“Best tour on K'gari!”

Drop Bear Adventures
Ranked #1 of 8 Tours in Fraser Island
More attraction details
Owner description: DROP BEAR Adventures provides travellers with an authentic Aussie 4WD eco glamping adventure of the beautiful World Heritage listed Fraser Island. Owned and operated by Mark & Hana; 2 passionate Fraser enthusiasts we guarantee you'll love what we have to offer! With all equipment, insurance, National Park fees and food included our tours are an easy affordable option for all travellers. So come check out what we do and let us show you around the gorgeous K'gari island we have call home :)
Reviewed May 2, 2014

My boyfriend and I booked in on the 3 day tour with dropbear and we feel extremely lucky to have went with this company. It's locally owned and operated and the staff truly care about the experience each individual has. Our guide Dave was incredibly passionate about his job and shared that with the group. We were fortunate enough to learn about the history of the Butchella people on K'gari and the significance of each site we visited which not all tours provide. The camp is well set up, the food was delicious and the island itself is spectacular. You will not be disappointed with the quality of tour Dropbear provides! Thank you so much Dave and Mark!

Dave T, Guest Relations Manager at Drop Bear Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Hi Alexandra H! im so glad you and your boyfriend came along to K'Gari with Drop Bear and I, you said it perfectly, and i am so happy you had such a great time and enjoyed the history of the Butchella people, i definitely feel that when you know the history of the places we get to see it just makes them that much more special!! thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us and leaving such a lovely review

lots of love

Dave

There are newer reviews for Drop Bear Adventures

Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

We had a perfect three days tour on fraser island. Simon is the best guide to discover the island and create a good atmosphere in the group. Everything was excellent : camping, driving on the beach, swimming in the lakes. We strongly recommend it.

Thank you to the team for this great tour!

Camille & Anais

Simen_Eikeland, Tour Guide at Drop Bear Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Hi Bill T, thanks for taking the time to write a review of your experience with us on Fraser Island, it means a lot to me and the rest of the business! You guys gave me a great few days on the island to get to know you, so I really appreciate you coming with me!

Reviewed May 1, 2014

We were a group of 4 people. And we booked the tour of the 28/04 - 1/05. With our tour guide Simon.
It was an awesome experience, we have been pretty unlucky with the weather but Simon (the guide) managed to help us to visit the good site at the right moment and for the right period of time.
He also managed to have a good athmosphere for the whole group with funny eve' in the camp (or hostel during the tempest). Funny drive where I appreciated to sing and whistle !

Simon you are the best ! The four of us really, really enjoy :-).

Hi PierreOz, thanks for taking the time to write a review of Dropbear, it means a lot to us! And thank you for being you, you were so much fun to have on tour, there is another review that mentions your name, that says a lot! Was great having you in the front seat with me singing and dancing! You gave me some very memorable experiences so just want to thank you for coming with me my friend!

Reviewed April 30, 2014

I absolutely loved this trip. Simen was our guide and his enthusiasm was fantastic. I enjoyed the fact that the camps / tents were already set up and that food was provided. I eat gluten-free and Simen went to the trouble of buying gluten free wraps and bread which was fantastic. The island itself is just stunning and the tour enabled us to see so much in the 3 days/2 nights we stayed there. I enjoyed the company of the travellers I met, many seemed to be young professionals from Sydney and others were professionals from overseas out visiting on holiday. The only downside to the trip was the fact I cut my foot on a barnacle at the beginning of the 2nd day at Champagne pools, but they had a first aid kit and my boyfriend bandaged me up, and I hobbled on. I've travelled extensively in Australia and I would rate this as one of the best things I've ever done.

Hi Happy K, thanks for coming with me to K`gari for a great trip, and thank you so much for giving me some feedback on the tour! It makes a big difference to our company, so it is highly appreciated! I`m glad the injury you got didn't affect the your experience with me, and also glad your boyfriend (who I rate very, very highly) was able to sort it out!

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Wow what a 3 days on k'gari! Troy was extremely knowledgeable and passionate about the island which made us able to understand the history and appreciate it more. Unlike the other tour groups Troy visited the sights with us telling stories about each place and all with an effortless smile. He definatly made this trip awesome. We visited so many beautiful places on the island. Even though I was unable to drive the 4WD was great fun as a passenger. This was hand down the best experience of my 6 months traveling Australia.

Good food, great company and a truly beautiful island.

Please please book though Dropbear to get the most out of this amazing place!

Hana W, Manager at Drop Bear Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2014

Hello!

Thank you for your fantastic review! By the sounds of it Troy definitely did Team Drop Bear proud, he loves the island and has so much information to give and we are so pleased you got to experience that! We cannot tell you how much it means to us to hear our guests say it was one of their best trips whilst travelling in Australia. Happy travelling and if your on the East Coast again anytime soon, you know where to come and visit! ;)

Cheers,