I just want to express my disappointment with the resort. We just returned from our honeymoon spending 7 nights in the Banksia villa. Everything was perfect until my husband got food poisoning from the seafood buffet at the Maheno restaurant. He was very unwell so I went to reception were they sent someone to our room with some imodium and filled out a report. On departure they still charged us for the dinner and tried to charge us $22 for the imodium, they also tried to charge us for meals already paid for and a meal that wasn't even ours. My husband was sick for days and it has seemed to ruin our experience, we missed out on a lot of planned activities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the bush overlooking the calm waters of the Great Sandy Strait, this award-winning ecotourism resort on World Heritage-listed Fraser Island is the perfect base to explore the world's largest sand island. The resort incorporates the 152-room Mercure Kingfisher Bay Hotel, self-contained two and three bedroom villas and houses, and a 174-bed Wilderness Lodge for groups. Resort Rangers also guide a variety of four-wheel-drive coach tours or personalised tours of the island. Access to Fraser Island is by ferry only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kingfisher Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Kingfisher Bay Resort Fraser Island
- Kingfisher Bay Hotel Fraser Island
- Kingfisher Bay Fraser Island