book In Advance
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Like heaven on earth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

My wife and I took the half day trip to Green Island and immediately wished we'd done the full day. The crew on the way out were fun and informative. They were extremely helpful and made you feel at ease immediately. We chose the snorkelling option and, even though neither of us had ever snorkelled, found it to be an amazing experience. Right off the beach were hundreds of stunning, brightly coloured fish and sea life like we have never seen. It was truly spectacular. The region is teeming with life and coral and well worth taking a close up look at. From above the water it looks pretty, but just below the surface is a whole new world! The island itself is stunning. We didn't check out too much of it as we were too busy in the lovely, warm water, but we grabbed an ice cream and wandered back tot he boat after a great, great morning. If we're ever up that way again, this is the first thing we'll do again. I cannot recommend the island, snorkelling and the Big Cat crew enough. Awesome!

Visited March 2014
3 Thank THG74

• Thai first
Cape Town, South Africa
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Boat trip”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Went on Green Island reef tours we were booked on a boat called Reef rocket, I would advise people that are prone to sea sickness to avoid this craft if the weather is windy or sea rough as it is a small craft our trip was rough waves covering the craft,
Snorkelling is fun but wish I had opted for the sea walker a great experience,
The island is great avoid the pool as saw try divers spitting into the water hope this gets stopped as children were in the pool.

Visited March 2014
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Family outing to Green Island”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

The trip to Green Island was pleasant and the waters were calm. Views from the top deck are lovely as you exit the harbor. The staff on the boat were professional and friendly. My young niece of four was kitted out for snorkeling as were the rest of my family. I opted for the glass boat option and we all decided to do the semi submarine tour at the island. Lovely clear waters along the boardwalk and you can see many different types of different fish. Green Island is a great place for beginner and young snorkelers. For more experienced snorkelers and divers it is best if you go on a trip to the outer reef. The Island is busy but not so over crowded that you can’t find a private spot on the beach. I saw two turtles on the glass bottom boat tour and we all saw three small sharks on the semi submarine tour. My young niece was enthralled by the variety of fish and loved the experience. Lunch on the boat was good and plentiful. Ice ream on the trip back is a must. Afternoon was spent lazing in the warm waters along the beach as you can just lie there and absorb the atmosphere. A highly enjoyable day trip for a family outing!

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Sylvie035
Los Angeles, California
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Nice place but tons of tourists”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

Green Island itself was fine. You could get some quiet time if you got away from the center "village". It was really packed. We found some space after lunch on the side of the island near the helipad.

I recommend you not get the included lunch on the boat. There was sandwich makings but no mayo or mustard. The Asian food was salty and unimpressive. Also it was very crowded on the boat. People pushing everywhere to get to and around the buffet line. And I had to clear someone else's dirty dishes to make room to eat.

Visited January 2014
Milton Keynes, England
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“What Coral?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

We did the snorkelling afternoon trip and it was a major disappointment.
My and my wife's sonrkelling gear was defective and we had to go back to replace it. There may have been coral near the beach once but not now and I think you would have to go way out to find some (and I went out to 150 metres and beyond). We did see the odd pretty fish but not much else.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank PatrickKenny

Travelers who viewed Green Island Cruise - Day Tour (Big Cat Green Island Reef Cruise) also viewed

Been to Green Island Cruise - Day Tour (Big Cat Green Island Reef Cruise)? Share your experiences!