“A must do while on Green Island” 4 of 5 bubbles

$151.76*
and up
Green Island Sailing Cruise from Cairns
More attraction details
Owner description: Marineland Melanesia Crocodile HabitatSituated on beautiful Green Island off Cairns on the Great Barrier Reef. Home to Cassius - largest captive croc in the world at nearly 5.5 metres. Set on 3/4 acre garden setting with over 60 crocodiles, sea turtles, tropical fish aquariums, and museum of primitive art and marine artefacts. See our crocodile feeding shows at 10.30 and 1.30 daily, and have your photo taken holding a baby crocodile. Ask about our family rates.At our entrance you will find our gift shop, with a fantastic range - and the best prices. Souvenirs, T-shirts, beach clothing, towels, sunscreen, shells, coral, gemstones and jewellery. We make beautiful gemstone and coral jewellery here in our shop as well - take home something unique to Green island.
Cairns, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“A must do while on Green Island”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed overnight at Green Island and whilst we were there we paid Marineland Melaneisa a visit. It was less than $20.00 to go in, which we thought was great value and a really interesting place! Obviously the crocs are the main attraction, with it being home to Cassius, the largest crocodile in captivity, but there are heaps of other interesting facets including the huge collection of wood carvings and artefacts from PNG and surrounding islands and a gallery about all of the croc attacks in recent years. There were also some turtles, fish, lobsters and other animals to see.

The crocs themselves were monster sized! being an unusually cold day in May, they were not keen on getting out of the water, but the feedings were still entertaining to watch and the guide was great. I must say, I was petfiried at the sight of Cassius. His head alone was the size of my car! (maybe a slight exaggeration but not far off!) hard to see just how big this croc was being underwater, but seeing his eyes poke out of the water was a truly amazing (and frightening) experience.

An interesting place and a must see while on Green Island. Seeing Cassius alone was well worth the entry fee!

Visited May 2012

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic shopping experience and more...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

My husband and I recently spent a day on Green Island and I just loved the quaint gift shop which is part of Marineland Melanesia! Okay, the crocs were great (and I mean great as in HUGE), the fish and turtles really cute, the artifacts interesting, but what I really enjoyed was browsing in their amazing little gift shop which has a bit of anything and everything. Hubby was really happy spending time looking at all the exhibits and chatting with the very helpful staff, which left me free to spend as much time as I wanted picking out little treasures to give to our friends and family back home and remind us of our fabulous holiday on the Great Barrier Reef. I also found the most amazing range of jewellery in Marineland Melanesia's gift shop and bought myself a very special piece made of red coral and pearls - and the prices are fantastic! Heaps cheaper than what you'd pay on the mainland and stuff that you don't see anywhere else. From what I can gather, it's a family run business and is in some ways a bit of a time warp, but in the nicest possible way. Marineland Melanesia is a hidden gem in an era of slick commercialism and was the highlight of a fantastic day spent on gorgeous Green Island.

Visited May 2012
Richmond, Virginia
76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Huge collection of beautiful masks from New Guinea- bonus!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

Up close and personal with huge crocodiles- the feeding was wonderful to see- usually they just lie in the cage but here you can see them in action! Nice aquarium display- lots of nemo's! A bonus is a huge collection of tribal masks from New Guinea- hundreds!

Visited July 2012
Maitland, Australia
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Up close and personal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

Started off hearing another tourist saying - "surely it's not real" about a huge crocodile sunning itself, and yes it any many others were real and fascinating to look at and learn about. Great little place to visit where you are in a small group, get to see the incredible creatures up close and well worth the visit.

Visited July 2012
Cairns, Australia
“Family Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

There is a lot to see at Marineland Melanesia. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The croc show and the park are very informative the feeding of the crocs was very good the person who did it explained everything he was going to do kids loved it as did the adults. The artifacts were presented very well and the place was very clean and tidy. The displays were very well done even the gift shop had a lot to offer and were very well displayed. The tropical fish at the entrance were very interesting. It is a very well run family business and really worth a look if ever you are on Green Island.

Visited June 2012